Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.T Newbies - 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Are you sure that's not just because it's the first week? We don't have a few classes because there's still inductions going on.

On another note, does anyone know when repeat students have to be registered by?

Yep that's exactly it id say! - hopefully things will sort themselves out after the first week / or two.

I have no idea im afraid, BUT, i know the DIT Registration Team are very helpful, there based in Aungier Street - What course are you doing?

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Is it all courses that are having trouble with the webcourses/blackboard thing? Not all modules are showing up :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Yep that's exactly it id say! - hopefully things will sort themselves out after the first week / or two.

I have no idea im afraid, BUT, i know the DIT Registration Team are very helpful, there based in Aungier Street - What course are you doing?

Rob

We were finished by 12pm today, it was awesome :P

Say hello to the new vice-rep for early child ed! I was beaten by the only lad in the class :( But it's all good :D

It's not for me it's for the bf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Jumpsuit, check. Paint party, let's be 'avin ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 billy87

i just applied to vacant places. by the time i get accepted will i not already be far behind in the course?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the story is for the busses to and from the Wrights Venue tonight? Where does the bus back leave you and what time do you get it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

When do the Xmas exams timetables come out?

ConTheCat wrote: »
    When do the Xmas exams timetables come out?

Also, when can you view the second semester timetable? :L

• Site Banned Posts: 15 Meyo

you can view it now but its liable to be changed at any time

Some of my exams are listed as being in rotunda. Do they mean the hospital? Do I actually have to do an exam in a hospital? :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Some of my exams are listed as being in rotunda. Do they mean the hospital? Do I actually have to do an exam in a hospital? :L

Jaysus, really? LOL - Dont think it could be the hospital, where are you normally based?

Jaysus, really? LOL - Dont think it could be the hospital, where are you normally based?

Cathal Brugha street. No it definitely is the hospital :L Some room called the pillar room in Rotunda :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It's in the grounds of the rotunda, we had to go through the main entrance and through a kind if square and it was at the very back. You should get a map with directions on it :)

Ah sure I'll be headin in with a few others anyway so im sure we'll find it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

how did you find out where they are?i only know days, no venues :(

MaggieNF wrote: »

how did you find out where they are?i only know days, no venues :(

I had to email my tutor. Theyre ridiculous about the exams in dit!

I had to email my tutor. Theyre ridiculous about the exams in dit!

yeah, pretty bad about registering for them as well. I found out the days and times on the notice board in college, and there is a timetable supposed to be getting emailed out this week. I got told they use the Gresham, the hospital and the church across the rad from Cathal Brugha... I'm sure it will all be grand ha

MaggieNF wrote: »
    yeah, pretty bad about registering for them as well. I found out the days and times on the notice board in college, and there is a timetable supposed to be getting emailed out this week. I got told they use the Gresham, the hospital and the church across the rad from Cathal Brugha... I'm sure it will all be grand ha

... wait, we have to register to do them? How? :L

... wait, we have to register to do them? How? :L

Well we had to register, our course has optional languages, so we had to de-register for all the ones we didn't do and register for all the ones we are sitting, other wise it's harder to get the right paper and stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

opening hours of Kevin Street over the Christmas period?

I'm just wondering is Kevin Street open from the 26th - 30th of December?
    I left alot of my notes in my locker by mistake and only realized now.

I've checked the library etc... which says its closed until the 2nd of January, any chance the main building is open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

guys .....any ideas when timetables come out for semester 2 ??

madcharlie wrote: »
    guys .....any ideas when timetables come out for semester 2 ??

You can view them now. It's weeks 16-25. They'll more than likely be subject to change as always :L

Hey thanks,

However now it won't let me log on the usual way to view them ! , I am using students/timetables to log on ! :(

Anyone else having similar problems ?

You can view them now. It's weeks 16-25. They'll more than likely be subject to change as always :L

It generally works sporadically around the time when they're doing the timetables. I think it's to update them. I find it usually works in the afternoon I think it goes off late in the evening to update.

That's if my theory is right anyway :P

I think you could be right!

Its keeps saying my login details are incorrect and to try again ......so later I will try ! My faith in DIT administration is not very strong lol
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    It generally works sporadically around the time when they're doing the timetables. I think it's to update them. I find it usually works in the afternoon I think it goes off late in the evening to update.

That's if my theory is right anyway :P

nope, still can't access any DIT timetables . I am using the username/password -- students/timetables and it keeps saying "login details incorrect" .

Anyone else having the same problems ?? I have tried at numerous different times .

I'd say give it a few days, seeing as it's christmas time and I doubt anyone is in the office at the moment.

Just to let you know the timetables seem to be back up and running.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Just to let you know the timetables seem to be back up and running.

thanks a mill :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Just saw my timetable for semester 2.

5/6 hour break on Thursday. Well done DIT :rolleyes: I hate this college

Advertisement