Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.T Newbies - 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Is there different classes? Somebody in DT411 PLEASE help me thanks :) so confused!

For a lot of courses yeah, in mine there are 4 different groups. One of the first things they did for us last year at our induction was organise the groups, in our case it was based on the language we chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Hi all,

http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/registrations/registrationsseptember2011/College%20of%20Business%20Induction%20Schedule.pdf

According to this all courses in the school of business we have to wait to be contacted by the school of business for the induction date, I'm doing logistics and wondered did anyone get contacted about the date yet?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

How long does induction last? Is it just the one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I was pretty much the same last year, I'm going into second year of 407 now, if you have any questions about it at all feel free to ask me :)

that is really good to know, I had to call into the offices today and I was so confused I didn't know what was happening so I may take you up on the offer of asking questions :)

In relation to timetables, the course I was in before had all the modules for the programme on the timetable and you had to pick it out yourself, so it is easiest to print off the timetable I think on an A4 page and highlight the modules you are doing, and use a different colour for the different semesters or better yet print two copies, they are so confusing to look at at the start but then you get used to the layout and it all makes sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

How long does induction last? Is it just the one day?

I think so.

More HERE - Look for your module.

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Christ, looks like I'm in pretty much 9-5 Mon-Fri...And then work afterwards, I'm gonna be a zombie for the year it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

If I'm doing the access orientation this week, do I still have to do the normal one?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

ContheCat, I'm thinking not. I'm going to the Access orientation as well on the 10th but wasn't told anything about having to attend the other "Mature Student" orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

I'm going into clinical measurement science anyone know where i can get the timetable for my course?

I tried here but the infor (pass, user) does not work for me it seems...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

If I'm doing the access orientation this week, do I still have to do the normal one?
    Yeah, you do. The access orientation is general college stuff, finances, team building and info about access.

The normal one is course specific.

I'm the student coordinator if the access orientation programme this so if anyone in access has any questions feel free to drop me a PM!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Yeah, you do. The access orientation is general college stuff, finances, team building and info about access.

The normal one is course specific.

I'm the student coordinator if the access orientation programme this so if anyone in access has any questions feel free to drop me a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amy230189

declan_man wrote: »
    I'm going into clinical measurement science anyone know where i can get the timetable for my course?

I tried here but the infor (pass, user) does not work for me it seems...

Same here! I think we're just going to have to wait for induction. There must be a fault with the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Danny94

Who was the access orientation for? HEAR and Dare students? or is there another program separate from them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

MaggieNF wrote: »
    that is really good to know, I had to call into the offices today and I was so confused I didn't know what was happening so I may take you up on the offer of asking questions :)

In relation to timetables, the course I was in before had all the modules for the programme on the timetable and you had to pick it out yourself, so it is easiest to print off the timetable I think on an A4 page and highlight the modules you are doing, and use a different colour for the different semesters or better yet print two copies, they are so confusing to look at at the start but then you get used to the layout and it all makes sense :)

in relation to timetables , when checking them out on-line , key in week 1 for semester 1. it means you won't have to differentiate between the semesters. Think thats it anyway , my timetable is looking OK that way dt343.

madcharlie wrote: »
    in relation to timetables , when checking them out on-line , key in week 1 for semester 1. it means you won't have to differentiate between the semesters. Think thats it anyway , my timetable is looking OK that way dt343.

As far as I know you actually put it in week 4 I think I it is, in my last college the college lecture year started on week 4, so if you go week 4 - 16 that is all semester 1, had to do that last year as some modules were only on for half the semester

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Has anyone else tried to ring the school of arts and tourism for information on our induction week? I haven't been able to get through?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 heyaboyz

has everyone got their packs except me? :(

heyaboyz wrote: »
    has everyone got their packs except me? :(

I haven't. They're coming this week though. Go like DIT of Facebook they post info every now and again.

meesh140 wrote: »
    Has anyone else tried to ring the school of arts and tourism for information on our induction week? I haven't been able to get through?

I was trying to get through to them because I was going to miss an induction day, didn't get any reply, ended up calling in and then everyone emailed me back. typical haha

Depending on what your question is, if you try emailing them now you should get a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

I was trying to get through to them because I was going to miss an induction day, didn't get any reply, ended up calling in and then everyone emailed me back. typical haha

Depending on what your question is, if you try emailing them now you should get a reply

I was ringing to try and actually find out when my induction even was? On the dit website, it says for students in dt413 we need to ring the school for info on our induction schedule? But sure what good is that when they don't answer? Iv left messages too and still heard nothing?
    Do u have an email for them so I can try sort this out?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

meesh140 wrote: »
    I was ringing to try and actually find out when my induction even was? On the dit website, it says for students in dt413 we need to ring the school for info on our induction schedule? But sure what good is that when they don't answer? Iv left messages too and still heard nothing?
    Do u have an email for them so I can try sort this out?
    Thanks

ah well I'm doing Culinary Arts, but I googled it, and I reckon your best bet would be to email the school secretary which I think is either John Carty or Mary Dineen whose emails are john.carty@dit.ie and mary.dineen@dit.ie or you could try the head the department which I think is Ralf Burbach for Hospitality (ralf.burbach@dit.ie) or Sheila Flanagan for Tourism (sheila.flanagan@dit.ie). Before when I had problems in my old College I contacted the head of the department who even if they couldn't help would CC your e-mail to whoever can help, could be the same here, if you are stuff you could try contacting the Students Union who may be able to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I registered but still haven't received my e-mail. Do I have to wait until I have paid to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ah well I'm doing Culinary Arts, but I googled it, and I reckon your best bet would be to email the school secretary which I think is either John Carty or Mary Dineen whose emails are john.carty@dit.ie and mary.dineen@dit.ie or you could try the head the department which I think is Ralf Burbach for Hospitality (ralf.burbach@dit.ie) or Sheila Flanagan for Tourism (sheila.flanagan@dit.ie). Before when I had problems in my old College I contacted the head of the department who even if they couldn't help would CC your e-mail to whoever can help, could be the same here, if you are stuff you could try contacting the Students Union who may be able to help :)

The school secretary for culinary arts and food technology is Fabiola Hand (fabiola.hand@dit.ie) I think she's on maternity leave at the moment, but you can try that anyway and it will be redirected, or you could try scaft@dit.ie

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    The school secretary for culinary arts and food technology is Fabiola Hand (fabiola.hand@dit.ie) I think she's on maternity leave at the moment, but you can try that anyway and it will be redirected, or you could try scaft@dit.ie

Yeah I was trying to contact her alright, it didn't end well, I wasn't sure who the secretary was for the events management crowd though so ended up using google for it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 heyaboyz

I haven't. They're coming this week though. Go like DIT of Facebook they post info every now and again.

Thanks for the reply, I got mine this morning:)

heyaboyz wrote: »

Thanks for the reply, I got mine this morning:)

Yeah same as meself :D

still didnt get mine do i have to register to get it? did you all register?

declan_man wrote: »
    still didnt get mine do i have to register to get it? did you all register?

Nah you don't have to register (although you should have by now) to get the welcome pack. You'll get it sometime this week depending on where you live I suppose :p

that's good I excepted a secoond round offer so might be a bit longer. Any of you guys get the grant or waiting on it. Do you hav an option to say your waiting for grant or do you simply have to pay..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Anybody know the deadline for registering for second year?

Advertisement