Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.T Newbies - 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

declan_man wrote: »
    that's good I excepted a secoond round offer so might be a bit longer. Any of you guys get the grant or waiting on it. Do you hav an option to say your waiting for grant or do you simply have to pay..

There's a box to tick to say that you are waiting on the grant. You just enter in the date that you applied for it. They'll then register you without payment. No ones got the grant yet. The first payment isn't until the 29 October ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

I still havent got my email for registering, or do you only get this when you pay your fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

FTS wrote: »
    I still havent got my email for registering, or do you only get this when you pay your fees?

i think you get it when you pay your fee's or at least the first installment, and it will be sent to your dit email address first.lastname@student.dit.ie. username is your student #.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

FTS wrote: »

you get a letter telling you how to register, and then they email you a confirmation of registration once you pay your fees

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coogiebearr

What's the story with orientation on monday? Do we just show up or what? I'm so confused :(

• Advertisement

What's the story with orientation on monday? Do we just show up or what? I'm so confused :(

show up at the corerct time and place as per your email/letter/website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

show up at the corerct time and place as per your email/letter/website.

I'm presuming there'll be more info at the location, as mine just says the building?

ya, it'll most likely be the main area in each building and pretty much within site of the entrance will be tables with sign of the course names and lecturers at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

is orientation a full week in dit?

im not sure if it varies course to course, but i think its a few hours monday, a few hours tuesday where you get a taste of the course and collect your card wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

It says on my Induction schedule to collect my card from 10 - 11 on Thursday but on the ID card collection schedule it says from 3 - 3:45 I assume its the second time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yungaz

i just want to ask if your a fresher and your only 17 can you not go to any of the fresher events like xample the freshers ball in wrights

yungaz wrote: »
    i just want to ask if your a fresher and your only 17 can you not go to any of the fresher events like xample the freshers ball in wrights

If you get your student I.D. you can use it to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yungaz

ok thanks caue i didn want to miss out lol thanks :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

yungaz wrote: »

I'd be skeptical about this tbh. As far as I can remember, I was ID'd going into the Wright 2 years ago when I was going to my Fresher's Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

The Fresher events include ROAR so it's up to the security on the door unfortunately.

I'd be skeptical about this tbh. As far as I can remember, I was ID'd going into the Wright 2 years ago when I was going to my Fresher's Ball

I have a friend in DIT and she said on most nights you can get in with student I.D.
    I dunno though. I wouldn't like to be in the position where I wasn't 18 and it was the only thing I could use :p

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭masoodsarwar

I didn't get my Student ID and password yet.
    No registration pack yet.

All I got is an offer letter and one letter from program head about induction.

I have paid my fee as well. So who is best to ring next morning?

student services?

or registration office?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I didn't get my Student ID and password yet.
    No registration pack yet.

All I got is an offer letter and one letter from program head about induction.

I have paid my fee as well. So who is best to ring next morning?

student services?

or registration office?
    They're both the same office man.

I was wondering could anyone help me, I have completely missed uniform fittings. what can i do now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Induction tomorrow, am I meant to bring anything in with me?

meesh140 wrote: »
    Induction tomorrow, am I meant to bring anything in with me?

Was wondering this too :L im guessing just a diary and a pen? I dunno though :L

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Was wondering this too :L im guessing just a diary and a pen? I dunno though :L
    I'd bring a pen and something to write on, also something to stuff handouts into, you know timetables or anything else you are given. You might also need some form of ID for them issue you with a student card, you know just to check you are who you say you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

MaggieNF wrote: »
    I was wondering could anyone help me, I have completely missed uniform fittings. what can i do now?

Is that for culinary arts? There should be other fittings on, if you contact your course tutor I doubt it'd be a problem going to another one. Also you can get all the from the student union shop in Cathal Brugha Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 s0m3b0dy_

If anyone sees me tomorrow I'll be the one with the hand/wrist in bandages might aswell say hi :)

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Is that for culinary arts? There should be other fittings on, if you contact your course tutor I doubt it'd be a problem going to another one. Also you can get all the from the student union shop in Cathal Brugha Street.

yup culinary arts, I was away from home when I paid my fees so I never even looked at the dates and went looking tonight and saw I missed it, absolute disaster. It had a number to contact so I'm going to try that first thing in the morning. I was more worried about the knives because it mentioned ordering them at the fitting time so they would be there for lectures starting so I got really panicked :(

Anyone going to induction for pharmaceutical healthcare tomorrow? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Guys,

Just FYI - I am in DT211, and the timetables have changed twice already, so just keep a close eye on things, just incase.

I came all the way in today, for 9am.. to find i don't actually start until 11am :(

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Guys,

Just FYI - I am in DT211, and the timetables have changed twice already, so just keep a close eye on things, just incase.

I came all the way in today, for 9am.. to find i don't actually start until 11am :(

Rob

Are you sure that's not just because it's the first week? We don't have a few classes because there's still inductions going on.

On another note, does anyone know when repeat students have to be registered by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

In the health centre, are you able to get x-rays done!?

Advertisement