Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Shelters close to Swords

Options
  • 28-05-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I have a kitten, 6 months old, That I will no longer be able to take care of anymore.

I took care for the kitten since it was about 1,5 months+.

I found it and have been going to a Veterinarian to give it all the different medication that is has been in need of.

Now I am moving away from Ireland to another continent and cannot bring it with me.

Is there anyone who knows a good animal shelter in the Dublin area?
    Preferebly close to Swords if it meets good standards, dont want to leave this kitten to just anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

hi,

If you contact Cats Aid (just google them) they should be able to help. Or you can surrender her to the DSPCA.

Ideally you could try and find a suitable home for her yourself. The recues are over-run with animals at the minute. Especially kittens as kitten season is in full swing. They are all struggling to cope with the animals they already have, so see if you can find a suitable home for her first, if not then try the rescues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Snusken

Thank you for the tip, I will have to contact them and see, as I do not know anyone who can take over the kitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

also try Fingal SPCA and DAR in Drogheda. You should be able to find them if you google them. I fostered my cat via Fingal and now she's permanent! and my friend volunteers with DAR - both are really well run and very good quality. Its a shame you can't keep the cat, but well done for being responsible and trying to have her rehomed rather than just letting her stray.
    I hope she finds a new forever home soon :(

Advertisement