Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playgrounds around Nenagh?

Options
  • 28-05-2012 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, taking a few days hols in Nenagh in a couple of weeks. A bunch of pals with toddlers. All smallies aged around the 18 month to 2 years.

Are there any toddler friendly playgrounds around the area? Anything with slides, toddler swings and rocking horses are ok.

I had a look on the North Tipp council website, couldn't find a list.

We have a GPS, so addresses or linky to google earth or coordinates would be very handy.

Thanks loads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Not sure about in the town itself, but dromineer is about a 10 min drive outside the town.

It's along the water with a little harbour there so plenty of boats. Also has grassy area for kickabout or whatever and a decent sized enclosed playground.

There is also a beside the playground for ice cream etc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Hi there,

The playground in Dromineer is great but is undergoing work at the moment and is fully closed off.

There is a town park in town near Tesco on a road called the New Line. It was done up in the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh jeez. So the one and only playground in the area is closed. Pfft.

Does the town park have swings, or is it just grass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I found the New Line one on google maps... 4 toddler swings. We're sorted. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Love To Cook

Hi,

Didn't know that the Dromineer one is closed off, but there is also a nice play area down beside the lake at Portroe. If you continue on from there to Ballina/Killaloe there is the waterside park on the Ballina side. The outdoor pool opens there tomorrow and also the outdoor gym, thats more suitable for the Mums and Dad's though! Very pretty and well worth a visit and just 20 mins from Nenagh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yes, playground and sand pits in Castlelough

It's below Portroe, down by the lake

After you drive through Portroe, turn off for the lake, straight on is Ballina

There is another part of Castlelough which is forestry, has three signposted trails if you fancy a nice walk. About 2km further past the lake

Don't bring a childs buggy, it's pretty rough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm living in Killaloe and we have a lovely playground (it is just across the bridge from Ballina). There is also a playground on the Ballina side.

When the weather is too bad for playing outside I usually take my little one to Jump N Gyms in the Springfort Retail Park, Nenagh. It is quite a nice play centre, reasonably priced and the staff are incredibly helpful.

I was in Castlelough earlier in the week and there is only one child's swing there, it is a beautiful spot but there aren't enough activities for young children to do there, in my opinion.

Advertisement