Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up western union without ID?

Options
  • 28-05-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hope this is the right section.

I have a Western Union payment coming over from a friend in the U.S.
    But I have no passport or driving license. He says i can pick it up without ID but im not so sure... Do you guys have any idea?

Oh and also can I pick this up at the post office?

Thanks for any info :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 coll123

Hi

You have to have either D Licence or Passport to collect Western Union. Don't think it can be processed without it. Better to contact your friend and see if he can cancel the payment or get it changed to someone else who can collect it for you instead.
    Hope you get it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hope this is the right section.

I have a Western Union payment coming over from a friend in the U.S.
    But I have no passport or driving license. He says i can pick it up without ID but im not so sure... Do you guys have any idea?

Oh and also can I pick this up at the post office?

Thanks for any info :)

When your friend was sending the money, they could specific a security question, which can (in some countries) be used instead of ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Thought all you needed was the code thY the vendor in the US provides to your friend, to give to you?

Advertisement