Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Spain data sim card

Options
  • 28-05-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi Guys

would it be possible to get a Vodafone Spain data sim card to
    work in an Irish Vodafone dongle and if yes where could I get one. Going to Spain In July for 2 weeks hotel charging 5 euro an hour and roaming on phone is very costly. Any help with this would be very grateful

Jamcar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Vodafone products aren't cross compatible usually. UK Vodafone phones and devices won't work in Ireland, Spanish devices won't work in Italy etc. Unless you et it unlocked and I'm not sure how you would do that with a dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,360 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If you get your dongle unlocked, there should not be an issue. However, when I was in Tenerife earlier in the year, it was impossible to obtain a SIM either from the Vodafone store or from The Phone HOuse type operations. Despite showing them the wonderful offers on the Vodafone website, they each claimed that they were special SIM cards and that they had none of them in stock. I did not buy this for a minute but no amount of talking could convince them to give me one. Hope you have better luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Check to see if your Voda dongle is unlocked, I got one quite a while ago and it was unlocked and I use a 3 sim in it no problem.

You can buy Spanish sims on ebay.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Data Roaming is not too expensive with vodafone at 2 euro for 50mb . As long as ur not downloading movies ! :D

http://www.vodafone.ie/internet-broadband/internet-on-your-mobile/abroad/?ts=1338396795539

Advertisement