Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch - Change Alarm Code

Options
  • 28-05-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a HKC SecureWatch alarm system and am looking to change the main code used for disarming the system.

Could anybody help?

I have the default engineer and user code from the manual. Chances are though the installer would have changed the engineer code.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

donal2000 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a HKC SecureWatch alarm system and am looking to change the main code used for disarming the system.

Could anybody help?

I have the default engineer and user code from the manual. Chances are though the installer would have changed the engineer code.

Thanks in advance.

If the user management is not set up or you do not have the engineer code you would need to default the panel and set it back up again.
    Is the user management set up, by this when you put in your code does it bring you into a separate menu or set the alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

altor wrote: »
    If the user management is not set up or you do not have the engineer code you would need to default the panel and set it back up again.
    Is the user management set up, by this when you put in your code does it bring you into a separate menu or set the alarm?

Hi altor,

Thanks for coming back to me.

When I put in my code it sets the alarm.

Hi altor,

Thanks for coming back to me.

When I put in my code it sets the alarm.

Hi donal2000,

The manager menu is not set up. You would need to default the system if you don't have an engineer code. If you do decide to do this. On the keypad enter 0#3, this is a user walk test that enables you to test the zones. Go around and test each sensor to determine the zone name and write then down. It saves a lot of hassle if the system is not engineer locked and does default.
    You will get all the help you need here to set it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

altor wrote: »
    Hi donal2000,

The manager menu is not set up. You would need to default the system if you don't have an engineer code. If you do decide to do this. On the keypad enter 0#3, this is a user walk test that enables you to test the zones. Go around and test each sensor to determine the zone name and write then down. It saves a lot of hassle if the system is not engineer locked and does default.
    You will get all the help you need here to set it back up.

Thanks altor :)

Thanks altor :)

Your welcome, any other problems let us know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

I have this system too. I would like to set the alarm for downstairs before I go to bed each night. Full set when leaving the house is 0#4 but does anybody know what the code is to partial set for all of downstairs?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

0#7 is part set A
    0#8 is part set B
    It may be that these have been set up with just a PiR off. You would need engineer access to reconfigure the zones you want off in each setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

You are spot on sir, part set A it is for downstairs. Thank you so much.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. Glad it worked out without any reprogramming.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pointelle

How did you get the user manual and engineer codes in the first place? Need to change the alarm code on hkc securewatch (IS 199 1987) or( IAS 128) I know it's possible!!!!
    If anyone can help me out, Thank You!

• Advertisement

pointelle wrote: »
    How did you get the user manual and engineer codes in the first place? Need to change the alarm code on hkc securewatch (IS 199 1987) or( IAS 128) I know it's possible!!!!
    If anyone can help me out, Thank You!

Here is the link for the user manual off the HKC system.
    If there is a manager menu set up the you should be able to change the code.
    The way to know this is if you put the user code you have in and it arms it has not being set up.
    Only alternative is to default the system and set it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ileno

Hi,

I have an HKC SW1070, and I need to change the user code. There was no engineering code inside the main panel, and when I input the user code it arms straight away, so I dont seem to be able to get into the menu options. From reading through here it sounds like I need to Default the panel and reprogram it, but how difficult is it to do that? I would be relatively competant with electronics and general programming.

Cheers

Your user code has not been set up correctly with the right privileges. Have you tried the default engineer code 04567.
    Is this a recent install? If so get your installer back to programme your alarm correctly.

Hi Kookid,
    No, I will try that code tonight and see. The alarm is around 12-18 months old, but we have just bought the place so I dont know who the installer was and there are no company stickers or numbers on it.
    Cheers

Is the bellbox blank aswell?
    Sounds like you/they might have got stung by an unlicensed installer. That would explain the poor programing. Have you any contact with the previous owners to get a contact and ask for the invoice. There should be a warranty covering a couple of years on that system.
    If it's engineer locked you will need to get an installer out to reset and reprogramme the system for you.

The default code worked there for me, so I got the usercode changed. Thanks for the info.

The bell box is blank. I'd say the original owner got a mate to install it.
    Is there a possibility that he has a remote control key fob that could still be valid? If so how could I investigate or delete that option?

Ileno wrote: »
    The default code worked there for me, so I got the usercode changed. Thanks for the info.

The bell box is blank. I'd say the original owner got a mate to install it.
    Is there a possibility that he has a remote control key fob that could still be valid? If so how could I investigate or delete that option?

If you go into the device menu, RF devices, remove devices, keyfob.
    Just remove them if they are enrolled.

Ileno wrote: »
    Glad you got away lightly with this. The amount of HKC systems I come across with no user rights set up & no contact details is terrible.

Thanks Altor, I will try that tonight.

Koolkid, Thanks for the help you saved me a bit of cash on a callout there. Ye I was worried the default Eng code would have been changed aswell. The HKC must be known for easy install and setup, if there are alot of self/cowboy installs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Off topic posts removed, thread locked. A shame all round.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement