Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Charging Samsung from USB Mains Charger.

Options
  • 28-05-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. I can charge it from its own mains charger as supplied by Samsung or from a USB port on a desktop, or a MAC, or a laptop, or a satellite STB.
    I bought a universal USB mains charger, but the phone won't charge from it. I am using the same lead which works on the PC/laptop. (This is a USB A to micro B as supplied with the phone). The charger is rated at 1000mA output. (The Samsung draws only 700mA so there should be no problem there). The charger is OK because it charges my iPod.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Universal charger is "dumb" and isnt communicating with the phone, usually this means a standard 500mA output, but I would assume the phone doesnt accept fixed supplies.

Get a proper charger, they're only about a tenner online.

Advertisement