Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a business name

Options
  • 28-05-2012 4:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

...can anyone do it?

Like do you have to be registered as self employed, a limited company, neither??

I don't see anything on the CRO site against it, but figured it's best to check anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

Hanley wrote: »
    ...can anyone do it?

Like do you have to be registered as self employed, a limited company, neither??

I don't see anything on the CRO site against it, but figured it's best to check anyway.

RBN1 to register a business name, costs about 20euro. I don't think it's a stipulation you should be registered as self employed, would be unusual not to be though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

MBateson wrote: »
    RBN1 to register a business name, costs about 20euro. I don't think it's a stipulation you should be registered as self employed, would be unusual not to be though.

I registered my business name when I was employed with someone else, wasn't registered as self employed until months after I registered the name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Acoshla wrote: »
    I registered my business name when I was employed with someone else, wasn't registered as self employed until months after I registered the name.

That's the answer I was looking for. Thank you kindly!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

Just to note, registering a business name doesn't give protection against duplication of the name (in case that's why you're registering early).

Advertisement