Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC propaganda stunt on Syria massacre backfires.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

BBC is a big organisation, mistakes are bound to happen, the only thing is, almost everything the BBC does ends up in the public domain, whereas mistakes in other workplaces, hardly anyone ever hears about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

tigger123 wrote: »
    OK, so if the media are controlling everything, how do we account for social media and it's role in these conflicts? The raw footage that's taken and instantly uploaded to places like you tube? Stuff like this ...

NSFW ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwOYTXv-ngM - if someone could embed this for me I'd be grateful, I don't know how.

There's a whole host of "amateur" footage in the links on the right, although it's not for the faint hearted. Are all these people actors?

And all the footage from Libya? And from the Arab Spring? The protests n such?

They control everything they show and tell you, yes. I never mentioned stuff uploaded to YouTube etc. And I'm not claiming that no atrocities are/were taking place in any of the countries you mentioned.

This thread is about the BBC, and how they mislead the public by either showing fake footage deliberately or mistakenly showing incorrect footage and failing to acknowledge that mistake. My point was that in either case it has the same effect of the perceptions of those viewing it. Trust is eroded in both scenarios.

Did you watch the video I posted earlier in the thread?

Look at how it says 'Live From Tripoli' in the top left corner.. I fail to see how that could be a genuine mistake, live links like that are usually verified by crews on the ground, and it'd be almost impossible for them to even mistake a live link with archived prerecorded footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The media are reporting unverified reports as fact when they shouldnt, there are plenty of unedited versions of the free syrian armies exploits that have not made it into the media. All I know is what I see but its not coming from the bbc. There is atm no proof either way as to whats going on in Syria bar a lot of innocent people are being killed in the crossfire.

Borderfox wrote: »
    If it was from a mobile phone then it must be true. And the free syrian army wouldnt have massacred a load of people and filmed it for their own purposes. Hmmm

They could have, but do you have any

1) Proof they would?
    2) Proof that Assad didn't?
    3) Explanations of why locals blame Assad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Apart from what's being fed to us by the media, what proof for anything could any of us possibly have?

How about first hand accounts from Syrian friends who've just come back from Syria ?

Or is that just me ?
    Or would you rather believe your own pet conspiracy theory ?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mallei

Standard. That's exactly what happened in the run up to Iraq 2. Watched a very interesting documentary on how the corporate media is little more than a tool of those pulling the levers behind the scenes.

Was the documentary on Youtube, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

so are the three of you claiming the massacre didn't take place and that the whole thing about 10,000 civilians killed by the Syrian authorities is just the west creating propaganda in the run up to an invasion?

Tbh I'm not really following the Syrian thing very closely so I don't know enough to comment.

I just know enough to be sceptical of the media and especially the US corporate media which was about as effective as Soviet era Pravda when it came to reporting the truth in the run up to the invasion of Iraq (2).

Fwiw I think the BBC probably just made a stupid mistake in this case and I would rate the BBC as one of the more trustworthy news services (albeit from a British perspective).
    Mallei wrote: »

http://metanoia-films.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I do believe it could well be a false flag.
    You love the 'false flag' fantasy. Like all internet conspiracists nothing is ever as it seems. For some reason you find it hard to believe a vicious despotic regime is incapable of slaughtering men, women and children. Therefore it must be the Americans/British/Israelis who are obviously behind everything so they can start a war in Syria after doing so well with those wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous and juvenile. I know After Hours is anything goes but there is a conspiracy forum where you can go and make something from nothing.

You do know that most of us think you people are actually a bit of joke. A not very funny joke though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Yes I do believe that this is a part of a well organised Zionist propaganda machine with a far greater agenda ahead of it.
    Yeah, but you also believe that Barack Obama is the actual anti-Christ, so your beliefs are a bit...off the wall and unreliable... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Mallei wrote: »

Check out Operation Mocking Bird - it will save you having to watch hours of documentary.

Congressional hearings in 1976 proved CIA had been paying off editors and reporters in most mainstream media outlets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Redjeep! wrote: »
    How about first hand accounts from Syrian friends who've just come back from Syria ?

Or is that just me ?
    Or would you rather believe your own pet conspiracy theory ?

What about them. Did I mention them once in my posts. No, you jumped in without even bothering to read my next reply, with a stupidly lazy mention of 'conspiracy theory'.. well, you win this debate.

My own 'pet conspiracy theory'?.. Show me one other thread where I have ever even mentioned a media conspiracy or gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Yeah, but you also believe that Barack Obama is the actual anti-Christ, so your beliefs are a bit...off the wall and unreliable... :)

The topic title made the identity of the poster clear.... False Flaggery would inevitably crop up and maybe with a mention of the olympics.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Never underestimate the power of the CIA to be behind the scenes bribing people to overthrow regimes that are opposed to their interests.

Great book all about it.
    http://www.stephenkinzer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:overthrow&catid=36:books&Itemid=56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Americans/British/Israelis who are obviously behind everything so they can start a war in Syria after doing so well with those wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, the the UN is kind of screwed:P They go in, ahhh it's all about the oil again, and if they don't go in, ahh lads they'll only go in for oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Never underestimate the power of the CIA to be behind the scenes bribing people to overthrow regimes that are opposed to their interests.

Great book all about it.
    http://www.stephenkinzer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:overthrow&catid=36:books&Itemid=56

Oh ffs.. Anti American lunacy has jumped the shark.. The CIA had nothing to do with the Arab spring, and it is not in their interests that Syria fall. the moral imbecility of defending mass killing dictators from the comfort of the anonymous Internet in a democracy is stomach churning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

This reminds me of the "horrific" incident during the Iraqi annexing of Kuwait when their soldiers were accused of pulling babies from incubators and watching them die.Oh no, hang on there a minute, that also proved to be more propoganda. It was actually the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to America who gave sworn evidence to the Congressional Human Rights Congress and which later proved to be complete fabrication. All became clear then as to why she would only give her first name during evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I have no intentions of derailing this thread on that subject.

What I do say is that the Syrian Government is a current stumbling block in Obama’s agenda for Global governance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

What I do say is that the Syrian Government is a current stumbling block in Obama’s agenda for Global governance.
    Ah well I'm sure the whole number of the beast in barcodes thing is going well for "them".....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Speaking of the BBC making mistakes, looks they are getting the master chief in on the Job!!:D

BBC uses the Halo UNSC (United nations space command) image instead to the United nations security council.

Adyx wrote: »
    Ah well I'm sure the whole number of the beast in barcodes thing is going well for "them".....

He is working on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not like the BBC ever makes mistakes. It's not like they, oh... I don't know... mixed up the logo for the UN with a logo from Halo

Mistakes happen. Deal with it.
    Oh man, that put a smile on my face; thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I think the key word in that article is 'accidentally'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

You'll forgive me if I don't pay the slightest heed to an Iranian "news" website. Or to someone who hasn't the slightest clue as to how barcodes work for that matter. You really don't do yourself any favours you know.

Adyx wrote: »
    You'll forgive me if I don't pay the slightest heed to an Iranian "news" website. Or to someone who hasn't the slightest clue as to how barcodes work for that matter. You really don't do yourself any favours you know.
    These links explain quite well what this is all about.

What about barcodes and 666: The Mark of the Beast?
    http://israelsmessiah.com/prophecy/end_times/666.htm
    U.S. Military Seeking Implantable Microchips in Soldiers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Would you consider Aljazeera a more reliable source of information on whats going on in Syria then?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/05/2012526111024481681.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Every now again again the mass media is so dishonest it gets caught out. BBC came a cropper only a few hours ago but there’s been no acknowledgement and I suspect BBC staff would like their ‘mistake’ flushed rapidly down the Memory Hole.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9293620/BBC-News-uses-Iraq-photo-to-illustrate-Syrian-massacre.html
    so are the three of you claiming the massacre didn't take place and that the whole thing about 10,000 civilians killed by the Syrian authorities is just the west creating propaganda in the run up to an invasion?

seriously?
    Yes I do believe that this is a part of a well organised Zionist propaganda machine with a far greater agenda ahead of it.
    so who killed 56 people in Syria then? or did it simply not happen?
    There is a number of ways to look at this incident.

1/ It was a genuine atrocity carried out by the Syrian Government.

2/ It was a "false flag" carried out by NATO insurgents with the intention of putting blame on the Syrian Government.

3/ Did it even happen at all, IE staged event.

With big journalist blunders like this in main steam media I would tend to discredit the 1st option.
    tigger123 wrote: »
    So, you don't think this massacre happened at all? I've just seen footage taken on mobile phones on the Channel 4 news ... you really believe this is a lie?
    It was one of the options I suggested but I would be more inclined to go by option two.

I do believe it could well be a false flag.

2,977 innocent lives were murdered on the morning of September 11th 2001 so 66 lives would be nothing to them.
    xflyer wrote: »
    You love the 'false flag' fantasy. Like all internet conspiracists nothing is ever as it seems. For some reason you find it hard to believe a vicious despotic regime is incapable of slaughtering men, women and children. Therefore it must be the Americans/British/Israelis who are obviously behind everything so they can start a war in Syria after doing so well with those wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous and juvenile. I know After Hours is anything goes but there is a conspiracy forum where you can go and make something from nothing.

You do know that most of us think you people are actually a bit of joke. A not very funny joke though.

Run_to_da_hills

You are well acquainted with the Conspiracy Theories Forum.

May I suggest you take a look at the AHs Charter.
    There are a huge amount of forums on boards.ie. Often it can be difficult to locate the one you are looking for. If you need help please ask in newbies and FAQ.
    If you post a thread in After Hours that is more suited to another forum it will either be locked or moved to the correct forum. If you are unsure if a topic is suitable for After Hours please send a private message to any of the moderators.

For example:

and so on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement