Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain Havoc raising money for Susie Long Hospice

Options
  • 28-05-2012 5:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm here chugging again. Ten of us from the cycling forum are crossing the Pyrénées at the end of July. A few of us are doing it for charity including myself. As per previous years I'll be doing it for the Susie Long Hospice Fund. Most of the money I've raised in previous years has come from here and the cycling forum so I'm hoping to get another fantastic response this year.

The challenge we're doing is a 720km very mountainous challenge leaving Hendaye on the Atlantic coast and we need to arrive in Cerbere on the Mediterranean coast within 100 hours of starting. We also have to check in to certain places on the way so there's no cheating. To put it into a local cotext it would be like cycling from Bagenalstown to the mast of Mt. Leinster over and back four times each day for four and a half days (720km with 11,000m of climbing in 100 hours), I'm going to be wrecked at the end.

Please give generously to mycharity page. As per usual I'm paying for the trip myself so all the money donated goes to the hospice fund.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement