Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

coffee addict?

• 28-05-2012 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

how many cups do you drink daily? be it instant,freshly ground,mocha etc etc etc??
    take sugar?
    ever try quit ? i stopped last week,cold turkey cut off... my usual daily amount would be a minimum 4 strong cups,with two sugars in each..except mocha's..no sugar required.

three days of headaches and general unwell feeling followed..kinda shocked me to be honest.

how do you fare?

how many for you daily on average? 178 votes

1-3 cups with sugar
    0% 0 votes
    3-5 cups with sugar
    32% 58 votes
    5+ cups with sugar
    8% 16 votes
    1-3 cups no sugar added
    6% 12 votes
    3-5 cups no sugar added
    32% 58 votes
    5+ cups.. no sugar added
    19% 34 votes

Comments

i used to drink 3-4 cups, no sugar, a day
    stopped 8 weeks ago
    no aftereffects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

At least 5-6 cups of coffee a day, no sugar. Used to drink more when I smoked.
    Don't think I could live without coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i love it still, milk or black.. just amazed the effect it had on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

how about the none option, it's rotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Used to drink 5-6 cups a day with two sugars, quite for a long time and now I drink maybe 3-4 cups a week if even that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Somedays just one or somedays maybe three.
    Never with sugar.

I find I drink more at work, just to give me an excuse to get away from the desk every now and then.

how about the none option, it's rotten

that would be the not voting option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

This poll lacks two options, none and Atari Jaguar. I'd be on none. But certainly get plenty of caffeine per day.

You just can't bate a nice cup of tae.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭crfcaio

I drink coffee and milk, pure coffee is just terrible.

Two to four a day, I guess, so it'd be 1 to 1 and a half glasses of coffee.

• Advertisement

:confused:hmm is poll title misleading??

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

There's nothing like a nice cup of tea with a nice cup of tea.

Rarely drink coffee now, used to be 5 cups a day, started to get a really sore tummy any time I went near the stuff. Went off it for about five years, now I can drink it once a week or so but not more often, or my stomach hurts. Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Used to drink 8-10 mugs a day and if out a few double espresso's with a meal. Now just drink two mugs a day, one for breakfast, one for lunch. Always black no sugar, don't see any difference though in reduction. When I worked as a chef in busy restaurant we used to be high from double espresso's throughout the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Cup of coffee and a fag has been my breakfast everyday for a long time now. Breakfast of champions :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Total coffee snob here, won't touch cheap blends. It wasn't too long ago when you could only get instant coffee served in pubs also McDonalds use to let their coffee stew on a hob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Love a good strong coffee with no milk or sugar.

Would have about 2-3 cups a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

1 cappucino a day, 2/3 cups of tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Total coffee snob here, won't touch cheap blends. It wasn't too long ago when you could only get instant coffee served in pubs also McDonalds use to let their coffee stew on a hob.

Nothing worse than when you go to someone's house and they get out the Kenco or Nescafe gold blend. Horrible stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Like a nice Dunkachino me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭osullic

I used to only have quality blends from the gaggia but now I'm a nespresso convert,its just so convenient..Depending on my work schedule I could have anything from 4-6 espressos a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Wow, never saw that film. For the first 50 seconds, I actually thought that was a real ad... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Anything from 5 to 10 mugs a day. Black, no sugar and really strong. Maybe this is why I have trouble sleeping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I never like coffee. It smells lovely, the taste never really got me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

seanbmc wrote: »
    Nothing worse than when you go to someone's house and they get out the Kenco or Nescafe gold blend. Horrible stuff.
    Or worse again when the same people pull out a box of some extra "value blend" tea. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I never like coffee. It smells lovely, the taste never really got me though.
    There are a lot of different tasting coffees. I never liked the stuff until I went backpacking and tried proper coffee.

I have one cup of coffee in the morning. If I'm travelling any long distances I'll have a cup for sipping on during the journey.

was convinced it was the reason i wasnt sleeping well, so i wouldnt have any after 6pm,or tea..but that didnt work,so stopped altogether.

sleeping much better and when im tired i fall asleep easily,which wasnt the case before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

No coffee, just sugar sugar sugar, tea, chocolate, tins of pop, jellies, anything with sugar, hmm sugar, I like sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I drink

3 to 5 cups a day with a spoon of demerara sugar...

I don't drink coke, fanta 7 up, or any other kinda of sweets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

ScumLord wrote: »
    There are a lot of different tasting coffees. I never liked the stuff until I went backpacking and tried proper coffee.

I have one cup of coffee in the morning. If I'm travelling any long distances I'll have a cup for sipping on during the journey.

Yeah, I tried all different sorts. A mate of mine who is big into his coffee was given me all kinds of random stuff to try. This is the same chap who tried to get me to like beer (I just don't like it), once again trying all different kinds of beers.

Just never clicked with me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

None.
    Can't stand the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I have started drinking coffee more lately but don't want to get in the habit of it. Hate the thought of needing it to get up in the morning, rather not have that crutch :P

Have at least one cup of tea a day though :) but I can easily go without

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i like a coffee first thing in the morning and again when i get to work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Having a cup right now, it's my third today. Love coffee, was a barrista years ago before anyone knew what a cappocino was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

1 coffee, 2 coffees, three...

Top up with whiskey....

Soon drunk...

More coffee, topped up with more whiskey, and more...

Soon drunker...

Running around screaming and crying in the middle of the day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

2 cups a day, with 1 spoon of sugar. Have 1 in mornin before work, and then one during morning just for a break away from desk. Canteen is 5 floors down, so can easily kill 10/15 mins getting that 2nd coffee!

Had a week off there a while ago and didn't drink coffee once during that..so not one of those that needs a fix of it. Its just habit, work = coffee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Cups :confused: I drink 5+ Mugs of black coffee a day (no sugar) and the Franch Press I use is supposed to make 3 cups. In that case 3 cups equals one mug so I must drink over 15 cups of coffee a day...........

........... and sleep like a log :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Sometimes I have none, sometimes 3.
    Depends how I feel.
    It's weird - coffee effects me in the opposite way if effects others - it relaxes me - makes me feel almost stoned for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I have 20 cups a day with no sugar. Sugar is for amateurs.

Coffee has ruined my life. I lost my job, my home, even my wife due to my addiction to coffee. I now roam the streets in search of my next fix. I'm in the internet cafe now, but really I'm just in it for the free cup of coffee. I owe 70,000 Euro to various coffee dealers throughout Ireland. I know I need to stop, but I can't. Everyday my mind is plagued with thoughts of drinking coffee. One low point in my life was when I robbed a house and stole all there coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

10 cups of tea a day and 4 cups of coffee. That is a lot of caffeine. I have gone cold turkey for the past 5 days though. Going to quit for a month, just to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Shelga

eSpresso. S S S S S. NOT X.

ESpresso.

Mother of god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Sugar!?! Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

2 black double espressos and 3 cigarettes before I leave the house every day, after that maybe 4 more cups of brewed with milk. I quit for 10 days last month when I was doing a detox and got severe headaches and fatigue for the first two days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's possible to have fun without coffee. What is it about Irish people and coffee. I went all weekend without coffee and you could have guided in a plane to Dublin airport with the efulgence of my halo this morning.

Etc

Etc

Etc.

Zzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Usually just a large mug, either in the morning or if Im rising late then after I eat lunch. There's nothing like it to kick start the day.
    Its not a crutch at all. Im terrible most mornings. Coffee takes the irritable/horrifying edge off of regaining consciousness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Travel mug in the morning, and smallish flask. So probably about 3 - 5 cups.

Black and no sugar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

3 or 4 cups a day in work. I never drink it at home since I don't have a coffee maker and instant tastes so watery to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

What a terrible poll.

I drink 0 cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

I drink 3-5 a day. Freshly ground coffee in the morning, black no sugar. Only instant available in work unfortunately so I often make trips to The coffee shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I have coffee every day, but a maximum of two cups. Fecking love the stuff though - couldn't give it up, especially my morning cuppa.
    I also have one or two cups of tea most days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement