Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

coffee addict?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

10 cups of tea a day and 4 cups of coffee. That is a lot of caffeine. I have gone cold turkey for the past 5 days though. Going to quit for a month, just to see what happens.

why do i picture ya hitting the ban button like crazy by the end of the month ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

3 or 4 mugs a day since I was 16. I like both ground and instant (are you supposed to admit that? :P), usually instant for when I'm feeling too lazy to clean out the cafethiere... I don't feel super-alert after drinking it - sometimes I even feel tired after a large mug! I have noticed that if I don't have a coffee in the morning, I find it harder to focus in early lectures or in the library.

I don't think I'm addicted though, I just really like the taste of coffee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I thought I liked coffee til I got a coffee press. Sumatran Java.. oh dear lord, so so good. Strength 5 so is actually addictive but gives me such a buzz that I only drink it on Fri & sat or else I can't sleep and am knackered for work. Can't drink instant anymore - it's piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I go through phases of having coffee regularly, 2+ cups a day, everyday - to none at all for weeks or months. Never notice any withdrawal symptoms, occasionally get the jitters if I drink way too much.

Probably don't drink a lot because I'm quite picky, instant is just rubbish, percolator - meh. Proper espresso coffee maker is ideal or a moka pot works well too as a second choice.

Tea? Well that's just mank.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

2 large cups every morning, 5 spoons of coffee and 3 sugar

Clears out my bowels more than once in the morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

At least 12 cups per day. Makes it hard to get asleep though. Sometimes it takes me 20 seconds to drop off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Never counted but defo over 5 big mugs - lots of milk but no sugar. Can't abide tea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I work as a barista,
    In the morning I have a latte with two shots of espresso, about 11am
    I have another with one shot and just after lunch I have another single shot latte, we do the best coffee in our city so on my rare days off I drive to work for my coffee,
    I can't have coffee anywhere else because I see what they are doing wrong and just wanna go behind the counter and make the coffee myself.

I never thought I would be a what I would regard as a 'coffee snob' until I learned about my current job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

An utterly fascinating response, I know. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 dpqt

barone wrote: »
    how many cups do you drink daily? be it instant,freshly ground,mocha etc etc etc??
    take sugar?
    ever try quit ? i stopped last week,cold turkey cut off... my usual daily amount would be a minimum 4 strong cups,with two sugars in each..except mocha's..no sugar required.

three days of headaches and general unwell feeling followed..kinda shocked me to be honest.

how do you fare?

About 5 cups of strong black coffee a day, none of that fancy mocha or latte stuff for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i have a cup every morning, i don't use sugar tho. i could sometimes drink about 5 cups throughout the day, but that would be pushing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

why do i picture ya hitting the ban button like crazy by the end of the month ;)

It better not coincide with a Dublin match, then you'll probably be right :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Around 3-5 milk and sugar. It the reason that I'm up at this time. I can't go back to bed too bright and the birds are too loud. It looks like I'll be drink coffee today. I'm not as bad as my uncle. He'll have one for breakfast and after breakfast will go to his local and have another one before work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I start every day with a 4-shot americano, followed up by more coffee at lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I have two a day on average, but feel very guilty about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

One in the morning as 5am is a criminal time to be waking up and one in the afternoon to get me through to the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Typically three to five sugarless cups/mugs, plus one of tea. That will as often as not work out at six teas/coffees of some description on a workday; probably slightly fewer at weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Never thought I'd like it it but the coffee with ice and condensed milk you get in Vietnam is lovely. I'd go every morning for a glass.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Haven't drank coffee in over 2 years, Just drink herbal teas now,Suppose to be better for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Used to drink eight a day, black, no sugar, Very strong. Down to two with milk now. Was getting palpitations & mild delusional effects...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I never have coffee, but I'm absolutely mad for coffee cake, can't get enough of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Usually one 12oz or 16oz cup a day with no sugar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

1 coffee extra shot of espresso and no sugar only in the morning.. sugar in coffee is muck.. so is milk in any form.. it just spoils a good coffee .. and it's not the coffee that'll be causing your headaches its the withdrawal from the sugar ;) drink more water..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭runsalot

jd007 wrote: »
    Cup of coffee and a fag has been my breakfast everyday for a long time now. Breakfast of champions :pac:

This reminds me of my grandfathers saying about a bank clerks breakfast
    " drag of a woodbine and a piss".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Where's the zero option :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Two cups of tea, minimum. Coffee is for pussies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

4-5 cups on average. Sometimes a lot less, sometimes a lot more. No sugar, nor milk except when I make a latte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

does it affect yourselves ? as in can you feel the mild rush/relief when you think you need a cup and then have one?

is it a mental thing or a physical one do you think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Drink and coffee are very much linked. Coffee goes hand in hand with a bottle of whiskey and a day spent on and off the coffee and the drink.

• Advertisement
Advertisement