Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction Reason

Options
  • 28-05-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was not sure where to put this so decided on help desk. I got an infraction from Watty in 2008, up until recently the moderator note/reason beside it was "Being Naughty" now however it says "Taking Money" and I want to know why this is considering that was not the case at all

I have tried to PM Watty and I know they are no longer a mod but they are set up to no longer receive pm's

I would appreciate any help on this matter as I damn sure do not want this beside my username. This is the post that was infracted

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've tagged this for admin attention rather than interfere myself. I suspect it may need to go site development eventually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Spear wrote: »
    I've tagged this for admin attention rather than interfere myself. I suspect it may need to go site development eventually though.

Hi Spear, thanks for the reply. I am curious as to why it would be a development issue when it appears to be an editable mod note more so than anything else? Out of curiosity can you see when it was changed and by whom?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

GAAman wrote: »
    Hi Spear, thanks for the reply. I am curious as to why it would be a development issue when it appears to be an editable mod note more so than anything else? Out of curiosity can you see when it was changed and by whom?

It appears to be showing the wrong field. What's currently showing was the admin note (added by Watty) which was the first two words of the larger PM note which referred to the taking money out of someone's pocket part of the post in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

the admin note is "taking money" which I think references the content of the note sent to you at the time of the infraction.

I'll ask the devs if there's any way to change it or just remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

the server elves have edited teh DB to make the change. (so its not something done lightly).

admin note changed from:

"taking money" - which you werent

to

"advocating illegal activity" - which you were at the time (those boxes are used to take advatnage of a cryptographic failing in the TV company's service encryption and gain access to their service without proper authorisation or subscription).

better than it looking like you were taking bribes or scamming imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Ha well that isn't much better but it might help my rep if I ever go to prison (forum)

I actually was not advocating it as I said at the time I never had a dodgy box myself I was just tired of people complaining about them when they as legally paying customers did not have to worry about the box just stopping working when the encryption was changed. Because I was in bad form I didn't explain that well at all.

Anyway thanks to you both (As well as the devs) this can be locked now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement