Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reducing the amount of time between fixtures?

Options
  • 28-05-2012 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

I've never really been able to sit down with any of the FM games that I have and play them for hours on end like a lot of people seem to be able to do. In fact, the last CM/FM game I've put any considerable amount of time at all into is CM 03/04, and even now I still enjoy playing it from time to time.

Of the 3 FM games I have (06, 08 and 12), it just seems to me that each game is more drawn out between matches than the previous one. Obviously that's just my opinion, I can see how a lot of you might prefer that, it's just not for me.

I enjoy the basics like tactics, transfer wars, training and so on, and I think interaction with other managers is really fun. But having to wait until all the results of the Blue Square Premier League and such like have run across the screen is a bit tedious. Is there a way to reduce the amount of time the game spends between matches? Because I'd say I'd really enjoy the game more if it wasn't for that. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Changing the detail level will reduce the amount of results it gives you. But it takes as long as it takes to simply process the game. The games happen anyway, you just wont be told about them. If you really wanted to, you could just holiday until the day before a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Changing the detail level will reduce the amount of results it gives you. But it takes as long as it takes to simply process the game. The games happen anyway, you just wont be told about them. If you really wanted to, you could just holiday until the day before a match.
    :eek:

This kind of defeats the purpose no? I like to play the game not just set tactics just before a game and watch the game.
    Stuff like scouting, contract renewals, planning signings/sales for next window etc is what the game is about moreso than just the matches.

If you dont set things like coaching and formations then you will just lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

I reduced the detail level a little bit and that sped things along nicely. Looking back, I suppose the main reason I didn't play it as much as I did was because I got the game at Christmas, and with exams and all that approaching back then, I didn't want to devote too much time to it. I've started playing it properly since I started this thread, and to be honest, I can't see why I didn't take to it quicker a few months ago. I love it now! :P

I think I also got a bit annoyed when I was only given a transfer budget of €21 million at Man Utd instead of the massive war chest I was used to getting at the start of CM 03/04 which I could use to overhaul the entire squad back then, but this time I've learned to accept that as one of the things that will take a bit more time to do.

Advertisement