Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Road Markings

Options
  • 28-05-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed strange road markings appearing around the Dalkey, Sandycove and south Dun Laoghaire areas among others. They consist of arrows accompanied by two letters, either OW or MB. There are other road markings along the entire length of Glenageary Road Lower. Would anyone be able to tell me what these mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

genreally when there filming they put soem obscure signs, I have no idea why. maybe it goes back to before gps times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

So it's nothing to do with upcoming road works or anything?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

MB^ etc,

Mick Byrne Memorial Cycle. Started and ended in Cuala GAA Club, Dalkey yesterday morning.

http://sorrentocyclingclub.com/docs/2012races/MBposter12.pdf

Charity cycle around the Wicklow Hills over 100k., 160k. and 200k. The road markings were all over the route to direct cyclists. They'll wear away in no time.

Did the 200 kilometer cycle myself in 9+hours. ;)

OW.
    The OW was Orwell Wheelers event earlier this month, again a charity cycle, starting from Benildus School in Stillorgan. 140K. Did that aswell.

Advertisement