Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barretts night club mountbellew

Options
  • 28-05-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

is this place still open.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

still open, but only on Saturday nights. now called the gratton club

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Keephercountry

It is indeed only sat nights though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

what is people views on the place

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭barbs84

its a dive

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

I live in mountbellew and would never go there, its a **** hole, same people every weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

it is only for the very young, the very very old, and very often scum from where ever they hail.
    Would only advise stepping inside if you are absolutely positive you will not remember it in the morning.
    On the other hand, the Pub part or the Malt House can be decent enough, often has live music at the weekend.

Are the staff friendly. Whats the manager like.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Bar and waiting staff are very nice, not sure who is behind the scenes in the kitchen but i have never heard anything bad about them and the food they produce is top quality.
    Manager is sound too, same guy that has taken over the cellar in Galway.
    Not too sure what the door staff are like for the club part, can only imagine they must be tough enough to deal with some of the crowd that head in that side.

Bar and waiting staff are very nice, not sure who is behind the scenes in the kitchen but i have never heard anything bad about them and the food they produce is top quality.
    Manager is sound too, same guy that has taken over the cellar in Galway.Not too sure what the door staff are like for the club part, can only imagine they must be tough enough to deal with some of the crowd that head in that side.

Is it that martin lad that runs the malt house the new manager of the cellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

<SNIP> aka Cena

You know the club is still open you live 7 miles down the road.
    You used to work there you know who the staff and management are!
    This is not the first post asking about this topic-what is it you are trying to gain from the information ?

• Advertisement

you must have me mixed up with someone else.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mod Note

Folks, can we keep away from the personal stuff please?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Closing this thread.

I suggest if anyone wants to see what the place is like, go for a look and make up your own mind about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement