Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is there no physical release for Strange Journey in the EU?

It is on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Xenji wrote: »
    It is on Amazon.
    Weird, their offical site had no links to EU stuff but had EU dates so got confused.
    Do you think it'll be well stocked? I'm going away for the weekend so didn't want to order it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I'd be surprised if it was well stocked since its being distributed by koch. All the Atlus 3DS games they've published so far have been low print runs as far as I can tell. Though I feel like 7th Dragon might have gotten a second printing since I was able to pick up a copy cheap a good while after release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Dd4pKiUU8AI2lkI.jpg

Valkyria 4 Collectors edition comning west, glad to see SEGA putting their full effort behind it this time

megaten wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if it was well stocked since its being distributed by koch. All the Atlus 3DS games they've published so far have been low print runs as far as I can tell. Though I feel like 7th Dragon might have gotten a second printing since I was able to pick up a copy cheap a good while after release.
    Actually got a copy on Monday after I got home phew, was worried though.
    It was £30 I think

I got Strange Journey Redux, it went on it's own strange journey, kept getting delay messages from Amazon but it finally came today
    DemTjWaXUAEzRVi?format=jpg

Code Vein is coming out on the 28th of September, Dragon Quest 11 is out on the 4th so it should be a good month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Code Vein is coming out on the 28th of September, Dragon Quest 11 is out on the 4th so it should be a good month.

Liking the look of Code Vein. Everyone was expecting it to be a DS style game, looks more like Dragons Dogma to me which isn't a bad thing.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Dragons Dogma, Capcom extended the elusive Deep Down trademark again last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Speaking of Dragons Dogma, Capcom extended the elusive Deep Down trademark again last week.

Too bad its Deep Down Capcom's priority list :pac:

*gets coat*

It looks like Tales Of Vesperia is going to get a remaster for its 10th anniversary, probably my favorite entry in the series.

It looks like Tales Of Vesperia is going to get a remaster for its 10th anniversary, probably my favorite entry in the series.

Hopefully it comes westward, might be some difficulty seeing as it would be the PS3 version which would require additional translation and voice work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never played it. Came out around the same time as all those 360 RPGs that were in retrospect bad.

Is it really worth a play?

I've played and finished Symphonia and really enjoyed it but I feel like now I've pretty much played every game in the series if you know what it mean?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Never played it. Came out around the same time as all those 360 RPGs that were in retrospect bad.

I've played and finished Symphonia and really enjoyed it but I feel like now I've pretty much played every game in the series if you know what it mean?

Its worth a go, I enjoyed it, you can trust me and Xenji, we know our Jrpg's :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

If you can deal with the usual tales problems its probably worth trying? It still has all the usual tales problems.

I know what you mean about playing one and playing them all, but Vesperia hands down has the best story, cast of characters and soundtrack of all the games, there is a deepness to the game that others have struggled to match before or since.

Had to borrow a friends 360 to play it, so looking forward hopefully to a western release on the PS4 or PC.

Vesperia is about on par with Xillia and Berseria, if you didnt feel the need to play those, you wont feel the need to play this

I like Xillia best because every Tales plot is a false dilemma
    Vesperia = law or freedom
    Xillia = kill people to save other people
    Berseria = Logic vs emotion

but Xillia is the only one where the protagonist actually goes "hey this is stupid, lets try and find a way that works for everyone."

• 16 hours into LOTR: The Third Age on Gamecube....guilty pleasures :D

• Advertisement

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight are both coming out early next year on PS4 and Vita.

Tales of Vesperia just confirmed for Xbox One, includes the PS3 content.

Tales of Vesperia just confirmed for Xbox One, includes the PS3 content.

Wonder will it come to PC.

Wonder will it come to PC.

Should be on PS4 anyway, it's not an exclusive.

Valkyria Chronicles 4, Yakuza 0 & Kiwami all announced for PC on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/790820/Valkyria_Chronicles_4/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nice rundown of the 8 characters.

Also new demo coming later in the week, looks like it has the first chapter of all 8 stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gunmonkey wrote:
    Also new demo coming later in the week, looks like it has the first chapter of all 8 stories.

Really? Fantastic if true

• Advertisement

Seems the Switch port of Ys VIII still has translation issues.

https://twitter.com/infernal_monkey/status/1009000155436052480?s=19

Advertisement