Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone picking up the remastered Vesperia or Trails of Cold Steel this month?

I'm getting vesperia, didn't realize cold steel was remastered, you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just PS4 releases of 1 + 2. Think they are just resolution bumps. Get PS4 owners up to speed on the series for 3 + 4 which.... please make it to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm saving to go to Japan later this year. Already getting the KH3:DE and RE2 which is pretty much my entire discretionary budget for the month. Will be picking them up at a later time.

Cold Steel 2 is out in March as well btw.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just PS4 releases of 1 + 2. Think they are just resolution bumps. Get PS4 owners up to speed on the series for 3 + 4 which.... please make it to the west.

The PS4 versions have all the dlc and most of the enhancements from the PC version. They also support cross save from the PS3/PSV versions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The PS4 versions have all the dlc and most of the enhancements from the PC version. They also support cross save from the PS3/PSV versions.

Separate trophy lists from the ps3 and vita versions do you know?

• Advertisement

Separate trophy lists from the ps3 and vita versions do you know?

If they include cross saves it will be the same list afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

How's the new dragon quest? Sitting here looking at it on steam

Am playing it, first time playing a DQ game. Enjoying it. The world is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Played Vesperia years ago on 360 and the changes don't really seem significant enough. Planning on getting the PC versions of Cold Steel to cheat my way trough the Free Time stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How's the new dragon quest? Sitting here looking at it on steam

Finished it off over Christmas, I think I put around 75 hours into it, it is in my top 3 of the series now along with 6 and 8.

Anyone here played Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk on switch? is it a very hardcore dungeon crawler?

• Advertisement

Anyone here played Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk on switch? is it a very hardcore dungeon crawler?

No but their is a demo which has a save that can carry over to the main game.
    I intend to play it once I've beaten Xenoblade 2 and Persona Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was and still am tempted to get Dragon Quest on sale for PS4 but the prospect of it coming to the Switch has me holding off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Was and still am tempted to get Dragon Quest on sale for PS4 but the prospect of it coming to the Switch has me holding off.

Interesting. I was also considering getting it while it's on sale. Is there talk of it coming to the switch?

Notorious wrote: »
    Interesting. I was also considering getting it while it's on sale. Is there talk of it coming to the switch?

It is confirmed to be released on the Switch.

Anyone picking up the remastered Vesperia or Trails of Cold Steel this month?

Vesperia is 10 euro dearer on switch store compared to other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anyone play Valkyria Chronicles 4? Am 4 chapters in and they've been 4 dull missions. I'm gathering it gets better? I loved the original and liked 2 despite its limited nature on the psp.

Announce trailer for Cold Steel 3. More details from the PAX twitch channel tomorrow at 5pm.

Just like with the other new Falcom games this is now being handled by NISA instead of Marvellous/Xseed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It seems like since Tom left XSeed the Falcom connection is now gone.

I just hope to god that NISA don't **** up the translation like they did for Ys VIII. This is a much more complex translation with a lot more dialogue.

It seems like since Tom left XSeed the Falcom connection is now gone.

I don't think he actually had much to do with the Kiseki localisations. Most of the team are freelance at this stage so its perfectly possible for NISA to hire the same people who worked on previous games.

I'd say this puts the final nail in the coffin for any official crossbell release though. Not much incentive to bring them over unless you also have the licence to future games. Can't see NISA doing them unless they got remakes.

megaten wrote: »
    I don't think he actually had much to do with the Kiseki localisations. Most of the team are freelance at this stage so its perfectly possible for NISA to hire the same people who worked on previous games.

I'd say this puts the final nail in the coffin for any official crossbell release though. Not much incentive to bring them over unless you also have the licence to future games. Can't see NISA doing them unless they got remakes.

I'd say they've hired the translators for consistency. They can expect low sales otherwise after the mess they made of Ys VIII.

• Advertisement

He didn't have much to do with the localisations but he was involved with licensing and managed to convince management to localize his dream projects. He was banging on about lots of games like Zwei and Xanadu Next and it was all him that got those games an English release.

Just wish he didn't piss his time away on Sengan Kagura and focused on crossbell.

But yeah, looks like we will never see the crossbell games. Pity as I heard that story arc is exceptionally good.

Just wish he didn't piss his time away on Sengan Kagura and focused on crossbell.

Hate those games!

NISA have announced they are working with a lot of people that worked on localising the previous trails of cokd steel games so hopefully we get as high a quality and consistent translation.

NISA have announced they are working with a lot of people that worked on localising the previous trails of cokd steel games so hopefully we get as high a quality and consistent translation.

We'll know later on but judging by a resetera thread it would be best not to put too much stock in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

judging by a resetera thread

Isnt something any sane person whould ever do.

Hatsuu is working on it. Disgaeamad is working on it. Disappointed to hear
    Varion isnt working on it but things went better than expected.

They could only ever afford to do trails to begin with because of the money they made from SK, Trails FC on PSP was fabulously unprofitable and they had to put more money into translating SC with years of delays before they could ever even dream of turning a profit on it.

Finished Xenoblade 2. Enjoyed it despite only fully grasping the battle system maybe 40 hours in. Rex the leads voice and the poor audio mixing really let down the cutscenes and don't help with how hammy it is to begin with. Found myself checking my phone during every cutscene.

Kingdom Hearts 3 review pouring in. Apparently there's a shortage of review codes for Europe which is strange...

Getting good reviews but I'm not sold. Sounds like the story is still Twilight level and it's basically mash X to win.

Playing FF8 on the PC. Modded it up to look a lot better.

And... not enjoying it that much. The drawing system is awful and the game is just slow. Doesn't help that the cast are a bunch of absolute fannies.

Playing FF8 on the PC. Modded it up to look a lot better.

And... not enjoying it that much. The drawing system is awful and the game is just slow. Doesn't help that the cast are a bunch of absolute fannies.

Yeah, FF 8 is one of my least liked FF games. Up there with 12 and 15.

• Advertisement

I didn't like FF12 until I played the Zodiac Spear version and loved it.

FF8 is just too slow with drawing. You are either playing it wrong and using GF summons and having a horrible time or breaking the game drawing 100 of every spell which slows the game down. I remember having fun with it on a playthrough years ago when I finally understood the game but at the moment disc one is very slow. Maybe it gets better once I have the game fully broken and I'm steamrolling it.

Advertisement