Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ys isn't much like xenoblade. Combat is way more action orientated. And it's super fast. And just super super fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ys isn't much like xenoblade. Combat is way more action orientated. And it's super fast. And just super super fun.

Looks a lot faster than Xeno alright. Just seen it's down to 19.99 on PS4 at the moment, was looking at it for Switch but it's twice the price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

skerry wrote: »
    Looks a lot faster than Xeno alright. Just seen it's down to 19.99 on PS4 at the moment, was looking at it for Switch but it's twice the price.

Have you played tokyo xanadu by any chance? if not keep an eye for that on sale as well on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

The 3DS sale will last until next friday right? I get paid before then, and I'm really tempted by both Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 and Rodea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

_Godot_ wrote: »
    The 3DS sale will last until next friday right? I get paid before then, and I'm really tempted by both Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 and Rodea.

Avoid Rodea, it is a terrible game, if Radiant Historia is on sale I would go for that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ahhhh FFS! I bought Legend of Legacy thinking that it was actually Alliance Alive - the game they made after Legacy. Only wanted it because Murayama from Suikoden was involved in the writing. Damned alliteration.

Have you played tokyo xanadu by any chance? if not keep an eye for that on sale as well on ps4.

Hadn't heard of it, checked it out on PS Store there, looks interesting. Will keep it on the radar for sale.

Gonna pick up YS VIII on PS4, supposed to be better quality and not having it portable doesn't bother me (also half the price of Switch version). Switch version includes DLC but don't think there's anything substantial in it.

Between that, Xenoblade and having a decent bit of Persona 5 to finish I'll have loads to keep me going.

Thanks for the advice folks, I'll be lurking this thread for JRPG advice from now on :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

skerry wrote: »
    Hadn't heard of it, checked it out on PS Store there, looks interesting. Will keep it on the radar for sale.

Gonna pick up YS VIII on PS4, supposed to be better quality and not having it portable doesn't bother me (also half the price of Switch version). Switch version includes DLC but don't think there's anything substantial in it.

Between that, Xenoblade and having a decent bit of Persona 5 to finish I'll have loads to keep me going.

Thanks for the advice folks, I'll be lurking this thread for JRPG advice from now on :)

Keep an eye on the price for dragon 11 as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Keep an eye on the price for dragon 11 as well ;)

It's €30 on clearance in Smyths atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I can't see it in the site, just in store?

• Advertisement

A steal at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I can't see it in the site, just in store?

In store. Clearance games are usually removed from the webstore. There were a couple of copies in Carrickmines earlier in the week when I picked up KH3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

_Godot_ wrote: »

Next thursday I would assume? I don't actually know if nintendo sales go live the same day they put out the PR of whats on sale.

Ended up buying Disgaea 5. Enjoyed the demo so took a punt on it. Only feeling my way around it but starting to get used to the combat a bit and just having good craic lobbing towers of allies around the map and pulling off crazy combo moves.

Demo progress doesn't carry over to main game so I've played through first world twice now but with the DLC characters unlocked it's a lot quicker to clear levels. Not exactly challenging yet and have loads of other DLC extras but not sure whether to use them or not as it might make things too easy.

Definitely a lot to take in between upgrading weapons, subclasses, innocents, item worlds etc etc. Not gonna worry too much about all of that though and just pick up what I can as I work through campaign.

Any interest in god eater 3?

Well Xenji? :pac:

Well Xenji? :pac:

Oh I will pick it up, no idea when I will get around to playng it though, have not even touched RE:2 or AC:7 yet.

Xenji wrote: »
    Oh I will pick it up, no idea when I will get around to playng it though, have not even touched RE:2 or AC:7 yet.

What are playing atm so xenji?

Death Mark and Travis Strikes Back.

Is death Mark a visual novel?

How's Death Mark? I was interested in that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And is Travis Strikes Back as bad as people say?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A few games reduced on eshop for 3ds legend of legacy and Stella Glow wondering if either a worth a go. Rodea The Sky Soldier has been on my to get list for ages seems silly not to grab that at least. Other two are €20+ each I think so might go for one or the other.

Yup Death Mark is a visual novel, as horror games go it is up in the higher echelon, it has a great atmosphere, unsettling story and interesting visuals, its a shame that it has really been overlooked, but it is coming to the Switch next month and I would of went that way with it if it had not been delayed nearly 5 months.

As for Travis Strikes back, it is a bad game but it is one of those bad games that is still enjoyable, knows its limitations and it does not overstay its welcome, it reminds me more of stripped down version of Killer7.

A few games reduced on eshop for 3ds legend of legacy and Stella Glow wondering if either a worth a go. Rodea The Sky Soldier has been on my to get list for ages seems silly not to grab that at least. Other two are €20+ each I think so might go for one or the other.

Rodea is a pile of pish.

Get the WiiU version. It's a port of the god awful 3DS version but comes with the original Wii version is worth playing.

Yup Death Mark is a visual novel, as horror games go it is up in the higher echelon, it has a great atmosphere, unsettling story and interesting visuals, its a shame that it has really been overlooked, but it is coming to the Switch next month and I would of went that way with it if it had not been delayed nearly 5 months.

As for Travis Strikes back, it is a bad game but it is one of those bad games that is still enjoyable, knows its limitations and it does not overstay its welcome, it reminds me more of stripped down version of Killer7.
    I only have 3 games for Switch so I'd definitely go for that because I really liked what I read, is it like 999 kinda then?
    Is it physical? I dread buying on eshop knowing I could have had physical and then forget to look.

I still love Killer7, maybe I might like it? I haven't even played NMHs yet. Atm I'm replaying Chibi Robo after finishing Katamari Reroll, because what backlog? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So I bought 1.5 and 2.5 kingdom hearts will I understand whats happening?

I only have 3 games for Switch so I'd definitely go for that because I really liked what I read, is it like 999 kinda then?
    Is it physical? I dread buying on eshop knowing I could have had physical and then forget to look.

I still love Killer7, maybe I might like it? I haven't even played NMHs yet. Atm I'm replaying Chibi Robo after finishing Katamari Reroll, because what backlog? Lol

I have seen a physical version on Amazon, I would say it is more like a mix between Danganronpa and Detention.

If you play both of those then you won't.

You need to play the side stories as well.

And once you've done that you'll realise you've wasted your life on something so horrible and lose the will to live.

Bought Ys Memories of Celceta from a friend, do I need to play something begore or...
    I have seen a physical version on Amazon, I would say it is more like a mix between Danganronpa and Detention.
    Never played Detention is it good?

• Advertisement

You could watch this afterwards, explains everything upto KH3, waiting on my friend who's a KH to say how good it is, someone explained the plot to him.in 7 hours and he summarised down to 30 mins

Advertisement