Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Namco have gone from the worst publisher for bringing their games to the west to one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking forward to Tales of Hearts, it is meant to have one of the strongest stories of the Tales series as well, I remember when it came out on the DS people saying it took between 50-70 hours to complete. We will be spoiled this year with Tales of Xillia 2 meant to be coming out over here as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Completely forgot about tox 2,demon gaze is out next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've been playing a lot of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (over 34 hours so far). I'm really liking it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (over 34 hours so far). I'm really liking it.

I loved it myself. Just make sure you learn to abuse the **** out of status buffs and debuffs. There's some really nasty bosses towards the end. Everyone gets stuck on ouroboros. You really have to abuse the system to get past both fights with him.

Been playing Atelier Rorona myself and I'm finding it very relaxing. No world to save just your workshop. Rorona is great as well, bit of a dopey misfortune with a heart of gold.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No collectors up on vgp yet,normal edition Is though,also pre ordered mind zero from vgp and I'm still waiting for conception to come from them and have demon gaze coming from amazon next week along with child of light and fairy fencer f lol .

No collectors up on vgp yet,normal edition Is though,also pre ordered mind zero from vgp and I'm still waiting for conception to come from them and have demon gaze coming from amazon next week along with child of light and fairy fencer f lol .

Still waiting as well, should be here Thursday/Friday, still on the fence about Mind Zero but have Demon Gaze ordered, not sure about Fairy Fancier it would probably end up in the pile of unopened games . I find the collectors editions are the cheapest on Amazon.de and they tend to turn up more often as well.

Ahhhh I'll keep an eye on there so for collectors edition.

• Advertisement

Well I'm thoroughly enjoying Atelier Rorona. You can tell it hasn't much budget but there's just so much care and love that has gone into this game, it really shows. It's just such a relaxing game to play and he characters are all great and relatable. It's very down to earth with no melodrama, it's quite refreshing in a way. It's not perfect, I keep seeing ways that the game can be streamlined but my friend tells me they improve greatly on it in the sequels. It's also one of those games with a very brisk combat system with no loading times, even the synthesis is relatively painless.

[IMG][/img]20140425_103754_zpsfperaz5_edit_1398419909624_zpskcoa277w.jpg

:)

Mine arrived as well, now just waiting for work to finish.

Vgp will definitely get my business again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

How long did it take from dispatch to arrival? Haven't ordered off them in a while

2 weeks exactly.

Conception is a very interesting game so far....

Conception is a very interesting game so far....

It is like a dating sim with very boring battles so far, it is quite quirky and has its charm but was hoping to a bit better, still enjoying it though.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is like a dating sim with very boring battles so far, it is quite quirky and has its charm but was hoping to a bit better, still enjoying it though.

Aye,you dont wanna piss off any of the gals :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

megaten wrote: »

I'd say it's just a Psn release as opposed to a new game. Both games were great, got stuck on a part in dark chronicle for ages though and never went back.

Dungeons in conception are getting tedious, theirs not a large variety of monsters either.

Dungeons are in conception are getting tedious, theirs not a large variety of monsters either.

I am losing interest in the game, really think Demon Gaze is gonna end up the same way, the ridiculous difficulty level and bland dungeons do nothing to hold my attention.

Anyone play shining force or grandia 3 and grandia xtreme on the ps2?

The shining games after the awesome Megadrive and Saturn games are a load of balls.

I've not played Grandia 3 but heard it's good even if the story and writing are dreadful.

Grandia Xtreme is a weird game. It's more a grandia dungeon crawler than anything. It's all about the combat system than story. Thankfully the Grandia combat system is one of the best ever but it can be exhausting to play. I never did finish it. Also the voice editing is woeful, they cut in long pauses after every line which sounds terrible. If you have Mark Hamill leading up your cast it should not sound bad!

Was hoping they might be on the American store but there not :(

Here's a good overview of what went wrong with final fantasy and where the series now stands.

FF 15 has been in development for 8 years? ****

• Advertisement

Well since it was announced, could have been in development even longer. It's why there's been no KH3 since that dev team is working on ff15. It's pretty much in duke nukes forever territory now.

Advertisement