Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Shin Megami Tensei V getting stellar reviews across the board. Can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah. Have it ordered. IGNs review was really bad, even though it got 8/10, the reviewer basically complained for the entire review that it isn't Persona 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

aha high five fellow mecha fans. i am enjoying SRW30 (graphics is real improvement this time i thought) but i am taking it slow, maybe like a few stages a week ha. Gundam Victory theme BGM is so good this time around but I think alot of popular mechs are missing in this (EVA, other gundams etc, and my favourite Full metal panic also...).

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Really regret having to sell the Wii version of Xenoblade Chronicles to pay bills, so I recently bought the 3DS version as cex was selling it for 20. I don't have a Switch for that version. Put about 5 and a half hours into it, and still enjoying it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems SMTV preorders in the states are being delayed a week. Seems to be across the board. Could be that they didn't anticipate demand but could well be a production issue holding up cartridges.

Not sure if it's the same in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Can't pre order in Smyths for some reason either. Dont think its anything to do with this issue but weird its listed but can't pre order. Gamestop seem only option but I'm reluctant after waiting a week after release for Metroid

Well looks like no one is getting SMT V from GameStop tomorrow, they've delisted it.

Smyths have updated the site to list it for home delivery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My preorder has dispatched from Amazon today

Nice. A few of these popped up on Nintendo UK Store last night but were snapped up immediately. Might just order standard from Smyths. Was hoping Argos would do the €47 price on these like they've done on other releases but they don't even seem to have it listed.

• Advertisement

SMT V out of stock in Smyths now. Should have ordered yesterday. What the hell is going on with this release. Seems like they printed about 10 copies of the game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think they didn't factor in the Persona popularity factor and the fact that switch owners are ravenous for new games.

I also wonder if Smyths got many copies in. Was delivery only, no instore option. Dont think they got Nocturne HD in either on release. Ordered a copy from Amazon there anyway as there doesn't seem to be any option to get it in Ireland right now. I'm sure it'll be back in shops here but I don't want to chance it it being an Atlus release and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I ordered mine within an hour of it being listed, was gonna cancel it lately but glad I didn't now. Seems like what's happening is the same as what happened Persona 5, was months finding another copy. I hope they restock soon for anyone that missed it.

Simply Games still has copies if that's any good

Well GameStop pulled through and I got my preorder. Doesn't look like they are getting any more copies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Is there any Playstation 4 available to buy new at the moment, can't see it available online,alternatively a x box seems unavailable also.am I right in thinking this? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Might try and hold off on SMTV until it get a PC release from how people are talking about performance.

Just finished NEO: TWEWY last week and I still want to play a little more of the psot game stuff. Though it seems like a bug might prevent me from completing some of it?

Finished Bravely Default II the other day and thought it a big pile of meh. Very interesting and enjoyable battle system set in a pleasant if barren world but the story was so, so half-baked, dull and unimaginative.

Of course I'm spoiled after completing all nine of the Legend of Heroes games so BD II was always going to struggle in the world building/storytelling stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Any ps4 recs for someone who has played Persona 5 in the last years, adored DQXI to the extent that he platinumed it and then got to the middle of Trails of Cold Steel 2 before getting a bit jaded?

• Advertisement

Yakuza: like a dragon is the best jrpg I've played in years. Takes a little while to get going but it's basically Yakuza craziness mixed with dragon quest.

And it's fine to jump into it cold and not much experience of the rest of the series.

I played one Yakuza game (0) and found the fighting mechanics pretty shallow and insufficient to sustain my interest. I’m not that big into fighting games at the best of times, so replacing it with turn-based combat sounds great.

Anyone picking up Blue Reflection: Second Light? Getting great reviews and seems to be the game the first one should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Wasn't expecting the Blue Reflection sequel to be good in any way but I am tempted. Might go back to the first one and blow through what I have it since it was so easy. It feels like a lot of good JRPG's came out this year though and I've only beaten one of them (NEO:TWEWY).

Received my copy of the Bitmap Book on JRPG’s. God, it’s fantastic. A real treat to flick through, stop on a game I might have vaguely heard of, and read and learn about it.

Worth every penny.

Post edited by Doodah7 on

Picked up Fell Seas Arbiters Mark in the Eshop sale. Played an hour or so and liking it so far. Haven't seen a review of it that hasn't compared it to FF Tactics, which I have never played so cant comment on that, but it seems a decent SRPG so far.

Only about 3 hours into SMT V but really enjoying it so far. Soundtrack is godly as usual and really like the mobility your character has. Haven't got into Fusion or anything yet.

Only just unlocked the ability to fuse so will be fusing the bejaysus out of it now once I get a few more demons in my party

• Advertisement

Advertisement