Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently Square Enix's lawyer squad is in over drive sending C&D's to rom sites for Chrono Trigger/Cross, Parasite Eve and Front Mission content. It's more than likely that it's because of remasters of these games coming. Looks like their recent (and pretty damn amazing) remasters have been selling well so looking forward to more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There are rumours abound that Persona 3 Portable will be the next Atlus game to get ported to PS4, Switch and PC. This comes from the same person that leaked the just announced re-release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

No details on it as of yet other than that it is an "enhanced port". I'd reckon would probably be closer to P3FES with the additional content and gameplay changes from Portable put into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would be nice to have a definitive edition of Persona 3. I love Persona 3 portable and the girl protagonist is a really refreshing change (not to mention the absolute banger battle music she has) but it's maddening that the FES content is left out.

Saying that, I recently completed The Answer content of FES and it's really not worth playing...

It's still maddening that Sega and Atlus are doing everything in their power not to port Persona 5 to Switch or PC.

Kuro No Kiseki 2 has been announced. And we are still 2 trails games behind japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Note sure if I'll ever start the Cold Steel games since they come across had having so many faults that I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort but I will still give Azure and Zero a try when they come out officially.

• Advertisement

I heard there was a dip in quality in cold steel but reverie and kuro are meant to be a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Crossbell games are the definite high point of the series and benefit from a tight central location in which the game is played as well as having only the four main protagonists. Trails of Cold Steel's bloated cast and continent crossing storyline both contributed to a ballooning narrative; the nadir being the near two-hour glorified cutscene in ToCS IV about 2/3rds of the way through that game.

I'm looking forward to Reverie for two reasons: a) it will FINALLY close out the Erobonian Empire arc and b) it will continue with the wonderful battle system Falcom used for ToCS III and IV.

I've tried the Japanese demo of Kuro and, possibly because of the language barrier, I wasn't blown away with the new battle system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm hoping and praying for this to be true. I'll buy it again anyway

I saw on Facebook there's a survey up

https://www.facebook.com/60258013338/posts/10158648626843339/

*𝘛𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘬𝘢'𝘴 𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘴*

We want to know what products you're interested in seeing in the future! Take our Atlus Product Poll ✨

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

FF7 PC port is predictably shite it seems. One of the worst ever AAA ports apparently, which is saying something.

Not a chance i'm spending €80 on a broken mess of a game.

• Advertisement

What's wrong with it? Did t expect that from an unreal port...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

FF7R didn’t need a bad PC port to be a broken mess - the designers and writers did a good enough job achieving that already 😉

Digital Foundry absolutely slated it, some of which is discussed here.

I'm only speculating now but I say the issues the game faces are the same anti piracy software that ruined the resi village port.

The 80 euro price on top is just extra cheeky.

Wouldn't surprise me, which makes it even funnier that it's already been cracked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nearly finished cold steel 2 and will more than likely move onto cold steel 3 immediately after, I must say I'm really enjoying the 2nd game and loved cold steel 1, despite some of the severe cringe bits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

80 hours later I'm finished, really liked it.

Really loved how you got to play as Lloyd and rixia from Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on September 22nd. Looking forward to that.

Finally got around to starting 13 Sentinels. About 6 hours in and loving it so far. Writing is great and art style is lovely. Not sure what to make of the battles so far but it doesn't seem to be the focus.

Plenty of other jrpg Goodness announced on the direct.

Front mission I'll take even though it's had loads of remakes but front mission 2 is special as it's never been in English and the only release on ps1 is ruined with load times.

Live a live is a fascinating and fun rpg that I beat last year. Great to see it get a chance to reach a wider audience.

Ad Chrono cross. A gorgeous game with a stunning soundtrack which I never got on with. Hopefully the remaster changes my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well after buying (and never playing) this for the PS4 (which I dont even have hooked to the TV anymore), maybe a better chance with the Switch version.

• Advertisement

It's perfectly suited to handheld play.

I played it last year and adored it. I hate most visual novels but sentinels was really special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing through it at the moment and really enjoying it. Would have definitely held out if I knew there was a Switch release in the works. Only issue I have with the game is that you often have to do something that's not really obvious to progress the story. Got stuck several times not knowing what thought to access or where to be standing when you access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Currently enjoying Octopath Traveler at present. The music is absolutely fantastic and probably one of the best soundtracks I’ve come across in a videogame.

Has kinda spoilers but excellent piece of work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If something like that’s shown up in last week’s Nintendo Direct I’d still be screaming. Absolute smasher of a tribute.

I'm still hopeful with the last direct, I never thought we'd get a 2nd Deadly Premonition and that happened

This tribute had me in tears it is stunning

There's a Soul Hackers site opening in a few hours. Could be a remaster of Soul Hackers but could well be a new sequel.

No switch release is weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nor on Xbox One according to the list of platforms.

Advertisement