Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Did collecting those glowings orbs unlock anything other than a few 'plates' to stand on?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Did collecting those glowings orbs unlock anything other than a few 'plates' to stand on?
    if you collect 500 you can reach a secret weapon or two in the final area I hear

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Those worried about the soundtrack needn't be. Yoko Shimomura is the composer and she is an absolute legend in the world of videogame music ( everything from street fighter 2, parasite eve to kingdom hearts ).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would love to get the collectors edition of ff xv, will keep an eye ouy for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Would love to get the collectors edition of ff xv, will keep an eye ouy for it

Its sold out, only the Day One and the Deluxe editions are currently available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its sold out, only the Day One and the Deluxe editions are currently available.

Holy crap that was fast, i shouldnt be surprised really i guess.

Holy crap that was fast, i shouldnt be surprised really i guess.

I was, its 270 fecking Euro, half the value of which is a crappy "exclusive variant" Play Arts Kai figure of Noctis. As I mentioned before PAK figures are getting ridiculously expensive for what you get, they are nowhere near the quality of Hot Toys, 3A/3Zero or Medicoms Real Action Hero figures yet are comanding prices that are nearly as high.

You are better off buying the Day One or the Deluxe and getting the Aniplex Bluray release of the Brotherhood anime/Brotherhood & Kingsglaive box set than the CE.

Btw most I've ever paid for a game is €200, which was for Steel Battalion with the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin is coming out in Japan in Spring, hopefully it is not a mobile game.

Xenji wrote: »
    Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin is coming out in Japan in Spring, hopefully it is not a mobile game.

It's pretty much going to be a mobile game, just hope that it leads up to an actual game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

85 Achievements for FFIX!

Some very tricky ones in there like getting Vivi to win the Festival of the hunt and getting the Excaliber II sword (which I've never managed to do)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't there a bug in the PAL version that made Excalibur near to impossible to get?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wasn't there a bug in the PAL version that made Excalibur near to impossible to get?

Might be? Hope so actually because when I tried I was still over an hour off!

So yeah, Valkyrie Anomatia is a phone game

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/valkyrie-anatomia-smartphones-first-trailer

again, hopefully this leads up to a future Valkyrie Profile 3

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final is now SMT4 Apocalypse and has a confirmed US release of this summer. I'm betting Persona 5 is delayed as well.

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final is now SMT4 Apocalypse and has a confirmed US release of this summer. I'm betting Persona 5 is delayed as well.

Why do you think that?

Why do you think that?

A few sites were reporting today it might be delayed due to FF 15 September release.

Why do you think that?
    A few sites were reporting today it might be delayed due to FF 15 September release.

Well my reasoning was the late announcement of SMT 4 Final being localised and it's going to conflict with Persona 5. I'm guessing they were holding off localising it until after P5 but since it got (potentially) delayed they have pushed it forward into the P5 release slot. It doesn't make sense to release two SMT games to compete with each other.

I'm disappointed if it has been delayed but it looks very likely now. I was hoping it would come before FF15 and gain the popularity it deserves. Still if it means we get a better game I'm all for it.

Its didnt have an official release date though?

Its didnt have an official release date though?

Most sources were pointing towards a summer release.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

FFIX PAL version runs at 25fps, but the internal clock is 30fps/60Hz still.

Meaning PAL players had to get it in <10hrs (nearly impossible).

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in RAYGIGANT or Stranger of Sword City?

I quite enoyed both Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, so will be keeping an eye out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I'm interested in both but I'm still playing EOIV and Demon Gaze. They seem to be getting a pc release down the road so I might wait for that since I won't have time to play them soon anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://imgur.com/a/XMCIf

Wow, Fire Emblem Fates' localisation sounds atrocious.

Played some FFIX on Steam.
    The port is weird - all the playable characters are using decent 3D assets, but all the 2D backgrounds look like they are used as-is from PS1.
    Not even upscaled properly.

It kinda looks horrible & jarring, I'm of a mind to get a refund :(

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/XMCIf

Wow, Fire Emblem Fates' localisation sounds atrocious.

Played some FFIX on Steam.
    The port is weird - all the playable characters are using decent 3D assets, but all the 2D backgrounds look like they are used as-is from PS1.
    Not even upscaled properly.

It kinda looks horrible & jarring, I'm of a mind to get a refund :(

The localisation is pretty bad, but infairness it is a series not known for great writing in the first place, Awakening and Radiant Dawn had issues as well.

The localisation is pretty bad, but infairness it is a series not known for great writing in the first place, Awakening and Radiant Dawn had issues as well.

Indeed, the localisation seems to be as bad as the notorious Duwang manga translation of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable(which they mistranslated as Diamond is not Crash)

Indeed, the localisation seems to be as bad as the notorious Duwang manga translation of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable(which they mistranslated as Diamond is not Crash)

Ah "What A Beautiful Dunwang" that translation was, they took Engrish to a whole new level with that one.

I think it's more localisation than translation in this case. In a way it's a good localisation since the stuff it is changing wouldn't fly in the West with a lot of people. However people have gotten used to games being translated near literally with stuff like the Persona series and XSeed's output that it's expected now. However it's Nintendo and they are marketing to a much bigger and not niche audience so will be trying to not offend as many people as possible.

Although Awakening was a fantastic game it's gone way to tropey anime for me when it comes to the writing. I prefer the semi serious tone of the old games, not quite Tactics Ogre but also not everything wrong about modern anime distilled into one game.

I think it's more localisation than translation in this case. In a way it's a good localisation since the stuff it is changing wouldn't fly in the West with a lot of people. However people have gotten used to games being translated near literally with stuff like the Persona series and XSeed's output that it's expected now. However it's Nintendo and they are marketing to a much bigger and not niche audience so will be trying to not offend as many people as possible.

Although Awakening was a fantastic game it's gone way to tropey anime for me when it comes to the writing. I prefer the semi serious tone of the old games, not quite Tactics Ogre but also not everything wrong about modern anime distilled into one game.

I think changing Effie from a polite and ladylike woman who is also incredible strong into a muscle obsessed ladette jock speaks very poorly of the audience nintendo is catering to. As much as I'm annoyed by some of those anime tropes (see my rants about Valkyria 2) I think that's a vastly worse stereotype.

but in better localisation news, the english asian release of Super Robot Wars: The Moon Dwellers actually looks really good now. Previously it seemed engrishy but I pretty much felt like it was better than nothing, but now it looks to be a pretty quality job.

• Advertisement

Square Enix producing more FFXV Ultimate Collector's Editions

While I'm pretty sure now I won't be buying it, I'm really happy they've decided to do this after discovering the amount that went to ebay Touts. Would be a beautiful day if everyone who actually wanted one could order from Square Enix and the Ebay touts end up with multiple, unsellable copies :D

Advertisement