Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/persona-5-website-launches-countdown-may-5

There's a countdown on the persona 5 site that ends may 5th, hopefully a release date announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Finally beat Persona 3 after 5 years of playing it on and off. I had gotten a little tired of it since I played it over such a long stretch but the final month was pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Aksys is bringing Exist Archive west on the PS4 and Vita on October 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

NISA will no longer be publishing Atlus games in europe

hope you werent looking forward to plaiying Apocalypse before 2020

Sieghardt wrote: »
    NISA will no longer be publishing Atlus games in europe

hope you werent looking forward to plaiying Apocalypse before 2020

Terrible news. I have some issues with NISA's publishing efforts in Europe but at least they could be relied to bring out games eventually.

Looks like were back to wishing on a star for every single game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm hoping with Sega being the new owner that things improve.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm hoping with Sega being the new owner that things improve.

It does not look that way, there is currently a campaign going on where people are sending pictures of money to Sega Europe to get EU releases of localised games, Sega said they are working on it in a Tweet, but they said the same months ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are they looking for games that came to the US and not Europe or Japanese only releases, because if it hasn't come to the US I doubt it's coming to Europe?

Just glad I have my US 3DS.

Are they looking for games that came to the US and not Europe or Japanese only releases, because if it hasn't come to the US I doubt it's coming to Europe?

Just glad I have my US 3DS.

Yeah, mainly the Sega 3D Classic Collection, a Hatsune Miko game and a 7th Dragon sequel.

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah, mainly the Sega 3D Classic Collection, a Hatsune Miko game and a 7th Dragon sequel.

Hmm, that's not good. Sega were historically much better to Europe than the US, times must have changed.

• Advertisement

Hmm, that's not good. Sega were historically much better to Europe than the US, times must have changed.

I think it has a lot to do with Sega Europe basically being a PC publisher. They probably don't have much physical publishing capacity beyond Sonic titles and pc boxes for continental europe.

Back in their console publishing days they were better to Europe in a few ways. We got a good few exclusives the americans didn't, they brought in PAL 60 Hz and even properly optimised a few games while sony and nitendo were putting out 50 Hz muck. Shame now to see them go backwards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stranger of sword city is one tough game.

Persona 5 is coming out on the 15th of September in Japan.

The new Persona 5 trailer looks amazing. I'm trying very hard not to get too excited.

Probably being delayed in the West so it doesn't get left behind by FF15

megaten wrote: »
    The new Persona 5 trailer looks amazing. I'm trying very hard not to get too excited.

Playstation only I assume?

Playstation only I assume?

Just the PS3 and PS4.

Edge Of Eternity met it's kickstarter goal x4.

They were only looking for $44,000 :confused:

http://www.eoegame.com

Edge Of Eternity met it's kickstarter goal x4.

They were only looking for $44,000 :confused:

http://www.eoegame.com

It will be interesting to see how it turns out, paying homage is one thing but blatantly ripping off FF is another, the main character looks identical to Noel Kriess with longer hair, but they do have Yasunori Mitsuda working with them, played the apha and it was very underwhelming.

It has issues on the Xbox One according to its CEO, more down to Unity which is causing issues across the board, will only be 720p on the X1 and 1080p on the PS4.

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to see how it turns out, paying homage is one thing but blatantly ripping off FF is another, the main character looks identical to Noel Kriess with longer hair, but they do have Yasunori Mitsuda working with them, played the apha and it was very underwhelming.

It has issues on the Xbox One according to its CEO, more down to Unity which is causing issues across the board, will only be 720p on the X1 and 1080p on the PS4.

Well they aim to release in December I think so that's time to fix technical issues I guess, but not much can be done about the other issues I think. How was the battle/encounter system ?

Well they aim to release in December I think so that's time to fix technical issues I guess, but not much can be done about the other issues I think. How was the battle/encounter system ?

The battle system is what really ruined it, it's just far too slow, repetitive and boring, it was like playing Grandia if you sucked every bit of soul and uniqueness out of its system and I love Grandia.

I am more interested in Shiness, another French made Kickstarter RPG which is due out later this year, I backed the game as well.

The battle system is what really ruined it, it's just far too slow, repetitive and boring, it was like playing Grandia if you sucked every bit of soul and uniqueness out of its system and I love Grandia.

I am more interested in Shiness, another French made Kickstarter RPG which is due out later this year, I backed the game as well.

I was about to grumble about how good Shiness was looking but that I wouldn't get to play it but a site I use for Xbox had an item from today confirming it's coming to Xbox too :)

I was about to grumble about how good Shiness was looking but that I wouldn't get to play it but a site I use for Xbox had an item from today confirming it's coming to Xbox too :)

Glad to see more people will get to play it, have very high hopes for it.

Square Enix's smartphone revenue for the first time has surpassed its traditional revenue ( not counting MMO's ), they took in nearly $631 million compared to $537 million.

Well to be fair to Square Enix other than some slip ups like FF ATB have produced some really great mobile content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I've never played a JRPG. What would you recommend for the PS4?

In terms of JRPGs there's nothing I'd recommend on it. It has FFX/X-2 but FFX isn't great.

Valkyria Chronicles is out soon on PS4 and it's a stone cold classic but more strategy game than JRPG. Save your money for Persona 5 whenever that gets released.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I've never played a JRPG. What would you recommend for the PS4?

Tales Of Zestiria, some of the best ones are coming out in the next few months, you could try Disgaea 5 or Dragon Quest Heroes as well if you want a tactics game.

• Advertisement

Tales of Zestiria is kind of generic and I find Disgaea is a love it or hate it series so hard to recommend. Some good stuff is incoming though. FF15 is shaping up to be a fine game.

Advertisement