Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did atelier sophie get good reviews? Im play escha and logy on vita atm and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Did atelier sophie get good reviews? Im play escha and logy on vita atm and its great.

It reviewed well and was well received in Japan, like nearly all the games in the series, it had the highest first week sales of the series in recent times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

NISA still have 10% of their stock available for the CE if you are interested. Costs about €100 plus shipping, would adive using Parcel Motel as their shipping is expensive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's such a shame nearly all mainstream game sites flat out ignore Atelier. For me they are one of the best RPG series at the moment.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's such a shame nearly all mainstream game sites flat out ignore Atelier. For me they are one of the best RPG series at the moment.

I have always found the games more of an experience, they are great to unwind and relax with, never got how most reviewers always found them boring and bland, when they get excited over games vastly more derivative and unengaging.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah they are light hearted feel good romps but I also feel they are quite well written with some exceptional female leads. They also don't outstay their welcome coming in at 20-30 hours with minimum padding to waste the players time. Also the focus on item fusion is rather unique. Rather than being an ignored system in the game it's totally the focus of the game and usually carried out in a very intuitive and non intimidating way.

Yet Ni No Kuni gets praised as the saviour of the genre and covered by every publication. Now there is a game that defines boring and bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I'm even more annoyed that sites ignored Nights of Azure and doubly so for every moron who complained that "Yoru no nai kuni" wasnt a Ni No Kuni game

I pretty much gave up on Atelier and Game journos when they described Mana Khemia as a lighthearted fluffy high school slice of life game that never develops into a serious story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

A couple of older NISA published ATLUS titles have gotten permanent discounts on the e-shop. Etrian Odyssey IV and untold are a tenner each and Soul Hackers and Persona Q have also been discounted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Guys Tales of Vesperia worth my time ? On sale for peanuts on xbox this week. Am I right in thinking it's not turn based? Combat looks odd when I was checking videos of it there, I mean you hit an counter like a typical jrpg and you go to a battlefield but the character seems to have free movement and attacks and the party seem pre set up or have roles assigned to them?

• Advertisement

Guys Tales of Vesperia worth my time ? On sale for peanuts on xbox this week. Am I right in thinking it's not turn based? Combat looks odd when I was checking videos of it there, I mean you hit an counter like a typical jrpg and you go to a battlefield but the character seems to have free movement and attacks and the party seem pre set up or have roles assigned to them?

Yes I loved it, you control you main character and the rest are A.I controlled.

Tales plays more like a scrolling best em up than a JRPG. Definitely not turn based.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Trailer for Ys 8

looks pretty great to me, I hope they work on the vita localisation and have it ready to release the Ps4 version quickly to the west

Too bad we wont see it and toukiden 2 till next year.

Tabata being very frank here about FF15 and how the series is viewed by fans and developers at SE.

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-disease-infected-square-enix-says-ffxv-1778147458

I really think the game is in very good hands and Tabata has a knack for rescuing disaster projects at SE.

Can anyone tell me the difference between god eater 2, god eater resurrection and god eater burst?

Gods Eater Burst is an update to the first game with new content.

Resurrection is a remake of the first game with gameplay refinements from Gods Eater 2 Rage burst.

Gods Eater 2 is the sequel and that also has an update in Rage Burst which is the version that's coming to the west.

So with 2 (Rage burst) and Ressurection you are pretty much getting the definitive editions of the series.

Didn't realise they were coming to Windows. I heard they were great MH style games.

Thanks RG, there coming out end of augest. So your basically just getter god eater 1 and 2 bundled together ?

Thanks RG, there coming out end of augest. So your basically just getter god eater 1 and 2 bundled together ?

God Eater 2: Rage Burst is what you want.

Gods Eater Burst is an update to the first game with new content.

Resurrection is a remake of the first game with gameplay refinements from Gods Eater 2 Rage burst.

Gods Eater 2 is the sequel and that also has an update in Rage Burst which is the version that's coming to the west.

So with 2 (Rage burst) and Ressurection you are pretty much getting the definitive editions of the series.

Didn't realise they were coming to Windows. I heard they were great MH style games.

God Eater is a good bit different to MH, yes they both have the same premise, but God Eater has an actual story to it and fun characters, story missions, faster gameplay and a cool customisation system.

While it is still a great game it has less monster variations, most are palette swaps and it is not as difficult or rewarding as Monster Hunter, plus a lot more grinding and a really poor crafting system.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    God Eater 2: Rage Burst is what you want.

Thats what were getting over here ? with GE RES.

Seems both are being released separately.

Being me I'll be getting both and starting with Ressurrection... when I get through some backlog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Tabata being very frank here about FF15 and how the series is viewed by fans and developers at SE.

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-disease-infected-square-enix-says-ffxv-1778147458

I really think the game is in very good hands and Tabata has a knack for rescuing disaster projects at SE.

I imagine he can crack the whip well :D

Probably the most needed statement around final fantasy in years though, and I totally agree with him.

Got my fire emblem fates SE today.

Never want to go through that bull**** again to get my hands on a game.

Mine is not due to arrive till next week, I have Star Ocean, Grand Kingdom and Odin Sphere to get as well next month.

Surprised it took that long. Mine arrived on Thursday.

Surprised it took that long. Mine arrived on Thursday.

I was away all last week as was the flatmate. Found it left in the porch. Thankfully I live in a very rural area of the country at the moment!

I was away all last week as was the flatmate. Found it left in the porch. Thankfully I live in a very rural area of the country at the moment!

Thats pretty precarious. Glad to see it was still there upon your return.

• Advertisement

My copy of odin sphere shipped from vgp yesterday, should have it tomorrow hopefully.

Advertisement