Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Final Fantasy 12 HD (called zodiac age since it includes the zodiac edition features) is real and is coming in 2017 to PS4 at the moment (put money on a Pc port).

Can't wait for this. Hated FF12 but always wanted to give it another go since I felt I was playing it wrong by rushing through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RIP my back catalog completion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I actually really enjoyed FF12, 10 may have had a better story, but 12 was a better game overall, the best FF game since 9 for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great news :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought FF12 story started good but got awful at the end. It's like you can see the point where matsuno left and they rushed everything. A giant airship appearing out of no where and characters telling you about amazing battles while you are out looking for macguffins rather than taking part.

Still I tried to rush through the game since I didn't have a lot of time and ended up hating it. The battle system didn't seem to work for mobs but worked great for bosses even if gambits were utterly useless then and most just slapped you with a stupid amount of status effects.

After playing the xenoblade games I realise I should have been taking my time, running around exploring the world and doing sidequests rather than rushing to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Super Robot Wars V was announced for PS4 and Vita and it too will have an english asian release. I think this is the first time ever one of the anime crossover SRW games has been officially translated

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/super-robot-wars-v-announced-ps4-ps-vita

I'm more excited for moon dwellers myself but man am I ever loving the trend of english asian localizations on PS4

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Super Robot Wars V was announced for PS4 and Vita and it too will have an english asian release. I think this is the first time ever one of the anime crossover SRW games has been officially translated

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/super-robot-wars-v-announced-ps4-ps-vita

I'm more excited for moon dwellers myself but man am I ever loving the trend of english asian localizations on PS4

I actually will get that, I remember playing translated versions of the series for the SNES, I love how it is being called Super Robot Wars V as there is over 50 games in the series and Super Robot Wars IV came out over 20 years ago.

Persona 5 release date is set for 17 February 2017 in the US. Not seen a EU release but sure it's a region free console.

Pity we have to wait for long but SMT4 Final will tide me over and I should be done with FF15 by then :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/07/persona-5-will-take-your-heart-on-valentines-day-2017/

full details + the collectors edition

Very disappointed in the release date, thought it'd at least be out for christmas, Atlus completely dropped the ball here but oh well, what can ya do? preordering that LE asap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Plenty of time to finish Persona 4 Golden then. Started playing it got to the point I was in the PS2 version fairly quickly. It feels much better paced than P3P.

• Advertisement

I'd rather it be delayed and polished than rushed out and disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Damn. It seems the Take Your Heart Edition has already sold out on Amazon. Had add to cart, clcked on it and then came up that it is no longer available from this seller :(. Will have to see if I can grab one off the .ca or vgp.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

World of FInal Fantasy is being released on the 28th of October in europe, I believe its out on 3ds already? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

World of FInal Fantasy is being released on the 28th of October in europe, I believe its out on 3ds already? Any good?

You confusing world of final Fantasy with final Fantasy explorers I think?

RedXIV wrote: »
    You confusing world of final Fantasy with final Fantasy explorers I think?

Ya your right :o

I'm kind of quietly hopeful that world of FF will be pretty good. It looks like a lot of fun and the designers seem to be having a lot of fun with it.

Seems the P5 CE will become available again on Amazon.
    For those who are seeing P5 special editions being out of stock, check back later. There is no limit on them, might be retailer backend stuf
    Edit: Back up now and ordered. Costs $122 inc shipping and VAT, can save 20% if you have Prime due to the new preorder reward on Amazon.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd rather it be delayed and polished than rushed out and disappointing.

I'd rather it was rushed out and disappointing than the developers being eaten by aliens, if we're dealing in false dichotomies :pac:

The LE is back on amazon now, just managed to nab one

Got the LE from VGP, worked out around €85.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had hoped the special edition would be more than just some random tat, but alas :(

Had hoped they'd have popped the soundtrack cd in with the core game like they did with Persona 4, that's really all I'd have any interest in. Will hold out for a while to see if there's any news on a European version, but more than happy to just stump for the core US one otherwise (although actually prefer the nice, colourful main box art to the steel case).

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

About the same on Amazon without the VAT. Would rather pre pay the VAT from Amazon and hopefully not get caught than have to pay the €8 handling fee if the VGP order gets caught in all honesty.

Xenji wrote: »

Can you link me to it? I couldnt find there at all, probably gone now anyway

The Atlas soundtracks with LE's are usually a bit crap, only having select tracks and not really being complete.

About the same on Amazon without the VAT. Would rather pre pay the VAT from Amazon and hopefully not get caught than have to pay the €8 handling fee if the VGP order gets caught in all honesty.

Never once in about 5 years had a customs issue while using them including two new N3DS at Christmas for my nephews, but I can see where you are coming from.

Can you link me to it? I couldnt find there at all, probably gone now anyway

Still instock https://www.videogamesplus.ca/persona-take-your-heart-premium-edition-ps4-p-23964.html

Had hoped the special edition would be more than just some random tat, but alas :(

I just wish the morgana plushie was bigger. The bag is pretty nice. definitely prefer it to posters and t-shirts

Digimon Cyber Sleuth is down to 30 quid in Gamestop. Is it worth picking up, do ye know?

Digimon Cyber Sleuth is down to 30 quid in Gamestop. Is it worth picking up, do ye know?

It is a fun game and I was actually quite surprised by it, you can easily but over 70 hours into it, I would recommended it for that price.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed it enough to platinum it. it's a fun single player story, dont get it if you want online battles though cause they suck :(

Advertisement