Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone know if there's HD ports of Final Fantasy on PS3/4? The non-HD version's looks awful on my TV. Would love to take another stab at VIII.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone know if there's HD ports of Final Fantasy on PS3/4? The non-HD version's looks awful on my TV. Would love to take another stab at VIII.

The steam version of VII and the HD remasters of X and X-2 are available on the PS4. A HD remaster of XII was also just announced on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My Fire Emblem LE finally arrived from Amazon today, Atelier Sophie arrived as well.

World Of Final Fantasy live stream from earlier, it looks like Nomura is doing the designs and Hamauzu is doing the score, one of the dungeons shown really looks like the Train Graveyard from VII.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Started FF13-2 again, needed something more relaxed to play and have to say I forgot how much fun it is. Really getting a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Pity the PC port is atrocious. You have to mod it to fix some issues like the rain effect and even at that the game barely hits 30 fps with frame drops programmed into the actual game so no matter how powerful your system is it will still drop frames. As for the game it's a bit janky and experimental but I'll take that over whatever the hell FF13 was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Atelier Firis first trailer, some of those locations look really nice.
    Just hoping it has combat either like Mana Khemia or Iris 2 now

New Nier trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Demo of Odin Sphere up on the PS4 store.

Niska wrote: »
    Demo of Odin Sphere up on the PS4 store.

Finished it over the weekend, the game was still as much fun for me nearly 10 years later, now to get Grand Kingdom finished before Star Ocean comes out next week.

Anyone picking up Tokyo Mirage Sessions today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be picking it up.

Probably be a couple of months before I get around to it!

Same as Retr0, forgot it was actually coming out till last week.

Xenji wrote: »
    Same as Retr0, forgot it was actually coming out till last week.

Amazon Italy still have the Fortissimo edition available if you are interested.

Amazon Italy still have the Fortissimo edition available if you are interested.

Thanks, I had it ordered from there, just meant it will take me a few months to get around to it.

Last english video for SRW OG Moon Dwellers, releases August 5th in english in Asia

Atelier Firis is launching September 29th in japan, those two weeks are gonna be insane in japan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Star ocean is getting Battered by reviewers.

Not surprising, the last one did as well.

Not surprising, the last one did as well.

The last game was an amazing battle system but the producer wanted to make borderline hentai ( and admitted as much proudly ). Bob Mackey at least has been kind in his first impressions. Fun battle system but a story that takes everything from the well of anime tropes. Good enough for me. A good Tri Ace battle system is better than most JRPG guff.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The last game was an amazing battle system but the producer wanted to make borderline hentai ( and admitted as much proudly ). Bob Mackey at least has been kind in his first impressions. Fun battle system but a story that takes everything from the well of anime tropes. Good enough for me. A good Tri Ace battle system is better than most JRPG guff.

I liked SO4 myself only regret was getting the original 360 version instead of the PS3 version. The amount of disc swapping required later on was a pita.

Anyone pick up the Vita version of Adventure of Mana that snook onto PSN earlier?

Should have my copy tomorrow, the Game Collection were really on the ball with it this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Great sales on PSN on the moment. I might buy a couple of PS3 games as a last hurrah before I get a ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shame about Star Ocean, I always loved the first two. The camera seems to be a big issue too.

I see that Tales of Zestiria is on sale for €25 on PSN. What's the verdict on it? Worth it at that price?

It's the usual Tales game. Plays it very safe and a story filled with anime tropes.

There's a FF7 monopoly coming out.

That's too much Weeaboo for one day.

I see that Tales of Zestiria is on sale for €25 on PSN. What's the verdict on it? Worth it at that price?

Nope, it has an incredibly boring and uneventful story, that's frankly just stupid a lot of the time. Play the xillia games instead if you havent already and if you have, I'd say hold out for Berseria. Zestiria is probably the worst Tales game I've played in a long time, since Symphonia 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's a FF7 monopoly coming out.

That's too much Weeaboo for one day.

£50!? That's some money for a reskin of monoply

Seems Bob Mackey changed his tune on Star Ocean, 2.5/5. Too much backtracking and just quite bland, especially for a Tri-Ace game.

I'll still pick it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tokyo xanadu is to the U.S in 2017 for vita and pc, physical release.

Tokyo xanadu is to the U.S in 2017 for vita and pc, physical release.

hopefully they port the PS4 version with bonus content too

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's Tokyo Xanadu or Xanadu Next but the guys at HG101 do be raving about how it's far and away the best action RPG ever made. The other is meant to be pretty special itself.

Advertisement