Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Yeah, loving SMT.

I've played Persona games before but never any of this series.

It's consumed me! Although the first boss
    Minotaur
    was a bitch until I started fusing demons with evade skills!
    Same as when I played Persona before it, meant to reply earlier to say I'm glad you're enjoying it :).
    If you get the hang of the idea to keep bugging you'll be flying it, took me while I often forgot towards the start. The bosses are pretty cool though, keep me updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

So it'll be like that game Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day ? That's what I heard it was like but of course I could be wrong and that's fine. I have it there on my backlog so I didn't want to look into it too much.

They said it's their biggest project so maybe more like .hack?

Sieghardt wrote: »
    They said it's their biggest project so maybe more like .hack?
    Ah! I see :) I think a friend is fond of those games but I've never played them myself, like most series if I haven't caught it early I'm never sure where to start. I should ask, but it's not like I'm running out of things to play either lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gusts announcement will be in association with Toei Animation, the project is starting in the Fall so I doubt it is a tie in to a new anime unless it is a Tiger Mask game or something to do with Popin Q.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is it wrong to hope it's a Sailor Moon RPG?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Maybe they brought the rights too legend of Dragoon from sony and are now making a three game series .

:pac:

Blue Reflection is basically already that

Blue-Reflection_08-28-16_024.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Blue Reflection is basically already that

Blue-Reflection_08-28-16_024.jpg

SOLD!

They could remake Sailor Moon: Another Story.

The God Eater PC port seems really good. Doesn't spaz out with 21:9 resolutions either unlike other Japanese games *cough attack on titan*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

i had a proper sit down with SMT4 last night, i think the game has a new fan :)
    ive gotten as far as
    demon fusions, fused an angel and a new dwarf to the team
    i can see myself spending hours doing these.

i had a proper sit down with SMT4 last night, i think the game has a new fan :)
    ive gotten as far as
    demon fusions, fused an angel and a new dwarf to the team
    i can see myself spending hours doing these.
    Same, I often spent 30/45 mins just doing catching demons and fusing, and fusing what I got. Oh level up, what can I fuse?
    It's all that Pokemon I played as a kid lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't wait to give God Eater a go, also AOT still isn't on the vita store :rolleyes:.

SMTIV Apocalypse said to be out in EU Winter 2016 along with 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, no more info on it really.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/01/shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-7th-dragon-iii-headed-europe-winter-2016/
    Can't wait to give God Eater a go, also AOT still isn't on the vita store :rolleyes:.
    I was about to say I was on last night and didn't see it either :pac: wrong region, you know all the fun I'm having with the Vita lol.

The God Eater PC port seems really good. Doesn't spaz out with 21:9 resolutions either unlike other Japanese games *cough attack on titan*

I wouldnt touch the PC port with a 7 foot greatsword, it has always online DRM

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wouldnt touch the PC port with a 7 foot greatsword, it has always online DRM

Denuvo?
    Who told the Japs it was ok to use that shíte?

yep it's Denuvo

Bamco finds a way, every time

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

So I've preordered Dragon Quest VII from shopto. I've been looking forward to this for ages.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    So I've preordered Dragon Quest VII from shopto. I've been looking forward to this for ages.
    Is there a limited release or an extra with it? I saw a few people pre ordering, could be just excitement. Just trying not to pre order too many things.
    I still haven't played a DQ game even though I have Heavenly Bride, IX, 8 and Chapters of the Chosen. (Going by my backloggery)

Is there a limited release or an extra with it? I saw a few people pre ordering, could be just excitement. Just trying not to pre order too many things.
    I still haven't played a DQ game even though I have Heavenly Bride, IX, 8 and Chapters of the Chosen. (Going by my backloggery)

There is no special edition, but if you go the digital route and pre order you will get a free theme.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    There is no special edition, but if you go the digital route and pre order you will get a free theme.
    Oh that's what I'm thinking of.
    What's a good place to start with DQ? Like I said when the series is gone on I never know where to go.

Oh that's what I'm thinking of.
    What's a good place to start with DQ? Like I said when the series is gone on I never know where to go.

Well DW 1-3 make up the Loto trilogy and those games all share the same world and it gets bigger with each game, then you have DQ 4-6 which makes up the Zenithian trilogy, these games each have their own different worlds and characters, with just one thing connecting them all, from these six I would go with DQ 5 first as it probably has the best story in the series and the first to include monster recruitment.

DQ 7-9 are not connected at all, but a few old characters do turn up from time to time, but none are really important to the story, from these I would say to start with DQ 8 as it is a fantastic all round game.

Xenji wrote: »
    Well DW 1-3 make up the Loto trilogy and those games all share the same world and it gets bigger with each game, then you have DQ 4-6 which makes up the Zenithian trilogy, these games each have their own different worlds and characters, with just one thing connecting them all, from these six I would go with DQ 5 first as it probably has the best story in the series and the first to include monster recruitment.

DQ 7-9 are not connected at all, but a few old characters do turn up from time to time, but none are really important to the story, from these I would say to start with DQ 8 as it is a fantastic all round game.
    Heard all good things about DQ8, very highly thought about but wasn't sure if I could just jump in there.
    Thanks so so much for the explanation! I'm normally bad to remember these things but I'm making notes now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I just did it as I wanted to get day of release and I heard shopto was good at that. Plus it worked out cheaper than buying it at gamestop.

Ahh, I wish I could play Heavenly Bride for the first time again, it's my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone watch the Persona 5 Daybreakers anime that was released yesterday? It's a prequel to the game and is available to stream for free on Crunchyroll.

Anyone watch the Persona 5 Daybreakers anime that was released yesterday? It's a prequel to the game and is available to stream for free on Crunchyroll.
    Nope, didn't I wasn't sure where it was timeline wise but now I know it's a prequel I'll definitely watch it at some stage. I have the Phoenix Wright and JoJo Bizarre Adventure latest series to watch too so I'll probably wait til after those.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Ahh, I wish I could play Heavenly Bride for the first time again, it's my favourite.
    I forgot to reply with the other post I made. So glad you enjoyed it. I'll be getting to it at some stage :)

Any update on when we might see AOT on the psn store?

Any update on when we might see AOT on the psn store?

KOEI have said it is awaiting a rating from the IFCO, and it seems like the IFCO are saying they have not heard anything about the game, a bit of a mess at the moment as the IFCO have not rated a game since 2006.

• Advertisement

The ifco is pretty progressive so I'd doubt they'd find anything offensive about the game, I'd say it's a **** up on the publisher end.

Advertisement