Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got around to starting DQ 7 today, forgot about the the first Island Ballymolloy being Irish, do not think I have heard a kid since the early 90's saying "Deadly" so much, we even get a "Cead Mile Failte".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Square Enix Might Look Into Localizing Dragon Quest X If There Are Enough Fan Requests
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/26/square-enix-might-look-localizing-dragon-quest-x-enough-fan-requests/

Square Enix Might Look Into Localizing Dragon Quest X If There Are Enough Fan Requests
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/26/square-enix-might-look-localizing-dragon-quest-x-enough-fan-requests/

It would probably come out on the NX, but to be honest I would probably not play it, it has been out for 4 years now and its subscription numbers seem to be constantly dropping, you would want to be a diehard player to want it now or have it go free like the Guild Wars model.

Xenji wrote: »
    It would probably come out on the NX, but to be honest I would probably not play it, it has been out for 4 years now and its subscription numbers seem to be constantly dropping, you would want to be a diehard player to want it now or have it go free like the Guild Wars model.
    Yeah I wasn't thinking there'd be much excitment but just incase :)

Yeah I wasn't thinking there'd be much excitment but just incase :)

More choice is always welcome, but it just seems like SE either want to boost subscribers or quietly do away with it like FF11 and focus more on FF14.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

XSeed sale on at GoG

As usual just incase it's of any interest, the link isn't working for me but might work later, if not I'll edit and fix, no worries
    19 RPGs have been added to PlayStation Now in Europe recently, including The Witch and the Hundred Knight, Disgaea D2, Costume Quest 2, and Battle Princess of Arcadias.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/28/19-rpgs-come-playstation-now-europe-including-disgaea-atelier/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

As usual just incase it's of any interest, the link isn't working for me but might work later, if not I'll edit and fix, no worries

Too bad that Ps Now ain't available in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd love to know if they ever plan to bring it here. I just need closure :D If it's never coming, that's fine, but the temptation is there to have a google once every few months to see if anything has been said about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'd love to know if they ever plan to bring it here. I just need closure :D If it's never coming, that's fine, but the temptation is there to have a google once every few months to see if anything has been said about it.

Ireland always get a raw deal when it comes too this kinda stuff sleep.png

• Advertisement

Lost Odyssey is now backward compatible on Xbox. Hated the game on my 1st attempt lasted 10 hours, loved it on my second and saw it through to completion.

EDIT: Word of warning for folks who don;t have this and are thinking of sourcing disk copies, as it's not available otherwise, not sure if you need all 4 disks to get it to install yet as I haven't tested but there was an issue with the 4th disk not working when it was released so buy from trusted sources. I had to return my copy 3 times to get a working 4th disk the second time I bought it.

I can't actually remember what it is, I was hoping the article would show up and tell me lol. I know I can search it but I like asking questions plus it's extra posts keeping the thread alive so what harm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I can't actually remember what it is, I was hoping the article would show up and tell me lol. I know I can search it but I like asking questions plus it's extra posts keeping the thread alive so what harm?

Gives you access to 100's of PS3 games for your PC, for a monthly/yearly subscription.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Gives you access to 100's of PS3 games for your PC, for a monthly/yearly subscription.

Streams to your PS4 also, which is why I'd really like it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If anyone is looking for FF XV Brotherhood on blu ray an extended version comes with the steelbook edition of Kingsglaive.

Thinking of buying this myself and switching my order to the standard edition as you can get Kingsglaive, Brotherhood and FF XV for £55, which is a better deal than getting the game, Kingsglaive and some crappy cosmetic items for €90. Will miss out on the awesome looking deluxe edition steelbook though.

If anyone is looking for FF XV Brotherhood on blu ray an extended version comes with the steelbook edition of Kingsglaive.

Thinking of buying this myself and switching my order to the standard edition as you can get Kingsglaive, Brotherhood and FF XV for £55, which is a better deal than getting the game, Kingsglaive and some crappy cosmetic items for €90. Will miss out on the awesome looking deluxe edition steelbook though.

This was one of the reasons I went for the ultimate edition, to get brotherhood on Blu-ray.....Only the artbook holding me to it now :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lost Odyssey is now backward compatible on Xbox. Hated the game on my 1st attempt lasted 10 hours, loved it on my second and saw it through to completion.

I never got on with that game. It was all way too slow, battles dragged and the story was kind of crap. the only standout was the excellently written short stories, just a shame the actual story wasn't as good.

I found they didn't explain the main mechanic well, the fact you can swap equipment on the fly in battle, once I figured that out it was a lot better but it still only served to drag most battles out.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I never got on with that game. It was all way too slow, battles dragged and the story was kind of crap. the only standout was the excellently written short stories, just a shame the actual story wasn't as good.

I found they didn't explain the main mechanic well, the fact you can swap equipment on the fly in battle, once I figured that out it was a lot better but it still only served to drag most battles out.

Loved how the immortal characters self resurrected 3 rounds after they were KO'd. Good to see something a bit different.

FF XV is going to feature a radio station that has over 250 songs from past entries in the series while you are driving the car.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/09/heres-music-can-listen-final-fantasy-xvs-car/

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

a lot of the reason LO plays so slowly is because it was designed to hide loading times which were a real issue for it before HD installs were a thing

they really should do a tweaked remaster to trim all of those out

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    FF XV is going to feature a radio station that has over 250 songs from past entries in the series while you are driving the car.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/09/heres-music-can-listen-final-fantasy-xvs-car/

That is awesome.

Hegemone Pass Is A Turn-Based RPG Of Cute Knights And Underworld Power
    SOLD!
    Persephone, Queen of The Underworld, has her title stolen, and can only recover it with the help of a group of adorable knights in Hegemone Pass.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/01/hegemone-pass-turn-based-rpg-cute-knights-underworld-power/
    Couldn't see a video but there's progress and gifs on Twitter, looks interesting https://twitter.com/ingenoire/status/779442716430180352?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Just got past christmas in Persona 4 Golden. Amazing game, almost glad it took me ages to get round to it since I have a pstv now and can play the expanded version on a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

megaten wrote: »
    Just got past christmas in Persona 4 Golden. Amazing game, almost glad it took me ages to get round to it since I have a pstv now and can play the expanded version on a TV.

Quick question. Is the PS TV yoke worth the price?

I got mine for very cheap and enjoy using it but if you have a Vita it might be hard to justify that price.

I paid about 40 quid for one pretty much to play persona 4 and it was worth it to me. That said, some of the better vita games like Gravity Rush and Danganronpa don't support it though they're on PS4 and PC respectively.
    It does play a decent amount of games though and 540p doesn't look that bad on my TV(32").

megaten wrote: »
    I paid about 40 quid for one pretty much to play persona 4 and it was worth it to me. That said, some of the better vita games like Gravity Rush and Danganronpa don't support it though they're on PS4 and PC respectively.
    It does play a decent amount of games though and 540p doesn't look that bad on my TV(32").

Danganronpa 1 & 2 are playable on pstv.

Danganronpa 1 & 2 are playable on pstv.

The first one doesn't seem to work on mine but I'll check.

I know Danganronpa isn't really on topic bit would either of you recommend it?

• Advertisement

I know Danganronpa isn't really on topic bit would either of you recommend it?

I hated it personally......If you like visual novels and detective stuff I guess you will.

Advertisement