Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is down to £30 today on http://www.thegamecollection.net if anyone is after it. Great price and as I mentioned physical copies are becoming hard to get.

Also Danganronpa 1 2 Reload is being released on the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is down to £30 today on http://www.thegamecollection.net if anyone is after it. Great price and as I mentioned physical copies are becoming hard to get.
    No way, I just got a Wii U and that's one of the games I'm mad for, have you used the site before? Do you need Parcel Motel?
    I hated it personally......If you like visual novels and detective stuff I guess you will.
    I like Phoenix Wright and Zero Escape 1 and 2, haven't gotten my new one yet with the watch. Johnny Ultimate said it was along the lines of a poor man's Zero Escape so I'm kinda wary, Virtues Last Reward was just amazing.

No way, I just got a Wii U and that's one of the games I'm mad for, have you used the site before? Do you need Parcel Motel?

Its £2 for shipping to Ireland, you could still use PM if you wish but their shipping to here is pretty quick.

Edit: Seems to be sold out now.

Its £2 for shipping to Ireland, you could still use PM if you wish but their shipping to here is pretty quick.

Edit: Seems to be sold out now.
    Good stuff, I'll keep watching it, my Wii U deal sold out and then came back up, I could get lucky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Figurines seem to be my weakness when it comes to CE editions, so looks like I will be picking this up, shame though that the PS4 version will be like Zestiria and just a shinier port of the PS3 version with better lighting and colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

So I've been playing Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS and spent quite a few hours just maxing various jobs on MC, Maribel and Ruff.

I also bought Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on psn for my vita. I played Trails in the Sky on my psp and was sad to see it was removed from psn as I wanted to replay it on my vita. I might just buy it and Trails in the Sky SC on steam instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Speaking of Tales games, Zestiria and Symphonia are both 66% off currently on Steam along with a lot of other Bandai Namco discounts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't wait for Dragon Quest Builders next week \0/

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I might just buy it and Trails in the Sky SC on steam instead.

Not a bad idea as 3C is not getting a psp/vita release. Pity Xseed didn't switch to releasing the native psv versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Not a bad idea as 3C is not getting a psp/vita release. Pity Xseed didn't switch to releasing the native psv versions.

people have very mixed feelings on the evolution versions, ther remixed/remastered music is mostly hated and the art is generally considered inferior and a really bad case of sameface

there are some improvements but it really wouldnt have been the best idea to go with those versions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I also bought Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on psn for my vita. I played Trails in the Sky on my psp and was sad to see it was removed from psn as I wanted to replay it on my vita. I might just buy it and Trails in the Sky SC on steam instead.

If you've bought it shouldn't it still be in your download list?

I have the umd version. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Weird that is has been removed? It's not like there should be any licensing issues? Have XSeed said why it's been delisted?

Edit: I see it's only been delisted from the EU store which is weird along with stuff like Dragon's Crown but no the US store. I suppose you could get it on the US store... or go for the PC version.

Cross post from Persona 5 thread.
    The Persona series is celebrating its 20th anniversary with an event on December 8, and have opened a Persona 20th Anniversary Fes website, showing a visual featuring protagonists from the series and more.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/10/persona-series-readies-celebrate-20th-anniversary-protagonists-visual-event/

Anyone any interest in exist archive? out on vita next week, u.s only release for now it seems.

Finished Super Robot Wars OG The Moon Dwellers, the last 10 or so stages are amazing, some huge plot twists, unexpected actions, secret characters and really tough battles with ridiculously overpowered bosses I'm kinda tempted to immediately start my second playthrough

Anyone any interest in exist archive? out on vita next week, u.s only release for now it seems.

from what I hear it's pretty good and quite similar to Valkyrie Profile if any of you like that series.

I think the weird bobble headed character models will turn a lot of people off the game though

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Finished Super Robot Wars OG The Moon Dwellers, the last 10 or so stages are amazing, some huge plot twists, unexpected actions, secret characters and really tough battles with ridiculously overpowered bosses I'm kinda tempted to immediately start my second playthrough

I was thinking of importing that, looks really cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finally finished the first Trails in the Sky last night. That final chapter was excellent, all the little incidents coming together at the end as a bigger part of an even more nefarious plot and how everything that happened up to that point funnelled into the plot was very satisfying. The last dungeon was a toughy as well, with some of the tougher fights taking a very long time. Last boss was really tough as well, thought I had the game nailed down with Khloe pumping out stat debuff arts but the last boss ended up being immune to them!

And then the cliffhanger, the game just got so much darker. I should take a break from Trails but I won't be long diving right back in after that big reveal!

Really enjoyed the game despite the first 3 chapters basically being set up for the final one. Strange to play a game that takes it's time telling its plot rather than a big bombastic in media res opening.

Really liked the character arc of Estelle and Joshua. As for Olivier, he deserves his own game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Felipe Aron

Persona 4 Golden it's awesome and adds important things to the history making previously PS2 version obsolete. I'm afraid this occur again with P5... It'll be frustrating to buy next February, play and one year later they would come saying "Hey this is new P5 Silver Edition with new characters"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Felipe Aron

I know Danganronpa isn't really on topic bit would either of you recommend it?
    I recommend.
    If you like Zero Escape or Persona maybe you like it.

Being watching a stream of dragon quest builders, can't wait too play it.

I recommend.
    If you like Zero Escape or Persona maybe you like it.
    I love them both, well Persona 3 and 4 and looking forward to 5. Anyone I know that likes it are too into it I think they would be bias you know?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finally finished the first Trails in the Sky last night. That final chapter was excellent, all the little incidents coming together at the end as a bigger part of an even more nefarious plot and how everything that happened up to that point funnelled into the plot was very satisfying. The last dungeon was a toughy as well, with some of the tougher fights taking a very long time. Last boss was really tough as well, thought I had the game nailed down with Khloe pumping out stat debuff arts but the last boss ended up being immune to them!

And then the cliffhanger, the game just got so much darker. I should take a break from Trails but I won't be long diving right back in after that big reveal!

Really enjoyed the game despite the first 3 chapters basically being set up for the final one. Strange to play a game that takes it's time telling its plot rather than a big bombastic in media res opening.

Really liked the character arc of Estelle and Joshua. As for Olivier, he deserves his own game.

the whole final chapter is game changer after game changer, you look at the world, the characters, the lore, everything differently when you know what you know.

Sieghardt wrote: »
    the whole final chapter is game changer after game changer, you look at the world, the characters, the lore, everything differently when you know what you know.

I heard so much about the cliffhanger at the end as well. What I loved about it was that it wrapped up everything really nicely so it had a satisfying conclusion unlike say Halo 2's stupid ending. Then boom, it reveals the whole thing goes deeper and then talk about finishing up on an emotional high!

I'm trying really hard not to jump straight into the sequel until I take a break from it!

Kinda annoyed right now. I was replaying FFX on my ps vita and deleted it so I could download and try something else (I only have an 8gb memory card), when I redownloaded FFX, I realized my save was gone, and that it did warn me about it. So annoyed at myself for not reading before hitting delete. I had just beat
    Yunalesca

So instead I think I'll replay FFX-2 after I eventually beat Dragon Quest VII.

Kinda annoyed right now. I was replaying FFX on my ps vita and deleted it so I could download and try something else (I only have an 8gb memory card), when I redownloaded FFX, I realized my save was gone, and that it did warn me about it. So annoyed at myself for not reading before hitting delete. I had just beat
    Yunalesca

So instead I think I'll replay FFX-2 after I eventually beat Dragon Quest VII.

If you have PS+ and backed up your save to the cloud you should be able to retrieve it.

Gust’s upcoming title, Blue Reflection, the game that features Sailor Moon-like transformations got a new concept trailer giving us a closer look at the characters we’ll meet in the upcoming RPG.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/13/blue-reflections-concept-trailer-gives-us-glimpse-characters/
    Was it you Sieghardt that talked about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Bought Disgaea 4 for Vita in the recent PSN sale and also took a totally out-of-the-blue punt on Stranger of Sword City. I've a feeling I'm not going to remotely enjoy the latter but... ah well we'll give it a go.

• Advertisement

Stranger of Sword City. .

Its a hardcore dungeon crawler, I found it tough going.

Advertisement