Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I know, belongs in the confessions thread.:o

I don't have the hardware to. I was hoping for some re-release on the PS4 but it doesn't look likely with #5 around the corner.

Grab yourself a cheap pstv. All the previous games except Persona 2:Eternal Punishment(part 2) are playable on it with an Irish account. Can't remember if Eternal Punishment can be played on a US account as it is a PSone Classic as Atlus didn't release the PSP remake of it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Grab yourself a cheap pstv. All the previous games except Persona 2:Eternal Punishment(part 2) are playable on it with an Irish account. Can't remember if Eternal Punishment can be played on a US account as it is a PSone Classic as Atlus didn't release the PSP remake of it.,
    I was just about to say VTV too!
    Almost sure it's the US account because my Vita is US and think I saw it the last time I was looking. Was hooing and haaing starting P2 myself but playing the PS1 and then the PSP one seems so long.

SMT Final is out soon here too isn't it?

I was just about to say VTV too!
    Almost sure it's the US account because my Vita is US and think I saw it the last time I was looking. Was hooing and haaing starting P2 myself but playing the PS1 and then the PSP one seems so long.

SMT Final is out soon here too isn't it?

You should play the 2 P2 games the other way around. The PSP game, Innocent Sin is P2:Part 1 and Eternal Punishment, the PSone game is P2:Part 2.

Iirc Atlus USA passed on redoing Eternal Punishment due to the bits with
    Hitler
    and just rereleased the PSone version digitally.

You should play the 2 P2 games the other way around. The PSP game, Innocent Sin is P2:Part 1 and Eternal Punishment, the PSone game is P2:Part 2.

Hitler
    I always mixed them up, you would think part 1 would come out first.
    Don't think I've the patience for something that long ATM about 80 hours on how long to beat but it'll probably take me 90 like P3 and P4.
    Tokyo Mirage is nearly as long as the PS1 P2, I kinda wanted to play that over Christmas.
    So much backlog...

I always mixed them up, you would think part 1 would come out first.
    Don't think I've the patience for something that long ATM about 80 hours on how long to beat but it'll probably take me 90 like P3 and P4.
    Tokyo Mirage is nearly as long as the PS1 P2, I kinda wanted to play that over Christmas.
    So much backlog...

Yeah Atlus USA f'd up and translated P2:Eternal Punishment for the PSone without realising it was part 2. It was too late to go back and start part 1 as the PS2 was already out a couple of years and PSone games sales were declining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Persona 3 is on the PS3 store. It's a Christmas miracle!:)

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Persona 3 is on the PS3 store. It's a Christmas miracle!:)

Yup P3 FES is on PS3, didn't mention it as you only said you had a PS4.

Persona 4 is also available on PS3 as a download if you have a US account.

Yeah Atlus USA f'd up and translated P2:Eternal Punishment for the PSone without realising it was part 2. It was too late to go back and start part 1 as the PS2 was already out a couple of years and PSone games sales were declining.
    It's such a pity. Is the first one worth playing? I heard it's a bit difficult and very old school, rarely hear much about it.
    Hopefully get the patience for P2, when I get into it I'm fine but starting off I'm very impatient, like when I started p3 and p4 and you're dying all the time, but when you get into the swing you're flying it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hitler

Nope. Actually Atlus US tried to localise the PSP version of Eternal Punishment but there was huge issues in how it was badly coded making it near impossible for them to add in translated text. They really worked hard to bring it out but it was just impossible to do so in the budget and time frame they had. They released the PS1 version instead to tryand make up for it.

It actually wasn't a F'up by Atlus. At the time they only had the resources to translate one of the games so went for EP as it had a definitive ending rather than going with IS and leaving it hanging indefinitely. Not the best move but Atlus kind of had it's hand forced at the time.

• Final fantasy 15 is out next week
    Can't believe it ain't got its own thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love to play it, but don't have a console at the moment. Maybe in a years time when they release it on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Picked up a cheap ps4 recently but i still can't decide if I'm going to get FFXV on near launch. Its a square enix game so it should drop in price fairly quickly, going to wait for review regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

FF XV is day one for me, I have played all the games in the series and yes they all come with their own quirks, faults and irritating characters , but the only one I really did not enjoy was FF XIII, currently replaying FF 1 on the Nes Mini to tide me over till next week, shame Steins;Gate 0 is out on Friday as well.

I went to the Odeon for the IGN livestream, fun to see with other people.
    Kingsglaive was on after it, it was a bit long bit I really enjoyed it, looked beautiful, great voice acting.
    We got little goodie bags, I'll post a photo tomorrow, so cute.
    My friend won a PS4 with the game, lucky ducker!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    FF XV is day one for me, I have played all the games in the series and yes they all come with their own quirks, faults and irritating characters , but the only one I really did not enjoy was FF XIII, currently replaying FF 1 on the Nes Mini to tide me over till next week, shame Steins;Gate 0 is out on Friday as well.

I pre ordered on Amazon two years ago :o

Here's the goodies with got at the FF15 screening, Moogle popcorn, a card holder and stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Cute, I like Gladio's Fabio chest lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Is there actually no thread for Final Fantasy XV? That's baffling to me. Got the game early this week - it's incredible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there actually no thread for Final Fantasy XV? That's baffling to me. Got the game early this week - it's incredible.

From where?

From where?

Indeed, even thegamecollection.net haven't shipped yet and they usually ship Tuesday releases the previous Thursday. Square seem to even have the shipping date embargoed for retailers.

• Advertisement

Indeed, even thegamecollection.net haven't shipped yet and they usually ship Tuesday releases the previous Thursday. Square seem to even have the shipping date embargoed for retailers.

Mine dispatched early Saturday morning from Amazon, should have it on Monday.

Mine dispatched early Saturday morning from Amazon, should have it on Monday.

Prime? Parcel motel up north?

Prime? Parcel motel up north?

Yes and yes :)

Yes and yes :)

*reports xenji too the authorities *

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Mine is shipping from square themselves due to my ridiculous need for collectors editions. It was shipped Thursday so quietly hoping for Monday delivery

RedXIV wrote: »
    Mine is shipping from square themselves due to my ridiculous need for collectors editions. It was shipped Thursday so quietly hoping for Monday delivery

Did you get the Ultimate Collectors Edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Did you get the Ultimate Collectors Edition?

Yeah, went on the waiting list and got one about a month ago.

I don't mind the price so much, very few games I buy at launch so like to treat myself once in a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

You could start one?
    I didn't preorder since I didn't know if I'd have a ps4 in time for it. Where's the cheapest when it comes to physical stores these days? From a quick look it seem like Argos is the cheapest generally?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

From where?
    I live in Qatar, where street dates are continuously broken. Picked it up Sunday or Monday, but have only put in 7 hours or so thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

When are reviews out for FF XV?
    Tempted to dip my toe into a JRPG again.
    Other than the souls games, I've not played one since Persona 4 on the vita.

Advertisement