Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/shin_megami_tensei_iv_apocalypse_eu_dlc_details_confirmed
    " it lands on 2nd December on the eShop and as a physical retail release. "
    SMTIV Apocalypse creeped up on me, getting excited! I ordered from Amazon but Zavvi is showing up as the cheapest.
    If you have 50 gold coins on your Nintendo and want to go digital you can get 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Looking forward to 7th Dragon but it coming out at a bad time and I still have a load of 3DS RPG's to play so I might give it a month or two before I pick it up.

• When are reviews out for FF XV?
    Tempted to dip my toe into a JRPG again.
    Other than the souls games, I've not played one since Persona 4 on the vita.

Review Embargo lifts today.
    Not sure if review copies were sent out however.
    As it's a monster of a game i'd say morel likely towards the latter end of the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If amazon try and take money from your account and its not there do they keep trying until you lodge it?

If amazon try and take money from your account and its not there do they keep trying until you lodge it?
    I think you go into orders and there's a choice of cancel order or try again / pay with another card. AFAIK it won't try more than once.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Review Embargo lifts today.
    Not sure if review copies were sent out however.
    As it's a monster of a game i'd say morel likely towards the latter end of the week.

Review copies have been in the wild for a while now.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Review copies have been in the wild for a while now.

Oh right. I'd expect to see reviews today / tomorrow so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They keep trying, think you have 72 hours before they cancel the order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    They keep trying, think you have 72 hours before they cancel the order.

I lodged the money, I didn't have enough in there but I guess it could be delayed getting here now. I Got the day one edition for 44 :O.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Great reviews and well deserved - 86 on Metacritic so far: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-xv

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only two reviews I've read are EG and IGN.

Ign gave it an 8 but tbh both reviews really put me off with the game seemingly just petering out into linearity on the second half.

These games should get.more.open.as they progress, not less.

Lack of overarching story also sounds disappointing.

Couldn't stand 13 so might hold off til cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Forgive the formating, copying from my phone. Saw this earlier. Square enix riding the popularity of ffxv all the way to the bank:

Final Fantasy XV has been finally released. Through thick and thin, FF XV is after all a great game with epic moments that contains the essence of the saga. It’s not perfect, but in overall is a recommended experience.
    2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:
    Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.
    Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.
    Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
    This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card. It will include two versions of Final Fantasy I to VI: original versions from NES/SNES and modern ports (mostly mobile ports). FF VII to XI will be based only in newest ports. Final Fantasy II and III from NES will receive an official English translation (first time). Games will be based on Japanese versions, therefore we will be able to play parts that were cut out when games were released overseas. Graphical censorship included in some titles when they were released outside Japan will remain. The collection will have a built-in art gallery and a sound test menu to play songs from games included.
    Just for the record: this compilation will include just main Final Fantasy titles (I to IX).

There will be three versions for the Final Fantasy collection:
    1. Regular version: games and poster.
    2. Collector’s Edition: Games, poster, art book, 8-bit Black Mage keychain, Chocobo plush and two discs with a selection of songs chosen by Nobuo Uematsu.
    3. Crystal Complete Edition. It will be only available in limited quantities in the Square Enix’s website for PS4. Crystal Complete Edition will include:
    – Games: Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection titles (FF I to IX), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, Final Fantasy XV (and all DLC), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (including all expansions + a 3 month subscription). Special items for Final Fantasy XI Mobile and Final Fantasy XIV will be included as well.
    – Physical items: all the content included in the Collector’s Edition, two extra discs for the soundtrack, a crystal necklace, a Moogle plush, a Black Mage statue, all three Final Fantasy Trading Card Game starter decks, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV. Everything will be packed in a luxury chest decorated with the Final Fantasy logo.
    Just to clarify: these plans just apply to North America, we don’t know yet about other regions.
    Season Pass:
    – Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.
    – Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.
    Thanks to our source for this tasty information about Final Fantasy.

Read more http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

Nier Automata has been pushed back again to the 3rd of October.

Extra time for me to play the first one, I got it last year as a Christmas present. Love the soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

it hasnt, the release date is march 10th, it's americans being morons about the date and reading 10/3 as 3rd of october instead of march 10th :pac:

Sieghardt wrote: »
    it hasnt, the release date is march 10th, it's americans being morons about the date and reading 10/3 as 3rd of october instead of march 10th :pac:

Amazon changed it's release date to the 3rd of October yesterday, got pre order revision E-mail off of them, hopefully it is a cock up on Amazons side.

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final / Apocalypse arrived yesterday, was too busy to post anything :).
    I still can't believe its a physical copy!

I got gundam genesis today for the vita , a cool turn based game from what ive played so for, tough enough.

• Advertisement

I got gundam genesis today for the vita , a cool turn based game from what ive played so for, tough enough.

Gundam Breaker 3 is another good game to pick up, it is a aRPG though compared to tactics base, it has one of the deepest customization systems I have seen in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final / Apocalypse arrived yesterday, was too busy to post anything :).
    I still can't believe its a physical copy!

What?! That's out already? Why did I think Dec 31st?

Is Amazon the best place for this?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What?! That's out already? Why did I think Dec 31st?

Is Amazon the best place for this?
    Maybe you mixed it up with another game? It cane out on the 2nd and I used Amazon myself :)

Gundam Breaker 3 is another good game to pick up, it is a aRPG though compared to tactics base, it has one of the deepest customization systems I have seen in a game.

I Imported that too ages ago :o, cool game I have the other one too but wasn't fond of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Valkyria Azure Revolution is coming west as Valkyria Revolution next summer, hopefully it turns out better than the demos seem to indicate so far

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lost Odyssey is currently free to download on Xbox One right now to celebrate 300 backwards compatible titles. Blue Dragon is also available to download now for €19.99.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never really liked Blue Dragon. There were too many hidden collectives and I'm guessing the game is a lot more fun if you ignore them. I must try it again.

Lost Odyssey I didn't get on with at all until I was forced to review it so had to finish. Ended up enjoying it in the end but the start is a horrible slog and the main mechanic of switch weapons mid battle is never explained. Once I figured it out it was a lot smoother.

Genesis Is one unforgiving game........

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Never really liked Blue Dragon. There were too many hidden collectives and I'm guessing the game is a lot more fun if you ignore them. I must try it again.

Lost Odyssey I didn't get on with at all until I was forced to review it so had to finish. Ended up enjoying it in the end but the start is a horrible slog and the main mechanic of switch weapons mid battle is never explained. Once I figured it out it was a lot smoother.

Please do elaborate on the above? Once i fin FFXV want to get stuck into this on X1

• Advertisement

My advice is to play a better game. It's very much a mid to bottom tier jrpg with the odd exceptionally well written short story which make the actual story seem laughable.

As for the main mechanic basically you can swap weapons during your turn with no penalty so pick a weapon with the right elements or properties and hack away.

Advertisement