Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I found out today theres a robot wars game coming to vita in Feb, its probably the same as the ps4 one released during the summer?

:edit: Different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I found out today theres a robot wars game coming to vita in Feb, its probably the same as the ps4 one released during the summer?

:edit: Different game.

Super Robot Wars V? That's coming out on PS4 & Vita and will have an english asian release

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Super Robot Wars must have the second highest number of entries of a series behind Mega Man in Japan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Super Robot Wars V? That's coming out on PS4 & Vita and will have an english asian release

Thats the one, was thinking of pre ordering on play asia.
    Xenji wrote: »
    Super Robot Wars must have the second highest number of entries of a series behind Mega Man in Japan.

Are the robot wars games tough?

Are the robot wars games tough?

I have only played a handful of them and they have all fluctuated in difficulty, some were quite easy and relaxed like Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, while Super Robot Wars F Final was fiendishly difficult in parts.

• Advertisement

I have only played a handful of them and they have all fluctuated in difficulty, some were quite easy and relaxed like Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, while Super Robot Wars F Final was fiendishly difficult in parts.

Will you be importing it Xenji :D?

For modern SRW games, just playing through them is very easy and the difficulty level automatically adjusts to your skill level

playing through and getting all the SR points for doing certain things each level is harder

once you complete the game there are harder modes to play through too

Will you be importing it Xenji :D?

Probably, only so much Gundam Breaker 3 a man can play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Fireworks.gif
    Happy New Year everyone, I hope it's a happy and healthy one. (I'm too lazy to look for a more appropriate picture for this thread lol.)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the Nier demo still available?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is the Nier demo still available?

Yeah, 4.4GB download.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nier feels so fluid. Will definitely be getting it but does the story tie into the previous game? I know nothing of the series.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nier feels so fluid. Will definitely be getting it but does the story tie into the previous game? I know nothing of the series.

No you do not have to play Nier, just like you do not have to have knowledge of the Drakengard series which the Nier games are a spinoff of, the game is set in the same universe, but has a stand alone story.

Any release date for Nier?

An artist/designer that I like OMOcat is making a game, I think it passed its goal to get a 3DS version. I love the look of it! Can't wait!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori/description

Any release date for Nier?

March 10th
    An artist/designer that I like OMOcat is making a game, I think it passed its goal to get a 3DS version. I love the look of it! Can't wait!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori/description

This looks really cool, reminds me of Yume Nikki

March 10th

Thought it was ages away If I'm honest :O.

This looks really cool, reminds me of Yume Nikki
    I'm always hiding from Yume Nikki, it's been out forever and I still haven't played it. I've seen bits though so I know what you mean at least. The kinda crayon look reminds me a bit of Rule of Rose when you're reading the story books

Too many games coming out this month that I want

Fate extella

Tales of berseria

Atelier shalie (Vita)

Gravity rush 2

Yakusa 0

Digimon new world

Too many games coming out this month that I want
    Digimon new world
    The last Digimon game wasn't that good or was that just my own friends didn't enjoy it?

• Advertisement

The last Digimon game wasn't that good or was that just my own friends didn't enjoy it?

Aww personally i loved it! No vita release this time around for europe though :(.

It was actually surprisingly good, the only good entry in the franchise besides Digimon World on the DS.

This month will be expensive, have to pick up Tales of Berseria, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 and Alchemists of the Dusk Sea, plus Nioh and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk next month, good job Persona was delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It was actually surprisingly good, the only good entry in the franchise besides Digimon World on the DS.

This month will be expensive, have to pick up Tales of Berseria, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 and Alchemists of the Dusk Sea, plus Nioh and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk next month, good job Persona was delayed.

The 3ds version of DQ VIII is also out this month.

The 3ds version of DQ VIII is also out this month.

What really, honestly went under the radar, good price on Amazon for it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I started DQVII last week, I'm only on the second island now, fire island place. I like it so far.

I'll defo be picking up VIII this month

Aww personally i loved it! No vita release this time around for europe though :(.
    My friends said it was either boring or repetitive, I wouldn't always agree with then so I was in especially since it was all I heard.

Digimon World, was that the only DS one? I don't think I got into it, I liked the PS1 one, Monster Rancher was better though :D

My friends said it was either boring or repetitive, I wouldn't always agree with then so I was in especially since it was all I heard.

Digimon World, was that the only DS one? I don't think I got into it, I liked the PS1 one, Monster Rancher was better though :D

I can remember watching Monster rancher on fox kids in the late 90's.

I can remember watching Monster rancher on fox kids in the late 90's.
    I think it was on TG4 for awhile, I only saw it years after playing the game. Used to get great craic gathering all the Cds in the house to see what monsters I'd get.

The Monster Rancher games were far better than any of the Digimon games, although the Digimon ones regularly outsold them as the anime only lasted less than two years.

• Advertisement

The Digimon run for GDQ was great just thinking of it now.

Nearly that time again actually (January 8th)

Advertisement