Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

7th Dragon seems to be gone from most shops already. Should have known better and just bought it when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

In addition to the new Shin Megami Tensei game that was teased for Nintendo Switch, Atlus’ 25th anniversary page for the series also has a 3DS title listed in the works.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13/shin-megami-tensei-switch-made-unreal-engine-4-3ds-smt-project-works/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I didn't realise atelier firis was being released in March.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also Gust games finally coming to PC. All I need now is Atlus and I can probably throw the PS4 in the bin :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also Gust games finally coming to PC. All I need now is Atlus and I can probably throw the PS4 in the bin :)

I thought it would be a while seeing as it only released in Japan in october or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought it would be a while seeing as it only released in Japan in october or something.

Yeah there's usually a bigger delay. I've also got a hankering to start another Atelier game...but I'm a few games behind as is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The 6th Atelier english release in the last two years, not complaining though.

Xenji wrote: »
    The 6th Atelier english release in the last two years, not complaining though.

Nor am I , even though I'm rubbish at the games, I do like them.

Is it getting a physical release for vita?

I like that you can still finish them even though you are crap. Like me. However if you want you can aim to excel.

Square Enix announced Project Octopath Traveler from the team that brought you Bravely Default for the Switch.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Square Enix announced Project Octopath Traveler from the team that brought you Bravely Default for the Switch.

FYP, thanks Xenji :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

As if Q1 isnt packed enough already but I guess they kind of have to with Nights of Azure 2 and Blue Reflection on the way too. Word from japan is Firis is really good, arguably the best story since Totori BUT it was full of bugs at launch which tainted the experience so hopefully those are all fixed by now and wont be in the western release

I also finished Neptunia VII, I usually enjoy these games as a bit of dumb fluff but wow, this was unexpected. A really well done and surprisingly emotional allegory about how Dreamcast died so SEGA could live on and how it would be remembered more fondly in death than it was in life.

Sieghardt wrote: »
    As if Q1 isnt packed enough already but I guess they kind of have to with Nights of Azure 2 and Blue Reflection on the way too.

I also finished Neptunia VII, I usually enjoy these games as a bit of dumb fluff but wow, this was unexpected. A really well done and surprisingly emotional allegory about how Dreamcast died so SEGA could live on and how it would be remembered more fondly in death than it was in life.
    Is Blue Reflection coming to the west? I've probably asked a few times now.
    Did you enjoy Neptunia then? I never played any but I love Sega Hard Girls anime and they're in it now (have the figures too) and was thinking of looking into where to start.

Did you enjoy Neptunia then? I never played any but I love Sega Hard Girls anime and they're in it now (have the figures too) and was thinking of looking into where to start.

My experience with the neptunia games is that some of them are incredibly grindy, I remember playing HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA RE;BIRTH 1 and I just barely killed a boss and was immediately thrown into another boss fight and got killed straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

My experience with the neptunia games is that some of them are incredibly grindy, I remember playing HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA RE;BIRTH 1 and I just barely killed a boss and was immediately thrown into another boss fight and got killed straight away!

I played Re;Birth 1 recently too and it was fun for about two hours but as you said the game doesn't really respect your time.

It hasnt been announced for the west yet but it'll definitely come over.

I enjoyed Neptunia, contrary to what the others are saying I never felt the need to grind, there's always something, either a new tier of weapons or armour or an arena match or new type of game disk that'll let you increase your power far more than the few stat points you gain per level up.

That said though I wouldnt sday it's a series you'd play for the gameplay, you'd want to be in in for the unique concept. To get the most out of it you'd want to be an old SEGA fan & an anime fan too.

It hasnt been announced for the west yet but it'll definitely come over.

That said though I wouldnt sday it's a series you'd play for the gameplay, you'd want to be in in for the unique concept. To get the most out of it you'd want to be an old SEGA fan & an anime fan too.
    Oh good, saw a video of it during the week and it looks fantastic.
    Well I'm into anime, my first console a Saturn, I'd a Game Gear so maybe? Sega Hard Girls series was mostly older stuff bar the mobile gaming episode I think.
    Sure it's worth a try and it's good to get a mix of opinions imo.
    Anyone I know that's plays it is really into it that I think it's too bias to ask them.
    Any idea where to start or anywhere good?

Either Re:Birth 1 or VII would be good, I'd say just pick up whichever of those you see cheap first. I got VII for $7.50 which is pretty ridiculous

Either Re:Birth 1 or VII would be good, I'd say just pick up whichever of those you see cheap first. I got VII for $7.50 which is pretty ridiculous
    That's very good, saw it somewhere but wasn't that cheap I think it was 40 but I'd prefer to spend under 20/25 if I'm not sure I'll like it.

Actually while I'm here, anyone play Guided Faith Paradox? I got that cheap the first week it was out, never touched it and never heard a thing about it.

I shouldn't watch these videos I just have longings like with Persona 5.
    Can't wait to play it and pick cosplay from it, it all looks so pretty.
    Gust shared the first gameplay trailer for Blue Reflection with a look at some battle footage featuring the game’s three main magical girls in action.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/18/blue-reflections-battle-video-shows-magical-girls-fight/

• Advertisement

Actually while I'm here, anyone play Guided Faith Paradox? I got that cheap the first week it was out, never touched it and never heard a thing about it.

I played it, I was confused playing it, reminds me of digaea series .

We will be getting the enhanced Tokyo Xanadu eX+ version of the original, it should bring the playtime to well over 100 hours, might pick up the special edition for the figurine alone.

Only took two and a half years too come over :rolleyes:

Ugh, just plugged my Vita in to play some Atelier. Probably not been used in a year. Blinking orange light. I hope my battery isn't dead...

My ****ing Gameboy still works though!
    Only took two and a half years too come over :rolleyes:

Well I know Tom was fighting for it to be localised so just be glad we got it at all. We also got Xanadu Next on PC so it's win win.

Ugh, just plugged my Vita in to play some Atelier. Probably not been used in a year. Blinking orange light. I hope my battery isn't dead...

My ****ing Gameboy still works though!

Well I know Tom was fighting for it to be localised so just be glad we got it at all. We also got Xanadu Next on PC so it's win win.

I might have sounded ungrateful there but I'm not, I'm very grateful too Tom, always love it when these games come over, even if there just subbed and no english voice acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ugh, just plugged my Vita in to play some Atelier. Probably not been used in a year. Blinking orange light. I hope my battery isn't dead..

Shouldn't be, mine usually blinks orange for a while until there is enough power for the Vita to turn on.

Shouldn't be, mine usually blinks orange for a while until there is enough power for the Vita to turn on.
    AFAIK it has to be at 10% to turn on, could be wrong but the lad I bought it from in the cash converters years ago said most things that need to be charged need to be at that.

Also just pre ordered Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, I wasn't going to but ah sure, why not? It's out on the 20th, Amazon seemed to have the best price that was easy to order from.

• Advertisement

Apparently it's a problem if the machine is neglected. Battery can die. Only have a usb charger and read that it might not be enough to charge it on a PC. ipad charger is too powerful so won't charge on that so borrowed housemates charger to see if it will work with that, Fingers crossed, it can apparently take about 1 or more hours

Advertisement