Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Leave it plugged in for a while and that should sort it , happened me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Only took two and a half years too come over :rolleyes:

EX+ only came out a few months ago, they really needed the PS4 version to justify localizing it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Leave it plugged in for a while and that should sort it , happened me before.

Disaster averted. Only took 10 minutes with my housemates plug. Wasn't charging properly on PC it seems.

In other news I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles X. 110 hours. Still have a few affinity missions to do. Loved the game. Combat was satisfying and loved hunting down tyrants. Didn't like paying out so much for my wrecked skell though! Story was very mediocre but it didn't matter. The real story was in exploring the amazing world of Mira. Never played in an open world that felt so alive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Disaster averted. Only took 10 minutes with my housemates plug. Wasn't charging properly on PC it seems.

In other news I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles X. 110 hours. Still have a few affinity missions to do. Loved the game. Combat was satisfying and loved hunting down tyrants. Didn't like paying out so much for my wrecked skell though! Story was very mediocre but it didn't matter. The real story was in exploring the amazing world of Mira. Never played in an open world that felt so alive.

Its interesting too explore then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Shouldn't be, mine usually blinks orange for a while until there is enough power for the Vita to turn on.

Yeah if you leave it charging long enough, it should get enough juice to run again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its interesting too explore then?

Oh yeah definitely. I mean it's basically exploration the game. It's just such a great feeling to spend hours in one of the continents then sneak up the mountains and find a totally different eco system up there. Also swimming to late game continents is fun as well even if it can take about 20-30 minutes to do so! There's always low level enemies in all areas so it's not a waste of time. It's also one of the truly non linear games, once you get outside New LA there's no stopping you going wherever you want to and ignoring the story and quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm sure the FE fans know but just incase

"Fire Emblem Warriors will be coming to *New* 3DS in addition to Switch release this Fall."
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fire-emblem-warriors-launching-on-new-3ds-as-well

And in another thread they said
    There's also a release for the regular old 3ds Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia. Out this year!
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/fire_emblem_echoes_shadows_of_valentia_coming_to_3ds_on_19th_may

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh yeah definitely. I mean it's basically exploration the game. It's just such a great feeling to spend hours in one of the continents then sneak up the mountains and find a totally different eco system up there. Also swimming to late game continents is fun as well even if it can take about 20-30 minutes to do so! There's always low level enemies in all areas so it's not a waste of time. It's also one of the truly non linear games, once you get outside New LA there's no stopping you going wherever you want to and ignoring the story and quests.

That and zelda are the reason I want a wii u!

That and zelda are the reason I want a wii u!
    They're not too expensive, I got mine from Game Grainner I think it's called for £160 with Mario Kart 8, I think postage was free to UK so used DPD.
    I can keep an eye out whenever you're looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Speaking of Falcom I started and am now on the final chapter of Trails in the Sky FC. Fractured my arm so I'm glad I found a JRPG that can be played with just the mouse. Good game, only real problem I have with it is the poor pacing between side quests and main missions.

• Advertisement

It only really gets going in the final chapter but the whole plot up to that point comes together brilliantly. I started SC and it seems a lot more exciting and better paced but need a break from Trails before I go back, I was burned out by the end of FC.

how many chapters are trails in the sky?

Four or Five I think?

megaten wrote: »
    Four or Five I think?

I'm only ch2 but there long enough àre they?

First one felt by far the longest, but judging by my game clock and the avg player time the final chapter is also pretty long.

There's four chapters.

And yes there's a lot to get through if you are only on chapter 2!

I think I clocked in at 70- 80 hours.

The last chapter is long but flies past and well, well worth finishing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone played Contact on the DS?

Stuck into at the moment and it's a bit of a noble mess.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Anyone played Contact on the DS?

Stuck into at the moment and it's a bit of a noble mess.
    No unfortunately, never heard anyone say something is a noble mess, I'm assuming that's bad :( played the start and liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

No unfortunately, never heard anyone say something is a noble mess, I'm assuming that's bad :( played the start and liked it

It's not bad, really, it's playable and full of good ideas and whatnot, but the dodgy balance, the autoplay battles and the constant fiddling make it annoying when it doesn't really have to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Toukiden 2 is coming out on the 24th of March for the PS4, Vita and PC.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Toukiden 2 is coming out on the 24th of March for the PS4, Vita and PC.

I am over the moon too hear this, didnt think it would be out so soon.

Decent PC port I hope... although this is tecmo koei.

A Ys annoucement and i'd be very happy.

S-E are teasing an exciting announcement for tomorrow, hopefully a FF 12 release date as the trophy list is already online and not another mobile game.

S-E are teasing an exciting announcement for tomorrow, hopefully a FF 12 release date as the trophy list is already online and not another mobile game.

I'd be soooo happy I'd cry ;_;

I'm hoping it's the big FF anniversary announcement that was leaked. FF15 for PC in 2018 and FF12 in march please!

Ni No Kuni 2 is coming to PC. I just hope it's not as god awful as the first game.

So the announcement was a multi game partnership with Marvel, ugh would of taken an English version of Lord of Vermilion IV.

So the announcement was a multi game partnership with Marvel, ugh would of taken an English version of Lord of Vermilion IV.

Square enix announcement?

• Advertisement

Square enix announcement?

Yup.

Advertisement