Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Xenji wrote: »
    So the announcement was a multi game partnership with Marvel, ugh would of taken an English version of Lord of Vermilion IV.

Damn, would have loved for a FF XV announcement for PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yup.

I was hoping they were gonna say Zodiac is on the psn store right now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Accel World VS Sword Art Online is coming west this summer for the PS4 and Vita, digital only though on both formats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Accel World VS Sword Art Online is coming west this summer for the PS4 and Vita, digital only though on both formats.

Great news, ys lacrimosa of dana announcement now and I'm sorted for the year!

Bate dragon quest 8 this morning on the 3ds. My first time playing it. Some game in fairness, well worth the price it's going for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Finished Trails in the Sky this morning. Super game imo but just... found it a bit long. Think it too me 45 hours or so but if they'd cut that down by a third I think it would have gone a lot better, the pacing is a bit off with the first half or so being very slow. But really enjoyed it overall, the combat was fun and can get surprisingly tactical once I figured out you can cancel enemy attacks if you've your arts thingy charged up, enjoyed the story and looking forward to where it goes from here.

I bought Trails of Cold Steel in the recent PSN sale so going to get into that next I think.

Also have DQ7 on the go, I've heard people say it takes a while to get going but it just is not grabbing me at the moment, think I've two or three islands unlocked so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Finished Trails in the Sky this morning.
    Also have DQ7 on the go, I've heard people say it takes a while to get going but it just is not grabbing me at the moment, think I've two or three islands unlocked so far.
    Are you going from Trials straight to DQ? You might need a break play something more simple like a platformer or something. I've found that myself before

Are you going from Trials straight to DQ? You might need a break play something more simple like a platformer or something. I've found that myself before

Not really. It took me months to beat Trails in the end, powered through the first half, put it down for a while, played most of the second half, put it down for a while, finally finished it. I've played and finished DOOM in the meantime for example, I played Kerbal a good bit so there's a change of pace in there too.

Finished Trails in the Sky this morning. Super game imo but just... found it a bit long. Think it too me 45 hours or so but if they'd cut that down by a third I think it would have gone a lot better, the pacing is a bit off with the first half or so being very slow. But really enjoyed it overall, the combat was fun and can get surprisingly tactical once I figured out you can cancel enemy attacks if you've your arts thingy charged up, enjoyed the story and looking forward to where it goes from here.

I bought Trails of Cold Steel in the recent PSN sale so going to get into that next I think.

Yeah it really takes about 20-30 hours to get going, pacing issues are probably my only gripe with the game, but it it worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Just finished FC too. The start is quite slow and I had an attempt on psp at around 10 hours years ago that I never finsihed but the after chapter one the pace more or less get quicker and quicker until the end and I ended up enjoying it a lot.

If Persona 5 wasn't coming out in a few months I'd probably jump right into the SC

• Advertisement

Spent about two hours this morning with Cold Steel, really liking it. There's so much more polish than Trails in the Sky.

Delighted to have found these games, I know not all are released yet but each series being a trilogy should keep me in nice traditional JRPGs for a while to come.

Anyone play the new Digimon game?

FF 12 is coming out on the 11th of July.

Anyone play the new Digimon game?

Not yet but if it's anything like cyber sleuth I'll be picking it up at some stage. Class game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Not yet but if it's anything like cyber sleuth I'll be picking it up at some stage. Class game

Nope, a friend of mine got it and said its more like the old Digimon World games on the PS1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

FF 12 is coming out on the 11th of July.

Any word on a pc port? Can't check in work at the moment.

Kiith wrote: »
    Any word on a pc port? Can't check in work at the moment.

Not yet.

It looks like Chaos;Child, Yu-No and Punch Line are being localised for the PS4 and Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tales of Zesteria for pc is available as part of the current Humble Bundle on the $15+ tier.

OK so I'm loving Cold Steel so far. Just gives me that nice warm feeling I had years ago playing the PS1 era FF games. And there's such a quality of life improvement over Trails in the Sky. Only about 7 hours in, first part where you leave the academy, but just can't wait to play more.

• Advertisement

16426086_10210755478796088_4859158489272119627_n.jpg?oh=0fe921891a761469c7de844bb4ff6758&oe=59119468

Persona 5 Buyer’s Survey, Includes Question for Other Persona Game Genres
    http://personacentral.com/persona-5-buyers-survey/
    I dunno if you're even meant to take it outside Japan but what harm?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dragon Quest 8 on 3DS

What a world we live in.

Is berserk and the band of the hawk getting a physical release in the west?

Is berserk and the band of the hawk getting a physical release in the west?

Only on the PS4, digital on the Vita.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So after a string of piss poor Tecmo Koei ports the ports of Atelier Sophie and Nights Azure are.... really good actually. Sophie supports up to 4K resolutions and so does Azure with a hex edit. Also both don't go bananas on my 21:9 display. Attack on Titan for me still wont work properly unless its in a 1080p window. Performance is great as well with 4K working at 60 fps on a gtx 1070.

It looks like Ni no Kuni 2 will get pushed back to 2018, Akihiro Hino confirmed it is only 45% complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It looks like Ni no Kuni 2 will get pushed back to 2018, Akihiro Hino confirmed it is only 45% complete.

I'd love to know how they get those percentages :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'd love to know how they get those percentages :D

From my time in development the scrumm boards usually give quite accurate indications of how far along a game is.

• Advertisement

Posted in the P5 thread but I'll do it here too. I saw this on my timeline but I don't want to get hype lol.
    11 Minutes of English Persona 5 Gameplay Footage via GameSpot

http://personacentral.com/11-minutes-english-persona-5-gameplay-footage-via-gamespot/

Advertisement