Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Might interest people here, a friend was going so I thought I'd go too, there's a talk on before it, it's under book now if you go with the LSO site.
    London concert to celebrate work of Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-09-london-concert-to-celebrate-work-of-final-fantasy-composer-nobuo-uematsu

*Opening Fanfare
    *The Final Fantasy Legend / Final Fantasy Legend 2
    *On Windy Meadows (from Final Fantasy XIV)
    *Waterside (from Blue Dragon)
    *Final Fantasy Concerto - For Piano and Orchestra
    *King's Knight BGM - Pretty Day Out - (from King's Knight)
    *Light of Silence (from Chrono Trigger)
    *Spreading Your Wings (from The Last Story)
    *Lost Odyssey Suite

There's one in France too: https://www.facebook.com/events/616574278496051/?ti=cl

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I bought Atelier Sophie on PS Vita. It's my first atelier game. Looking forward to trying it out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well totally screwed up my game of Atelier Totori. I was actually doing really well hitting all the license requirements really early. Got to the final two years and just went around going after the super bosses. Then I activated the build the boat quest stupidly late and had to really hurry to get all the parts for it. Ended up failing and getting the bad ending.

Told my friend who reminded me about the traveller shoes and speed gloves. Could have saved a huge amount of time with them. I stupidly had them made but never used them, I'm an idiot. Anyway with these on I managed to get the boat made and head to the final boss. He was tough but I kicked his ass. Unfortunately I still have a few days of travel to reach the area for the ending and I only had 2 days left. Balls.

It really was my own fault but a bit more telegraphing of the boat quest would have been nice. I sold everything and started new game plus so hopefully I'll fly through it. Thank god they are short RPGs. My friend assures me Totori is the worst when it comes to time requirements :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

On the final chapter of atelier shallie, a sweet little game, by no means my favourite but would definitely recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well totally screwed up my game of Atelier Totori. I was actually doing really well hitting all the license requirements really early. Got to the final two years and just went around going after the super bosses. Then I activated the build the boat quest stupidly late and had to really hurry to get all the parts for it. Ended up failing and getting the bad ending.

Still haven't beat Rorona but my understanding is that the games are designed to make new game+ runs pretty quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

It's really worth getting the true ending of Totori if you can, it really changes how you see one character

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

megaten wrote: »
    Still haven't beat Rorona but my understanding is that the games are designed to make new game+ runs pretty quick.

I've ****loads of money now which just about covered all the alchemy books in the shops and I'm steamrolling enemies with my end game weapons (sleep is a bit OP on normal enemies and some bosses!) so getting through pretty fast and levelling up like crazy. Also just getting through dialogue as fast as possible saves a lot of time. Got through a year in about an hour and a half.

Pity the Travel shoes, speed gloves and warp don't carry over but I'll prioritise them this run... and ignore that ****ing fan service quest.
    Sieghardt wrote: »
    It's really worth getting the true ending of Totori if you can, it really changes how you see one character

I'm going for it. I was really intrigued by all the info about Totori's mother so kind dying to fid out what happened to her and where she is.

Rorona's not so bad since it's broken into assignments so you can leave a save at the start of each one, although I never failed them. They were easy to complete but tough to excel in. Totori is much more open ended and the final mission, and some important events, can be easy to leave until too late. Don't let it put you off the game though, it's pretty great otherwise, Totori is a much better character than Rorona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Have to say, I'm really surprised by how good Cold Steel is. A really enjoyable JRPG. I can't say I'd ever expected to be using my Vita regularly again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cina wrote: »
    Have to say, I'm really surprised by how good Cold Steel is. A really enjoyable JRPG. I can't say I'd ever expected to be using my Vita regularly again!

I have to say the likes of PQube, NISA and XSeed are really keeping the console alive.

There is a good article on Kotaku UK about PQube posted last Friday where they state that sales of Vita versions outstrip the PS3/PS4 version of their VNs by an extremely large margin.

• Advertisement

I find it hard to play VN's on a console or PC. A portable is perfect though since you can read it like a book in your bed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The ancient king beast in atelier shallie is a bastard :mad:!

Blasting through Totori on new game plus. Got to the halfway mark in two nights.

It's a bit late
    16684313_1348729871817019_1999366068280069808_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d302597002cc88f022bdaa05825ec30e&oe=593DA857

After the nights I'm just before the final boss in totori with 2 years left to play with. New game plus is a lot faster if you skip text you already read. Hopefully I'll have the main quest beat this evening. Only took 3 nights playing it to get there

After the nights I'm just before the final boss in totori with 2 years left to play with. New game plus is a lot faster if you skip text you already read. Hopefully I'll have the main quest beat this evening. Only took 3 nights playing it to get there

How close are you too the platnium :pac:?

Speaking of Persona 5 since it coming close what's the best way of getting it launch week that doesn't involve gamestop prices? I can't reeally deal with paying 70 quid for a video game.

Speaking of Persona 5 since it coming close what's the best way of getting it launch week that doesn't involve gamestop prices? I can't reeally deal with paying 70 quid for a video game.
    Base was cheapest for the special edition I think. Are you looking for that or just the game?

How close are you too the platnium :pac:?

I have no interest in achievements and the playstation trophy system is even worse so I have less than zero interest in trophies 😀

Base was cheapest for the special edition I think. Are you looking for that or just the game?

Just interested in the game. I don't generally bother with getting games near release so I have no idea what the delivery times of uk shops are to ireland.

• Advertisement

Base.com is also cheapest for the steelbook edition at just under £44 plus shipping.

FYI if getting the collectors edition from Base get it delivered via Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard to avoid about £10 in shipping and VAT adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The "Take Your Heart" edition is back up on Amazon.co.uk now, first time it has been back up in months.

Xenji wrote: »
    The "Take Your Heart" edition is back up on Amazon.co.uk now, first time it has been back up in months.

Still £10 more than Base and Simply Games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still £10 more than Base and Simply Games though.

Simply Games are parasites as are their parent company, would never buy anything from them, have your ordered from Base before, how are they for delivery times?

Gonna stay with my Amazon order, got it for £67.99 with a Prime offer that was running last summer, works out slightly cheaper than VGP using DHL.

Simply Games are parasites as are their parent company, would never buy anything from them, have your ordered from Base before, how are they for delivery times?

Gonna stay with my Amazon order, got it for £67.99 with a Prime offer that was running last summer, works out slightly cheaper than VGP using DHL.

Well aware of Simply when they held peoples Xbox One and PS4 orders to ransom and tried to forcibly upsell.

I order from Base a few times a year, especially now since Amazons prices on anime have gotten ridiculously high compared to their competitors.

Bases delivery times tend to be about 1 week when shipped directly to Ireland. Cheaper to get the TYH edition shipped through PM/PW as they are charging £7 shipping on it here compared to free shipping to the UK, plus Base adjust for Irish VAT(which all EU companies are supposed to do, but the majority don't).

Gone already LOL

Well finding out what happened to Totori's mother was well worth it. Fantastic bit of storytelling. I like how you realise the shy timid Totori from the beginning of the game has become so like her mother in many ways. They seemed so different. It's subtle and really well handled.

Still got the real final boss to kill and it's a ball bag. Have a few more months to synthesis some overpowered items for it.

Beserek is out next week on vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Well finding out what happened to Totori's mother was well worth it. Fantastic bit of storytelling. I like how you realise the shy timid Totori from the beginning of the game has become so like her mother in many ways. They seemed so different. It's subtle and really well handled.

Still got the real final boss to kill and it's a ball bag. Have a few more months to synthesis some overpowered items for it.
    Great way of ending the game and didnt cheapen the journey AND really makes you rethink Astrid as a person too.

I'd love to have Totori's mom playable in another game, even if it was just Musou allstars

Advertisement