Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And Totori is done. I think starting new game + was the right idea, I actually had loads more to go after my failure point in the last game. I understood the systems more and was making super overpowered weapons by the end.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a big improvement on Rorona.

Dragon quest builders and world of FF both down to 30 euro in Smyths lads

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not going to jump straight into Meruru but going to keep with a Gust game and start the PC version of Nights of Azure at the weekend. Anyone got any thoughts on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm not going to jump straight into Meruru but going to keep with a Gust game and start the PC version of Nights of Azure at the weekend. Anyone got any thoughts on it?

I would say it was the dullest game I finished last year, the gameplay is highly repetitive with the summoning system being the only interesting part and the are environments are bland and generic.

The story can be dark at times, but it is usually ruined by pointless comedy, its saving grace though are the female leads and their interactions, plus it has a great soundtrack.

Hmm... might give it a go anyway. I've Dragon Quest 8 on the go as well so I can take a break if it gets repetitive. I hear it's short as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I absolutely loved it, Arnice quickly became one of my favourite characters. It's a classic JRPG love story with an interestingly dark and tragic tone to it. If you ever played a Gust game and thought bits had a surprisingly dark/tragic side to them (and having just played Totori I'd imagine you have) then it's like a full game of that

Hmm... might give it a go anyway. I've Dragon Quest 8 on the go as well so I can take a break if it gets repetitive. I hear it's short as well.

Took less than 20 hours to beat, but you can put double that into it if your inclined.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NIS America are bringing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa Of Dana to the U.S, coming sometime this year but it's only confirmed for U.S so far, I hope it gets a physical release.

NIS America are bringing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa Of Dana to the U.S, coming sometime this year but it's only confirmed for U.S so far, I hope it gets a physical release.

Strange that XSeed aren't doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Hopefully it's because XSeed are up to their necks in Trails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

So don't get too excited, but, I saw on FB they're making a new figure of Mara from SMT.
    Got a good laugh finding that on my timeline. Wasn't sure if I could post the link it's a bit nsfw so decided not to (it's on Persona Central's FB. https://www.facebook.com/PersonaCentralCom/ )

Rpgamer's awards for 2016 are up. Trails of Cold Steel 2 featured strongly and won best of the year with a strong showing by Ff15

https://www.rpgamer.com/awards/2016/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I dunno if it's any good, sharing anyway.
    "On March 1, 2017, everyone in Europe will be able to get A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV, the pixelated prequel to Final Fantasy XV, free from the PlayStation Store and Xbox Store. A North American release has yet to be announced."
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/20/kings-tale-final-fantasy-xv-will-free-europe-starting-march-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Rpgamer's awards for 2016 are up. Trails of Cold Steel 2 featured strongly and won best of the year with a strong showing by Ff15

https://www.rpgamer.com/awards/2016/index.html

So is CS2 a big improvement on the first one? Don't want to read anything in case spoilers.

So is CS2 a big improvement on the first one? Don't want to read anything in case spoilers.

Not played either but usually the first Trails game sets up the characters and settings and subsequent games are where the **** hits the fan so to speak. If you aren't invested already I'm not sure if you'll dig it and also they are still all very wordy games.

S-E has created a new studio, Studio Istolia will be helmed by Hideo Baba who has acted as producer of numerous Tales games, it will be a subsidiary of S-E and not an internal studio, its first game will be a console RPG "Project Prelude Rune".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Any word on Etrian Odyssey 5 ever getting a western release?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Any word on Etrian Odyssey 5 ever getting a western release?

It will be coming, Atlus just up to their nuts in Persona 5 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It will be coming, Atlus just up to their nuts in Persona 5 I'd say.

That's good. I don't mind waiting if Persona is their priority. The amature cartographer in me needs more maps though.

It will be interesting to see if they transcend the series over to the Switch (with the lack of a stylus).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've a bad feeling Beserek will be held back this week by that rating crowd just like they did with Attack on titan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've a bad feeling Beserek will be held back this week by that rating crowd just like they did with Attack on titan.

Doesn't state any country restrictions in the weeks new in ps store article on the blog. Should be go on Friday.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    That's good. I don't mind waiting if Persona is their priority. The amature cartographer in me needs more maps though.

It will be interesting to see if they transcend the series over to the Switch (with the lack of a stylus).

There's no news of it but they were holding back the announcement of a few games like SMT4 Apocalypse before Persona 5 got delayed. I'd say it will be shortly announced after that game launches.

Been playing it on PC, came out today although the PC release wasn't held up by the ratings board.

Doesn't state any country restrictions in the weeks new in ps store article on the blog. Should be go on Friday.
    There's no news of it but they were holding back the announcement of a few games like SMT4 Apocalypse before Persona 5 got delayed. I'd say it will be shortly announced after that game launches.

Been playing it on PC, came out today although the PC release wasn't held up by the ratings board.

Good too know :o

Good too know :o

I meant to say PC release of Attack on Titan in Ireland wasn't held up so it still might happen.

I meant to say PC release of Attack on Titan in Ireland wasn't held up so it still might happen.

You just ruined my day :mad:

:pac:

Star ocean till the end of time is getting a PS4 release.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/star-ocean-till-end-time-announced-ps4

Star ocean till the end of time is getting a PS4 release.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/star-ocean-till-end-time-announced-ps4

Only confirmed for Japan atm, can't see it getting released here seeing as Square Enix didn't release the PS4 versions of 1 & 2 in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Only confirmed for Japan atm, can't see it getting released here seeing as Square Enix didn't release the PS4 versions of 1 & 2 in the West.

It's coming as a PS2 Classic so I'd say it more likely. In the case of the other games if they're psp up-ports they would have been much less likely to be approved for release by sony america and europe

megaten wrote: »
    It's coming as a PS2 Classic so I'd say it more likely. In the case of the other games if they're psp up-ports they would have been much less likely to be approved for release by sony america and europe

Didn't stop them from approving Danganronpa 1&2 Reload which are also psp up-ports, via the Vita just like Star Ocean.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is getting a PC release, it will have the same launch date as the PS4 version.

• Advertisement

I'd say the lack of Star Ocean news is more down to the complete failure of the last Star Ocean game.

Advertisement