Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

World of Final Fantasy for vita reduced to €24 in argos.

http://checkargos.com/product/6182300

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

http://www.dualshockers.com/sony-teases-big-announcements-for-japanese-games-e3-2017/

Sony are promising japanese games at E3, hopefully that'll end up being relevant for fans of JRPGs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Gust's magical girl game Blue Reflection is coming out Sep 26th. I want to look forward to it but it seems to have gotten a very middling reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

megaten wrote: »
    Gust's magical girl game Blue Reflection is coming out Sep 26th. I want to look forward to it but it seems to have gotten a very middling reception.
    To the west or in Japan? I'm really looking forward to it

From the japanese release I'm guessing. That's just a general impression though from reading bits and pieces. I haven't read too much since I plan on playing it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

To the west I'm guessing, it came out in Japan in March I think it was.

I didn't realise there was two games out this month with word valkyrie in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gust have a presentation for the 20 year anniversary of the Atelier series tomorrow, they are promising some interesting announcements.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward too getting my hands on cladun this week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

E-mail from Atlus confirming Aegis Rim coming to the West from them. Was hoping it didn't get cancelled as we hadn't seen anything of it in so long.

Also can't wait for Blue Reflection. Gust games usually get bad critical reception in the west. Also it has Magical Girls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Blue Reflection also coming to steam.

Would love an atelier collection on steam of the PS3 games.

• Advertisement

To the west I'm guessing, it came out in Japan in March I think it was.
    Koei Tecmo has confirmed it will be releasing Blue Reflection, Gust’s latest JRPG, outside of Japan. It will be coming to the PlayStation 4 and PC in North America on September 26, 2017, followed by a European release on September 29, 2017.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/06/blue-reflection-heading-west-september/

8636301_thumb.gif

rolling.gif
    Rereading I don't see anything about a Vita version :l but it's on Vita in Japan. Hopefully that'll come out too, maybe I should invest in a PS4

Humble Bundle just put up Sekai Project bundle, some very good Visual Novels included and can get 17 of them if you pay the top tier.

Rereading I don't see anything about a Vita version :l but it's on Vita in Japan. Hopefully that'll come out too, maybe I should invest in a PS4

Doesn't surprise me one bit, more and more vita versions are being cancelled, sucks!

More RPG goodness announced.

EtrIan Odyssey 5 and the remakes of Strange Journey and Radiant Historia coming to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finally putting some real time in Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and it's a lot of fun. The battle system is engaging, the story is good and the characterisation is spot on. Can see myself sticking with it all the way through.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    More RPG goodness announced.

EtrIan Odyssey 5 and the remakes of Strange Journey and Radiant Historia coming to the west.

Going to have to have one last go at beating EOIV before V comes out. I'll never beat it if I can just dive into another one.

Finally putting some real time in Persona 4 Golden on the Vita and it's a lot of fun. The battle system is engaging, the story is good and the characterisation is spot on. Can see myself sticking with it all the way through.
    I was 95 hours playing it on PS2 but I often left it on and went for my dinner lol. If you get stuck anywhere feel free to ask. I accidentally read a spoiler for one part towards the end and it let down my experience a bit.

I got a gorgeous SMTIV art book as a birthday present to myself. It's like nearly 200 pages a4 size.
    87093R.JPG

I had gotten a smaller book with a CD but I don't need it now, if anyone would want it? I don't think any of my friends would be interested but will ask anyway. I just want to rip the CD for DandD campaign music.
    http://operationrainfall.com/2013/03/18/shin-megami-tensei-iv-comes-with-sound-art-collection/

• Advertisement

Technically not a straight RPG, but Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is coming to the PS4 next year, I had a great fun with the PSP version.

Is it a remake of the PSP games or is it the Arcade version? Would think a port of the arcade game would be more likely.

Is it a remake of the PSP games or is it the Arcade version? Would think a port of the arcade game would be more likely.

From what I can take from the stream it will be based off the Arcade version, Kazushige Nojima is doing a new story for it which does not inspire much confidence, but that is just a small part of the game, as it shines with its fight mechanics thanks to Team Ninja.

Nojima is Mr FF7 though? He's not bad, Squaresoft poached him from the Glory of Heracles 3 team for his scenario writing. Nomura is the one I worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Nojima is Mr FF7 though? He's not bad, Squaresoft poached him from the Glory of Heracles 3 team for his scenario writing. Nomura is the one I worry about.

Nojima went down in a lot of people's estimation when he started talking about his story for FFX-3 and having heard it I cant really blame them

It could be a return to form for Nojima as I do not think the FF15 story was fully his in the end, he is involved in the FF7 remake as well, but besides Crisis Core he has been very hit and miss for the last 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Flown a bit under the radar with E3, but the .hack//G.U trilogy is getting a PC and PS4 remaster with added content for each game, I always thought they were unfairly received by critics in the west, they came late in the PS2 cycle but were fun, different and for the time relatively short.

Xenji wrote: »
    Flown a bit under the radar with E3, but the .hack//G.U trilogy is getting a PC and PS4 remaster with added content for each game, I always thought they were unfairly received by critics in the west, they came late in the PS2 cycle but were fun, different and for the time relatively short.
    I never played any of them but would love to give them a go. Anyone I know that's played them has only said good things to me

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

Always remember seeing all four games in game and I regret not buying them now.

Advertisement