Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of funds and bank account questions

Options
  • 28-05-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi ,

So i know on the WHW you need proof of funds , that wont be a problem but i wanted to know , how does it work once your in Oz.

Do they ask everyone to show their proof of funds bank statment or is it more a " they might stop and ask " but they might not .

Also dothey require that you have your money in the Australian bank account before you arrive in Oz or is it ok to bring cash and or transfer the money from your irish account when your get settled in Oz .

Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

LolaC wrote: »
    Hi ,

So i know on the WHW you need proof of funds , that wont be a problem but i wanted to know , how does it work once your in Oz.

Do they ask everyone to show their proof of funds bank statment or is it more a " they might stop and ask " but they might not .

Also dothey require that you have your money in the Australian bank account before you arrive in Oz or is it ok to bring cash and or transfer the money from your irish account when your get settled in Oz .

Thanks .

It's a case of they might ask. You don't need 5000 you need 'access to 5000'. So a credit card or even a printed bank statement is fine. It doesn't need to be transferred to an Austrslia account.
    I'll update the FAQ to be a bit more clear as we have a section on proof of funds there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod FAQ updated with above answered. Closing thread.

Advertisement