Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used to hate it, now you love it

Options
  • 28-05-2012 8:34pm

Anyone ever find that they like a song that they used to hate back in the day??

For example, I am actually liking 'Everything I do I do it for you' by Bryan Adams right now, even though I hated it when I was younger.

Or am I just becoming boring....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Not so much a song but an artist, Prince.

I used to really dislike his music but then I gave a listen to Purple Rain, to give him a proper chance, and it really changed my mind about him. Now, I think he's a great artist and a fantastic guitarist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I wouldn't say I LOVE it, but I certainly did used to hate it: I watched the "Classic Albums" on Simply Red's "Stars" and I found myself enjoying some of the songs, in a nostalgic way of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Used to hate metal music in general but then I got dragged into Metallica by a friend and have started listening to other stuff like Rammstein and Anthrax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

This is going to sound crazy, but I used to hate Smells like teen sprit.

But Nirvana would be right up there in my favorite bands along with that song

now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Just listen to it. Just click play. It's too good of a song to not understand my point about how good of a song it is. And you won't appreciate it until you actually hear it, right now, and go "awwww...":

But I thought I was too cool for it, back in the day. Now I'm quite comfortable with the fact that I'm not cool but I love the Lighthouse Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

leggo wrote: »
    Just listen to it. Just click play. It's too good of a song to not understand my point about how good of a song it is. And you won't appreciate it until you actually hear it, right now, and go "awwww...":

But I thought I was too cool for it, back in the day. Now I'm quite comfortable with the fact that I'm not cool but I love the Lighthouse Family.

Raincloud and Question of faith are fantastic songs also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Have to say i've never really liked Prince but recently have started to listen to him abit!

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Nevr liked coldplay, but find myself listening and liking more of their stuff these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some terrible crimes being admitted to here already!

Mine is probably American AOR/FM-radio style music, I've never been against it completely
    but now in middle age I appreciate its unhurried pacing and soft focus "vibe" more.

I could never imagine myself liking Seals and Croft as a teenager (though Summer Breeze was always a great song - the Isley Brothers did it much better)

• Advertisement

This has kind of turned into "we are all getting old" thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Isotonik

I think the over playing of songs at the time of release on radio and other media can turn a lot of people off them very quick. Certainly the aforementioned Simply Red and Lighthouse Family were flogged to death in their hey day. Then one day years later you hear them again and feel completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

vader65 wrote: »
    Nevr liked coldplay, but find myself listening and liking more of their stuff these days!

Unforgivable.

Advertisement