Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Results 2012

Options
  • 28-05-2012 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Well, no thread on this, so might as well start one! Results are due out no later than Thursday (31st), how's everyone feeling? Sweating on one or two myself!

I can see from SIS that my results page has been updated for Semester two, but "not available" as of yet. Do they ever release them a day or two early, or will this be another sitting up until 3am, giving up and going to bed, then see they were released at 3.05am the next day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

When not just get sleep normally and check them whenever you wake up?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

From experience I don't think they've ever released them a day or two early; typically they come out on the stated date. Heavy traffic can make it difficult to access results in the morning; if you can restrain yourself you'll probably find it easier to get access in the PM.

Good luck to all Boardsies with results! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

My final year results would have to come out on my feckin' birthday wouldn't they?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You haven't already gotten told what your final result is? My final year results were really underwhelming, since I'd been told I had a 2.1 a week or so previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

I'm in engineering and we're not told. Damn those science people.

• Advertisement

Huh, might just be a weird science thing then. Sucks to be you guys. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

I've never seen them released before the day they're due. Sincerely doubt it'll ever happen, they just aren't that organised ;) More recently it's been about 7am before they've been released if I remember correctly... could be wrong. Either way my advice is to go to sleep. Lack of sleep is not going to change how well or badly you did, just make you cranky for the celebrations/pity party that night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Raphael wrote: »
    Huh, might just be a weird science thing then. Sucks to be you guys. =D

How were you informed about the results? SIS? I'm comp sci and would love to get my results than wait :(

I got a phone call from the school notifying me that what my degree would be, and that I wasn't needed to come in to be reviewed by the external examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Felt the exams went well so I am hoping to manage to pull of the first. But I am still pretty happy getting the 2.1 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

Staying up late to get them is all part of the results fun! :D and this is the last time I get to do it so tomorrow will deffo be an all nighter for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Exams went hideously bad for me.

Think I failed 3 of them.

Need to get the finger out for next semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I absolutely murdered some of mine. It's annoying because I'd put in so much work and my mind stopped working by the time exams came and I completely blanked on a couple.

Having 4 of the final exams of my degree over 5 days didn't help with the whole mind melting either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I absolutely murdered some of mine. It's annoying because I'd put in so much work and my mind stopped working by the time exams came and I completely blanked on a couple.

That happened me with my first one. So disappointed - did a lot of work for it and was aiming for an B+/A- overall (had a B+ going in to it). Will be lucky if I end up with a C.

The others weren't as bad - one was really good and two average. GPA will drop a lot. Think I got 3.75 at Christmas - prob around 3.0 in this set. Dreading tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Got an email this morning confirming that I had my place on a masters in ucd, and then an email half and hour later saying they were still waiting on my results. Happy now because I know I have done well, & they forgot I hadn't got my results yet :)
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DocToBe

I am so so so nervous, never been this nervous before, would rather be waiting on my Leaving Cert results, ha ha!
    Especially worried about one, it's touch and go, I should pass, but knowing my luck I won't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Ferrakins

ill be hitting the rosary beads tonight and the bottle tomorrow, regardless...

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Second year, sure t'will be grand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

What are the odds they'll be released at precisely 12 o'clock? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Rothmans wrote: »
    What are the odds they'll be released at precisely 12 o'clock? :P

It'd be lovely but I'd imagine they're probably zilch. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

You can use this Check4Change Firefox extension to constantly refresh the page and play a song when a part of the page changes. Just set it and it will wake you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Let the constant pressing of f5 begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

"Results not yet available" are the four most stress filled words in my life right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Last set of exam results coming up tonight. Best of luck to everyone who's waiting, if it's your first year or last.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

It's bad that you're born the same year as I am, but I have 2 years left for the undergrad..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Got my IX results anyway which means I get my fairly underwhelming but satisfactory (to me) 2:2. Though the final mark is still being calculated. What happens now? When is graduation? I never even thought about it until now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Don't worry, I was born 8 years before both of you and have 2 years left on my undergrad too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

It's bad that you're born the same year as I am, but I have 2 years left for the undergrad..

2 more years to decide what the hell you wanna do! I haven't a clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 daniel40392

Got my IX results anyway which means I get my fairly underwhelming but satisfactory (to me) 2:2. Though the final mark is still being calculated. What happens now? When is graduation? I never even thought about it until now.

Depends on yours course, the dates are all here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/confer/schedule.htm

Advertisement