Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Results 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

They won't be putting my picture up in the engineering building by any means but I got my degree and meet the requirements for the masters so I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

4.0 :O lost for words............... but :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Just got a text from a friend saying he got 3.67 as final gpa. Ouch so close

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I got a first!This is a good start for my birthday.:D

Now,I'm basically certain I have this right,but overall classification for Law is the average of your 3rd and 4th years right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

End of degree GPA 4.06. I may have put in a slight bit more effort than necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 ShytePryde

3rd year.

That shouldn't be allowed. I'd feel better with a 3.06.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Is a 2.1 equivalent to a GPA of 3.2 or 3.4, I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ShytePryde

Is a 2.1 equivalent to a GPA of 3.2 or 3.4, I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

2.1 is 3.08.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I got a first!This is a good start for my birthday.:D

Now,I'm basically certain I have this right,but overall classification for Law is the average of your 3rd and 4th years right?

Ya I'd be fairly sure that's the case. B + L is 50/50, so I'd say Law is the same as they're both 4 years, and both run by the law school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Thanks, could you tell me where you found that figure? Can't seem to find any info on the UCD website and for obvious reasons I'd like a somewhat definitive answer.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

4.18 #standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Got a 3.13 for stage one. Meh, whatever, it doesn't count towards my degree and I passed everything, so happy enough. Roll on next year and the serious business!!

After two rounds of results, I think the main thing I learnt from first year is that you never do as well as you think you did, but you never do as bad as you think you did either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Just got a text from a friend saying he got 3.67 as final gpa. Ouch so close

Pretty much the same for me, I got a 3.65. Does anyone know how many grades would have to go up to get it to a first (3.68?)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Got 4.09 and am quite happy about that, mostly because I got an A in something I was genuinely worried I might have failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Got 4.09 and am quite happy about that, mostly because I got an A in something I was genuinely worried I might have failed.

Oh, you're one of those :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Got 3.87 as my degree GPA and an A in my research thesis. Had myself prepared for failure as a family member was diagnosed with a particularly insidious form of dementia during the exam week so much so he couldn't remember who I was and I just drifted in and out of the Rds without really taking anything in. Turns out luck was really with me on the day, considering all the bad luck my family had. Well done to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How can you think like that? 99.999% of the time I know what result I got within 1 grade each way when I come out of an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Got 3.05, bitterly disappointed to miss out on the 2.1. Anyone know any possible ways to get a 2.1 at this stage. I take it it's not possible to take on another couple of modules next year and try and up the grade?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

LUPE wrote: »
    Oh, you're one of those :rolleyes:
    AdamD wrote: »
    How can you think like that? 99.999% of the time I know what result I got within 1 grade each way when I come out of an exam.
    Well we only got one of our assignment results back beforehand and it was shockingly marked, so with another 40% being in other assignments I had no idea how they'd go.
    My understanding of the module was quite up and down and I got very lucky with the exam paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 ucd11

Does compensation not happen until the final results are published?
    I have passed 11 out of 12 modules and have a GPA over 2.0, but my one E grade is not P(C)! Will this happen when the final results are published?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

ucd11 wrote: »
    Does compensation not happen until the final results are published?
    I have passed 11 out of 12 modules and have a GPA over 2.0, but my one E grade is not P(C)! Will this happen when the final results are published?

I have a friend...and the exam he failed is compensated already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah I have a P(C) already.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ucd11

Thanks for the replies guys, it was actually a repeat I got the E in, and I just checked and it is P(C) in the original semester I did it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Just checked mine. 5 As and a B.
    GPA of 3.9 - Happy Out

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

MSc student so only had two assessed modules this semester but managed to boost my GPA from 3.46 to 3.55.

On course for a 2:1 if I don't balls up my thesis!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Happy with my results, same as last semester. Have a 2:1, now to maintain it!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Conor108 wrote: »
    Yeah I have a P(C) already.
    Got one of them in first year. It doesn't look nice alongside all dem Ds.

On topic, it seems like my GPA gets higher and higher by roughly the same amount each semester. If it goes on like this, I'll have a 4.2 when I'm in fourth year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Quent Q.

If you pass an exam by compensation but this result brings down your GPA what are the chances of getting them to cancel this pass by compensation?

Would get a better degree classification if I could just sit the exam again.
    Anyone any experience of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

If you owe fees how quick does the hold come of your account? Also when do the provisional results disappear?

Advertisement