Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Results 2012

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Hey Guys, I am first year Social Science and got an overall year GPA of 3.45.
    Is that good or average for first year?

Auds.

It's a B/B+ average, in the middle of the 2.1 range. Depends on your expectations as to whether that's good or not :) But in general that would be considered a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Bougeoir

I got my provisional results and now my overall GPA is 3.05 leaving me just under the 3.08 requirement for a 2.1. My modular grades would have to go up by four to get a 2:1. However, I did extenuating circumstances, taking that into account in determining the grade. Does anyone know if that means that the grades might go up in the final results?

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Bougeoir

Got 3.05, bitterly disappointed to miss out on the 2.1. Anyone know any possible ways to get a 2.1 at this stage. I take it it's not possible to take on another couple of modules next year and try and up the grade?
    I'm in the same boat; I also got 3.05. You will need your modular grades to increase by four to get a 2:1. It might be a good idea to contact your tutors and explain the situation to them. It's worth a shot! Anyway, depending on what you want to do getting a 2:2 isn't the end of the world. In my case, the graduate programmes I want to do only require a 2:2 and look at experience, which I've a lot of (I studied French and Spanish).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 milic

Anyone know how GPA is calculated for 3 year Social Science degree?

Is it 33.3% for each year or 50% for last 2 years?

All info appreciated

Advertisement