Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog bite liability

• 28-05-2012 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

If you invite someone into your property and they sit with your dog. Whilst petting it the dog snaps which has never happened before and knicks the persons skin . Are you liable . I think Im going to get milked here .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

How well do ul you know the person? Not everyone in the country is out to sue at the drop of a hat. Maybe offer to pay any medical expenses and some sort of dinner voucher or something as an apology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

The simple, and only answer is yes you are liable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

If I had no money other than the house I dont own yet would I be made sell it. I havnt got dog bite insurance.

If the only damage was a nick on the hand with no damage other than that, if the person bothered taking you to court, they wouldnt get a windfall!

If on the other hand, the bite severed their hand and had lasting damage, you would be in more trouble. Either way, you ARE responsible for your dog in the eyes of the law, but just because you are nicked by a dog, doesnt mean you will be rich suddenly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Well the injury is suddenly escalating , it was a nick the other day now its this and that , thats why Im asking I have suspicion it has false injury claim written all over it.

• Advertisement

If the injury is "escalating" then it is probably time to go see a solicitor as you are definitely liable for injuries your dog does.

Advertisement