Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up while on holidays

• 28-05-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi guys!

Heading to S.E Asia shortly on holidays for three weeks.
    I have blemished skin that is prone to acne and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some form of light make up that I could use while away. I know I should ditch the make up while away but I would prefer some sort of coverage. I've tried the Loreal BB cream and I just found there was no coverage in it for me at all.

Thanks a million guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Hey I haven't been to SE Asia but when I went to North Africa I brought the full works and ended up wearing nothing due to the heat ( and I kinda didn't care since I knew noone and in the pics my skin looked good for some reason...?). I'd be like you and have blemished skin so just a heads up.
    I just started using the Lush colour Skin Supplement in light yellow. Completely love it as I can mix it with moisturizer for my full face and then use it straight from the jar on any bad blemishes as a concealer. Handy as a two for one. But you can use it as full coverage without mixing it with moisturizer. I also use a bit of Urban Decay Surreal skin mineral foundation lightly buffed into it with a buffing brush just for staying powder on my oily skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

thanks a million! where did you get the lush make up? will have a look out for the urban decay too thanks a mil! :)
    I have quite pale skin so would this be okay for me? Because i have such pale skin i just feel every spot i get leaves a blemish or redness! so annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

my make up was sliding off my face all last week with the heat had primer and all on but nothing stopped it , superstay 24 maybelline is great didnt slide off , coverage is good but the shade range is crap i had tann on and the ivory was a good match to it, id defo spray a make up sealer after wards to seal it in , but as lady said u prob wont use much make up while there , its a total effort to put on make up on hols ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

OP, try mixing your usual foundation with a bit of moisturiser, so that it'll be your own colour and (kind of) formula, but light enough to wear in the heat. I know if you've acne it's hard to go bare-faced but try not to go too heavy on the makeup as it'll clog your pores up in the heat and make your skin worse. If you can, maybe try keeping it minimal with a good concealer.

Advertisement