Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes alterations

Options
  • 28-05-2012 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Howdy

Looking for someone that does clothes alterations.

I bought a dress and it's just a little bit see-through for my liking and I'd like to get an under layer sewn into it. Normally I'd just wear something underneath but because it's halterneck it's hard to find something.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Howdy

Looking for someone that does clothes alterations.

I bought a dress and it's just a little bit see-through for my liking and I'd like to get an under layer sewn into it. Normally I'd just wear something underneath but because it's halterneck it's hard to find something.

Any suggestions?

Hold on sure just send me on a picture and il tell ya if its noticably see-through or not you could be just getting paranoid about it:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Okay I'll admit I deserved that lol!

Any non-AH responses?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

the lady in Lisduggan shopping center is very good...

the lady in Lisduggan shopping center is very good...

Would she provide material or does she just do basic alterations like zips and hems etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You'd have to provide the material, but if you call in and ask her she'll tell her what would suit the dress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We use this place on Patrick Street:
    unnamed.jpg

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You'd have to provide the material, but if you call in and ask her she'll tell her what would suit the dress.

Yeah might go into her first and see what she thinks. I've an idea in my head but she'll know best obviously
    We use this place on Patrick Street:
    unnamed.jpg

Used them before. They put a zip in a bike jacket for me and within 2 weeks the zip started coming away from the jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You could try Threads on Parnell St - I've found them v good for alterations in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

G Kee's on barrack street do alterations too, its a fabric shop so they would supply the material. As far as I know singer sewing do alterations out the back too.

Wish we had some proper fabric shops in Waterford. The selection is awful and prices are disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I usually buy another top in the same size and turn it inside out and use that to line the dress, but you'd have to see the dress to know if this will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

Dropped some jeans off at Zip Yard yesterday and they just texted me to say they are ready. They charged €10 while Threads quoted €15. :)

Advertisement