Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AOR Scanners/Receivers

Options
  • 28-05-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

www.rigpix.com/aor/aorselect.htm

Every AOR scanner they make is listed :)

I saw one that goes to 3500Mhz -- I wonder why they dont goto 6000?? (Or higher)

AOR makes THE BEST SCANNERS out there!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Dude111 wrote: »
    AOR makes THE BEST SCANNERS out there!!

Not sure about that statement. I had an AOR 8200 Mk3 once and it was rubbish. Replaced it with a Yupiteru MVT-7100 which was light years ahead of the AOR in terms of performance. I'd never touch another AOR scanner again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Hmmmmm it sounds like you had a bad unit!

What is the freq coverage of the replacement you got? (And skips,etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

www.rigpix.com/aor/aorselect.htm

Every AOR scanner they make is listed :)

QUOTE]
    not every one :cool:
    But agree aor didnt get there name from a hat. they make great gear.

Now where to find another 2800

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hmmmmm it sounds like you had a bad unit!

What is the freq coverage of the replacement you got? (And skips,etc)

Wasn't overly impressed with my AOR 8200 either when I had it, considering the price. HF was a complete waste of time, and I mean a complete waste - I know HF is never great on a scanner but the 8200's HF was literally pointless it was so bad. And performance on VHF/UHF was average, nothing special. Compared it to a friends Yupiteru once and the Yupiteru was definitely better.

Wouldn't be bothered with an AOR again either.

Advertisement